PLZ HELP!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
this is weird.

Every time i bump my tama v5 around where the battery is the screen goes blank. then i have to sqeeze it real hard to get the screen on again and it comes up with download/reset and i have to download it.

so im lucky if my tamas evolve.

is this happening to anyone else or is my tama bung and should i buy a new one.

Before you buy a new one, check these points:

(1) are you using the correct battery type? All modern Tamagotchis require a CR2032 battery. There are other batteries which look similar but are a bit thinner, such as the CR2025. If you don't use the correct battery, it may be loose.

(2) remove the battery and check for bellybutton fluff on the battery contacts inside the Tamagotchi. Blow out any dust, clean the contacts with a dry Q-Tip, and clean the battery with a dry Kleenex.

this is weird.Every time i bump my tama v5 around where the battery is the screen goes blank. then i have to sqeeze it real hard to get the screen on again and it comes up with download/reset and i have to download it.

so im lucky if my tamas evolve.

is this happening to anyone else or is my tama bung and should i buy a new one.
Maybe its not working or is the wrong battery you should check and then bye a new one oh and did you put water in your tama

Some Questions and Concerns you Should think about....

Did you Put the Battery the Right way?

(1) Sometimes You might mistakly put the battery the wrong way. Which might make it not function properly, or even function at all. So when you put your new battery in make sure its Face Side up. Then your tamagotchi should be working properly. But according to your problem I don't think its that.

Did you put the Right Battery?

(2) As Binary mentioned you need a CR2032 battery for your Tamagotchi. As Binary also mentioned you may find similar battery look-a-likes,that might not be suitable for your Tamagotchi. So always remember what kind of battery you need. What I always do is I bring in my old tama battery and give it to the person, so they can get exactly that same battery.

Did you buy a Cheap Battery?

(3) Sometimes, you can buy [ even myself ] buy cheap batterys. Cheap batterys can cause the battery to die way faster, then a durable non-cheap battery would. Even if the package mentions that it is ''A Long-Lasting'' Battery, it might not be. You can find cheap batterys at the Dollar Store. Though some dollar store batterys work properly, but some may not. Most likely a Dollar Store battery won't last you very long. Some batterys may only go up to 2 weeks. When I buy [sometimes] Dollar store batterys, it can last up to 2 months. But sometimes you can find cheap batterys at big stores as well like Wal-Mart. Just because it isn't a ''Dollar Based'' Store, some batterys, especailly no-name brands may cause battery failure.

Is the Battery Dirty/Dusty?

(4) Sometimes, you Just have to take out the battery and blow it slightly against the battery and on the back of the tamagotchi. Then when you put back in the battery just simply Download.

I hope I helped. It could also mean your Tamagotchi is Broken. Try these steps and tips. Also use the tips the others have mentioned and see if you get results. If not your tamagotchi is unfortunatly broken!

Hope I helped,

~tama_princess~ :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... Another thing you might want to check is if the battery is fitting snugly. You can check this by unscrewing the cover and holding your tamagotchi over a table screen side up and wiggling it a little. If the battery falls out or wiggles, try holding it in with a piece of tape. Another problem could be the battery contacts (the things that touch the battery inside the tama). If that's the case, you might need to get a new tama. I'm not to good with the technical stuff. Sorry about that.

I hope I helped!

thx for ur help peoples

i tried everything but i thing theres just sumting wrong.

its working a bit better though. it does that thing ocasionally still but it works fine

thx again

l8rz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back