People snickering

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats really terrible and disrespectful :|If I was there, I would have stuck up for the poor girl. Laughing at a disability is a horrible thing. Monsters.

I really wonder what they would do if their positions were reversed.
That's what I think. I would do it too.

Being nice fail

I would have tried to help that girl had I been there. I know being picked on is sad. I actually get picked on all the time for being a "crybaby" (I actually have Asperger's syndrome si I get upset easily and people use that as an advantage against me)

First off, no-one should ever make fun of someone with mental disability. It's wrong. And it's not their fault, really. People thought I was going to be disabled. So I feel sorry for that woman and anyone else getting teased because of mental disability. Like I said before, it's wrong(Frong xD ) and cruel. No-one should act like that.

BTW that includes aspergers. (Reminder from a song by Ladyhawke ;D )

-rant finishes here-

Last edited by a moderator:
there is alot of disabled kids at my school, everyones friendly. but at target a kid with autism (low functioning) threw a tantrum and people where like snickering and stuff. i am also autstic myself, exept i am high funtioning.

people are just idiots these days.

Epic fail. -_-

People with Down's have a chromosomal disorder. The 21st pair of chromosomes makes 3 copies instead of the normal 2. I had a sweet kid with Down's who rode my school bus a couple of years ago. He was the sweetest kid ever, and would help on the bus with some of the other kids. I miss him terribly. (graduated). I would have made those people leave the scene if that person was out of control. so the person assisting that handicapped person could regain control. Those cruel people had no clue as to what was going on, and should have minded their own business. I also have a mentally challenged cousin who is a few years older than me, but I haven't seen him since I was five. He lives in an assisted living facility. His was a birth condition. People just need to realize that these persons live among us, and to thank their lucky stars that they are OK.

Sometimes the laughter is awkward, that of a confused person who really doesn't know how to handle the situation.

Sometimes the laughter is cruel because those around them or ignorant and don't understand so they laugh at their expense.

People with downs or any other disorder has a right to be in public. Those who find it shameful <i>sound</i> vain--concerned with appearances. Now, I'm not saying they are, but that's what shows. And you know, you cannot control how other people see you.

I have worked with down syndrome and handicap kids before. I would have stopped to stand in, and asked the caretaker if there's anything I could do to help. If she said "no" I don't know, but I think I would have walked away because there's no use in being no help and making a greater spectacle than there already is.

It also depends if I was feeling gutsy enough to say something. Sometimes, I just let things be, but if I had enough anger/concern, I might have said something along the lines of "It's not funny. Go away."

People like that really really "peeve" me off.

I understand though, that you had some where to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back