Popularity

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think popularity matters?

• Umm...Yeah! Being popular means I'm COOL!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, what matters is being just yourself! :)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamasweet2

Reaction score
I don't actually think popularity matters, I mean, I have my friends, what more could I ask for? By the way, people are already saying I'm popular, I mean, if you really want to be, BE YOURSELF! That's all I'm doing! :)

~Tamasweeeet2 :)

It doesn't matter at all when you get out of school. Although if people find you a likeable person, it will be easier to get a job. It's always good to have good social skills.

I think popularity doesnt mean a thing. I mean I am known as popular at my school. But I dont take advantage of it. Thats just wrong. I think being ur self is everything!

Popularity doesn't matter

All the popular girls at my school are total snobs

Last edited by a moderator:
I think popularity doesnt mean a thing. I mean I am known as popular at my school. But I dont take advantage of it. Thats just wrong. I think being ur self is everything!
The TOTAL same here!

~Tamasweet2 :)

Well it is good to have friends but to act like your all that is not cool. 'Cause life is so short that you'll get so caught up with being someone else that you'll have no time to be yourself. So be yourself!!!!TODAY

Well it is good to have friends but to act like your all that is not cool. 'Cause life is so short that you'll get so caught up with being someone else that you'll have no time to be yourself. So be yourself!!!!TODAY
And everyday! You don't actually have to be all mean to other people and being all so snobby!

~Tamasweeet

yup. i am knows as so popular in schoo. i think it's cool, but i got popular by being who i am............

I don't actually think popularity matters, I mean, I have my friends, what more could I ask for? By the way, people are already saying I'm popular, I mean, if you really want to be, BE YOURSELF! That's all I'm doing! :mametchi:
~Tamasweeeet2 :lol:
Popularity sucks in my opinion. If you want to be popular at my school, you can't even if you tried (If you did people would make fun of you and you'd be "at the bottom" like me.) The girls that were popular in 1st grade always have been popular. There haven't been any additions since, trust me.

If you still wanna try, follow these instructions! Even though no one wants to be a mini-Paris Hilton.

1. Wear clothes from American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Aeropostale. No thrift stores or hand-me-downs at all!!

2. Straighten your hair every day if you don't have naturally straight hair. There's never been a popular girl with curly hair.

3. Fail in all your classes - fashion and what's hot is much more important than your future!

4. Go anorexic and make it so serious the outcasts will all look morbidly obese to you.

5. Listen strictly to mainstream music. No exceptions.

6. Make sure you get a boyfriend. Break up with him in about a week, then date some other guy for only a week, etc.

7. Think that the rebels are weird. There's nothing wrong with society - it's absolutely perfect in your vision.

8. Think all the same things that other people do. Just don't turn into a weird rebel from it.

9. Use any or all the outcasts that get on or close to the honor roll.

And why would anyone do that anyway?

Popularity is just a word. Nothing else. It means nothing.

If you want to be "popular" just be yourself. You may not be popular in your school's top 10, but you will be in your top 10. And those snobby people that act all cool are just show offs. Just be yourself. Nobody else. I'm known as kind of cool. I couldn't care less what other people think of me. I'm just me, and that's all I'll ever be. (hey, that rhymes!)

GotchiGirl96

Yeah, these girls that are soooo popular in school arent that much popular b/c im more popular cause i win evrything and they always say im good and stuff but my teacher says that being urself is better which i am!All the thinktheyre cool but arent kids at my school always get in trouble!

Popularity..hmm...

P-Pretty

o-On Top

p-pretty snobby

u-unsucessful in life

l-lame

a-anorexic

r-rude

i-in the "In" crowd

t-top of the top in the school

y-your WORST ENIMY

Thats what popularity is in many peoples eyes, and this is what it should be is "Has alot of friends."

Popularity sucks in my opinion. If you want to be popular at my school, you can't even if you tried (If you did people would make fun of you and you'd be "at the bottom" like me.) The girls that were popular in 1st grade always have been popular. There haven't been any additions since, trust me.
If you still wanna try, follow these instructions! Even though no one wants to be a mini-Paris Hilton.

1. Wear clothes from American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Aeropostale. No thrift stores or hand-me-downs at all!!

2. Straighten your hair every day if you don't have naturally straight hair. There's never been a popular girl with curly hair.

3. Fail in all your classes - fashion and what's hot is much more important than your future!

4. Go anorexic and make it so serious the outcasts will all look morbidly obese to you.

5. Listen strictly to mainstream music. No exceptions.

6. Make sure you get a boyfriend. Break up with him in about a week, then date some other guy for only a week, etc.

7. Think that the rebels are weird. There's nothing wrong with society - it's absolutely perfect in your vision.

8. Think all the same things that other people do. Just don't turn into a weird rebel from it.

9. Use any or all the outcasts that get on or close to the honor roll.

And why would anyone do that anyway?
At my school all you really have to do is be funny. All of the popular people are funny. And the strange thing is, at my school, a lot of the 'losers' get really bad grades. Most of the average and popular people get okay grades (Like some A's and a few B+'s.) And a lot of the popular kids get 4.0 GPAs. My school seems the opposite from most of the schools I hear about. All of the popular kids I know are nice. (Except for this one girl, who everyone doesn't like because she's mean. She thinks she's popular though.) And at my school, you get made fun of if you broke up with someone if you went out with them for less than a month. Some 'cool' kid on my bus last year would always get asked "And Steve, what number girlfriend is this? Number 20 this year?" And he answered "No, only like, my sixth girlfriend." (We had started school four months earlier, and he got his first girlfriend at the start of the school year.) And then everybody laughed at him.

Weelll social skills are always important in life. Does this mean you have to be shrouded in crowds of people? No. It just means you have to be able to interact with others in a calm and likeable manner.

o.o Hmm kinda a tough question for me.

It is and it isn't. It's always good to have lots of friends

and to be social.

But its also good to be yourself, and just be in your own

little group of people who you like and trust.

Personally I think i like smaller groups better then

big ones. Even though I feel so much cooler to be in a big one,

I feel more comfortable in a small group.

Popularity does matter- even to those who say it doesn't. If it truely didn't matter, there would be no question about the popular 'jocks, preps, snobs' ect. You can't escape it so just deal with it.

Be the best person YOU can be and not some tight shirted crazy. You should take into account what others think about you so you can make yourself a better person. I'm not saying if this one chic says she doesn't like you because you don't wear shirts ten times to tight and pants that look more panties to go get clothes you don't want and/or can't afford anyways. But if you are hurting someones feelings be considerate of those around you and make that change to be a better person.

I don't care about popularity. Being yourself is what matters. Being a nice person, and seeing a group of cliques may make your brain go wrong - thinking, 'Ooh! I can be popular if I join those people!' If so, that would be wrong. That happens to many people - they go from nice person to evil person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back