populars?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My school doesn`t really have populars, but there are people who socialize with everyone. Which I think would be grade 6-8. ( My grades) The grade 4-5`s are like, "Ì am such a daredevil!" And grade 1-3, "I love this! Mommy!" So I would say Not really. But there are grade cliques in my school.

Everyone in my grade is pretty equal. We have different cliques, but none of them are like greater or more popular.

Yay us :]

Unfourtunately, yes there are populars(or at least that is what they think they are) at my school. But you could say there are about 5 different cliques of 'popular'.

Yeah. We have Popular group in our school.

I belong in the shy/quiet group but I have lots of friends.

I just don't talk much.

We have 3 levels of popular people.

Highest: Popular: Treated like royalty

Medium: Preppy Pops: Populars that aren't as the best, and hangs with the highest group.

Low: Jock Pops: Love sports and popular. Noticed most of the time.

Then they have all the rest from highest to low: Jock, Scene, Goth, Emo, Nerd, Teacher's pets, and the ITS.*

*The ITS are a group, their dressing varies, they usually talk with the nerds, and their hair is always limp and frizzy at the same time. Lord knows what they did to make it that way, and they also kinda smell funny.

No popular people in my elementary, everybody has their own groups, but I've never heard of any popular people.

I don't go to school. But in the group of people I know (it's really big), there are popular people, they're popular because they're nice and friendly.

Meaning, not me... I'm kind of rude and like to keep to my small group of friends.

There isn't really any cliques at my school. Although this one girl who is mean to me reckons there are two groups of people: "Gangster" and "Nerd" meaning if you're not a gangster you must be a nerd. If it was just like that I'd be a nerd.

Nahhhh =P.

No such thing as popular at our school.

People at our school usually tend to hang out with the same people. There's so many different groups. So no.

Kinda. But there are lots of groups. I kinda mesh in with a few. From what I know, there are The Skanky Popular Girls, The Less-Skanky Popular Girls, The Hollister Boyz, The Druggies, The Theatre Kids, The Super Piano/Band Kids, The Super Duper Tech Kids, The Artsy Kids, The Kids Who Try Way Too Hard To Be 'Scene', The Kids Who Try Way Too Hard To Be The Popular Children, The Athletic Kids, The So-Smart-It-Makes-Teachers-Nervouse Kids, The Kids That Thinks Everyone Loves Them But Everyone Hates Them Because They Think Everyone Loves Them Even Though Everyone Hates Them And They Refuse To Let A Thought Like That Pass Through Their Heads, And so on.

Ah, highschool.

But it's not too dictative. It's not as bad as it was in middle school. Middle school was just stupid xD

Now we're nore civilized, thank goodness.

Popular isn't a group of people. It's an adjective. Of course there are popular people. I was popular in school in the sense that everyone knew me.

Being popular isn't about, "Ohhh my god I'm like so pretty and perfect and everyone loves me!!one!" It's about how many people you know and how many people know you.

I am homeschooled, so I may not know much about this topic, but sometimes even I can point out some people who think themselves as 'populaur'.

I've thought about this subject many times before, and I don't think there is really a right or wrong answer.

There are people who are 'populaur' in school, or out of school. But they probably don't get must respect for acting that way. Sometimes (and often) the populaur people are nicer. But I have reliazed this defitanly not always the scene.

I think around middle school, this type of thing starts, and highschool picks it up. But, still, I'm a homeschooler so I don't know much about this.

there are alot of types of groups at my school they are: Popular, un-poplular, nerds, IPS, forex, gansters, weirdos, comedy peoples, Speical needs, the druggers (basically people who use drugs during recess and lunch and bus dismisal) Kids who smell funny, The Hollister Boyz, teachers pet, The Super Duper Tech Kids, Bomgar, Sporty people who always smell like sweat, the twirliers, hockey fanatics, Stupid people.

alot of groups but basically im in 2 groups, popular and forex.

Note: forex means that you are cool, yet weird. likes to repeat stuff but still awsome. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my school is quite cliquey. People don't really converse with people outside their group much. I can't think of people as just "people". I mean, they're obviously just people, but I think it's kind of a "did you put cotton over your eyes this morning?" type thing when someone says that they think of everyone as just people. There are obviously categories -- at every school I've been to. That's how you find friends. Certain groups dress certain ways and act certain ways. If you're a darker type of person, are you going to sit with the group that's covered in eyeliner and black or lime green skinny jeans and All Time Low shirts? Think about it. Come on. Everyone does it. >>; When people see a common element among other people, they're going to gravitate towards that person or people. That's just the way it works. In middle and high school it tends to be clothing and there's a lot of immaturity and stereotyping done.

Blah blah blah not getting into it. I like studying social hierarchies. It makes me a super nerd. <3 Anyways...I fit in no where, so I guess that makes me a loner. I mean, I have random friends, not that I relate to them muchly, but sometimes I sit with someone at lunch / someone sits with me. Most people do know who I am, though, because I'm apparently creepy or insane or something. I think it's BS, I'm a nice person, just different. But I suppose that makes me popular...? o3o

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back