Post a fact!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish sleep, they just have clear eyelids. However, some insects do not sleep.
Is that because they're life span is so short?

Lets see... facts facts....

Uh, a kid names Joe was absent from algera today- is that good?

xD

Some dude on this Radio Station ran over a Green-ish ground cable box today! XP

In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi.

The increased electricity used by modern appliances is causing a shift in the Earth's magnetic field. By the year 2327, the North Pole will be located in mid-Kansas, while the South Pole will be just off the coast of East Africa.

The idea for "tribbles" in "Star Trek" came from gerbils, since some gerbils are actually born pregnant.

Male rhesus monkeys often hang from tree branches by their amazing prehensile penises.

Johnny Plessey batted .331 for the Cleveland Spiders in 1891, even though he spent the entire season batting with a rolled-up, lacquered copy of the Toledo Post-Dispatch.

Smearing a small amount of dog feces on an insect bite will relieve the itching and swelling.

The Boeing 747 is capable of flying upside-down if it weren't for the fact that the wings would shear off when trying to roll it over.

The trucking company Elvis Presley worked at as a young man was owned by Frank Sinatra.

The only golf course on the island of Tonga has 15 holes, and there's no penalty if a monkey steals your golf ball.

Legislation passed during WWI making it illegal to say "gesundheit" to a sneezer was never repealed.

Manatees possess vocal chords which give them the ability to speak like humans, but don't do so because they have no ears with which to hear the sound.

SCUBA divers cannot pass gas at depths of 33 feet or below.

Catfish are the only animals that naturally have an ODD number of whiskers.

Replying more than 100 times to the same piece of spam e-mail will overwhelm the sender's system and interfere with their ability to send any more spam.

Polar bears can eat as many as 86 penguins in a single sitting.

The first McDonald's restaurant opened for business in 1952 in Edinburgh, Scotland, and featured the McHaggis sandwich.

The Air Force's F-117 fighter uses aerodynamics discovered during research into how bumblebees fly.

You *can* get blood from a stone, but only if contains at least 17 percent bauxite.

Silly Putty was "discovered" as the residue left behind after the first latex condoms were produced. It's not widely publicized for obvious reasons.

Approximately one-sixth of your life is spent on Wednesdays.

The skin needed for elbow transplants must be taken from the scrotum of a cadaver.

The sport of jai alai originated from a game played by Incan priests who held cats by their tails and swung at leather balls. The cats would instinctively grab at the ball with their claws, thus enabling players to catch them.

A cat's purr has the same romance-enhancing frequency as the voice of singer Barry White.

The typewriter was invented by Hungarian immigrant Qwert Yuiop, who left his "signature" on the keyboard.

The volume of water that the Giant Sequoia tree consumes in a 24-hour period contains enough suspended minerals to pave 17.3 feet of a 4-lane concrete freeway.

King Henry VIII slept with a gigantic axe.

Because printed materials are being replaced by CD-ROM, microfiche and the Internet, libraries that previously sank into their foundations under the weight of their books are now in danger of collapsing in extremely high winds.

In 1843, a Parisian street mime got stuck in his imaginary box and consequently died of starvation.

Touch-tone telephone keypads were originally planned to have buttons for Police and Fire Departments, but they were replaced with * and # when the project was cancelled in favor of developing the 911 system.

Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of regular water.

Calvin, of the "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip, was patterned after President Calvin Coolidge, who had a pet tiger as a boy.

Watching an hour-long soap opera burns more calories than watching a three-hour baseball game.

Until 1978, Camel cigarettes contained minute particles of real camels.

God, T&M, that's a LOT of facts. I have a few.
It's impossible to lick your elbow.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

The average computer user blinks about 7 times a minute. (I'm pretty sure that one's true, but not positive)
Woah, the elbow thing is true. ;) I tried it but it but I couldn't reach it. Oh and 8 spiders a year? I thought it was way more than that, I heard like seven spiders a nigt! :) Hm, I'm sure I know lots of insect facts. :huh:

1. Around three-quarters of all animals are insects, and one in five animals is a beetle.

2. Daddy-long-legs aren't really spiders.

3. The group of animals centipedes and millipedes belong to is called myriapods.

4. Praying mantises eyes turn black at night and they never sleep.

5. Most bees live alone.

6. All spiders are poisonous, but only about 30 kinds of the thousands of different species are dangerous to humans.

7. Only female mosquitoes drink blood, the males eat plant juices.

8. The world's largest insecet was a walking stick that was about 12 inches long.

9. Aphids (little green bugs that live on plants) are ready to give birth the instant they are born.

10. Ladybugs taste horrible and use their bright colors to warn enemies like birds to keep away.

11. The fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, the fear of insects is called entophobia. That's because the study of insects is called entomology.

12. Ants have rather large brains for their size.

13. You can buy packages of ladybugs to put in your garden because they eat the plant-wrecking insects that live there. (Aphids.)

14. Praying mantises kept as pets are much tamer and calmer than wild mantises, they may even allow you to stroke their back.

15. If you touch a butterfly's wings, it likely won't be able to fly any more.

I can think of about a billion more but...I don't want to bore you to sleep. :D

The world's youngest mother was only 5 years old.

Shania Twain's real name is Eilleen Regina Edwards.

In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. (LOL random)

In 1843, a Parisian street mime got stuck in his imaginary box and consequently died of starvation.

King Henry VIII slept with a gigantic axe.

Every Labrador retriever dreams about bananas. (WTH?)

I got the last four off of a website 60 amazing but true facts.

# An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain

# Only 7 parts of the body have only 3 letters in them: Lip, Gum, Eye, Hip, Ear, Toe & Rib

# George Washington had wooden teeth

# If you put a candle in the freezer it will burn for longer

# Canberra is the capital city of Australia

# In High School Musical the snow falling after Zac and Vanessa sing Start Of Something New is actually potato flakes

The sentence in Bold is WRONG. Fish do not sleep because if they did then they'd get eaten by sharks.
actually, I do think that fish sleep, because I got up really early in the morning, and my fish weren't moving at all, and then later in the day, they were moving again.

Licking doornobs is illegal on other planets???

from spongebob, I don't know if it is a real fact...

Some more facts:

•Fergie's middle name is Ann

•My longest feud with a friend 2 years (Still going)

•My shortest feud with a friend 10 minutes (With Kerrybridget)

•Girls mature 2 years faster than boys

•Cascada's lead singer's name is Natalie Horler

•Compared to dogs and humans, cats have the best hearing

•I can't find my Cascada CD (LOL)

•The Adventures in Babysitting (Which is now being remade with Miley Cyrus and Raven in it) is the very first Disney movie to be rated PG 13.

•KerryBridget is related to a player on the NHL

•Most of the dust in your house is old skin

•Every day, 80 hairs fall out of your head, but luckily for girls, it grows back (which explains bald men)

:huh:

My facts:

- I like pie

- Most of the world is water

- It is proven chocolate lowers blood pressure in adults

•KerryBridget is related to a player on the NHL

WHO?

These were proven studies:

Chocolate imroves your memory

Candy adds a year to your life

-----------------------------------------

Canada beat Denmark 47-0 at the 1949 world hockey championships. (CANADIANS ARE THE BEST HOCKEY PLAYERS!! :huh: )

Hockey pucks were originally made from frozen cow dung. (Lol, I'm glad they don't now cuz I get whipped in the head with hockey pucks all the time)

Last edited by a moderator:
•KerryBridget is related to a player on the NHLWHO?

These were proven studies:

Chocolate imroves your memory

Candy adds a year to your life

-----------------------------------------

Canada beat Denmark 47-0 at the 1949 world hockey championships. (CANADIANS ARE THE BEST HOCKEY PLAYERS!! :huh: )

Hockey pucks were originally made from frozen cow dung. (Lol, I'm glad they don't now cuz I get whipped in the head with hockey pucks all the time)
Todd Fredrick(SP?)

He's on the Philly teams and was previously on Anahay (SP?) Mighty Ducks.

You say canadians are the best hockey players. The last time they won was in 1949??!!

lol. When you menstrate, you realese blood. LOL

# Koalas sleep for between 18 and 20 hours a day.

# Bill Bryson was born in Iowa, USA.

# Mariah Carey was a girl guide!

# Ayers Rock's traditional name is Uluru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back