Problem with battery life on Tamagotchi P's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derekq

Reaction score
Hi,tamafans.

Sorry if I am always the 'troublemaker' on tamatalk.

I just have another trouble here: I always run out of battery.

When I first got the tama, batteries that came with it ran for 21 days till low battery is shown, when I used my own batteries, it ran for less than a week, 4-5 days when battery low is shown.

Is this normal, I mean even when 21 days?

How long do you guy's Tamagotchi P's or any color (colour) tama (for ex. id l , id, plus color,etc.) last when lowest brightness also highest brightness is set? Months, weeks, years?

I tried different brands, Maxell most and sometimes Toshiba, they all don't last long, however, the Toshiba one lasted about 6 days 12 hours.

I am going to run out of money trying to buy batteries every time, help?

Edit: I will try rechargeable battery 1.2V it told me to use 1.5V, but I only have 1.2V is there any risk of damaging the tama?

The voltage is enough to power on and turn on sound too. It is an 900 mAh battery

Last edited by a moderator:
My TMGC+C's has ran out of battery 2 times in 1 one month (Just after my girl child evolves to chamametchi, it's such a weird coincidence...), so I would say mines lasts about 12 days, what is not reallt good either -_-

Just buy a pack of batteries, I would say is cheaper and you don't have to bother going to the supermarket to buy more when you ran out of them :angry:

I bought a pack of 8 pairs for around 3€, and they should last about 3 months, so 1€ per month is not too much xD

(I wish their batteries lasted as much as connection ones, I hate having to change the batteries because I always loose like 3 hours of growth :( )

My TMGC+C's has ran out of battery 2 times in 1 one month (Just after my girl child evolves to chamametchi, it's such a weird coincidence...), so I would say mines lasts about 12 days, what is not reallt good either -_-

Just buy a pack of batteries, I would say is cheaper and you don't have to bother going to the supermarket to buy more when you ran out of them :angry:

I bought a pack of 8 pairs for around 3€, and they should last about 3 months, so 1€ per month is not too much xD

(I wish their batteries lasted as much as connection ones, I hate having to change the batteries because I always loose like 3 hours of growth :( )
Try buying something at tamadepa or tamamori, that saves the progress.

Based on experience, 2 alkaline batteries last for a month/4 weeks for +C/iD and iD L.

For some reason, it's shorter on the P's... I would get that battery screen after 3 weeks and is no longer usable; but when I transfer the said batteries to the iD/iD L, they were able to power the device for a week. :eek:

Usually I have my brightness set middle and sounds turned off.

The manual suggests using only alkaline batteries. The battery life may differ and affect the performance of the device if a different type is used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on experience, 2 alkaline batteries last for a month/4 weeks for +C/iD and iD L.

For some reason, it's shorter on the P's... I would get that battery screen after 3 weeks and is no longer usable; but when I transfer the said batteries to the iD/iD L, they were able to power the device for a week. :eek:

Usually I have my brightness set middle and sounds turned off.

The manual suggests using only alkaline batteries. The battery life may differ and affect the performance of the device if a different type is used.
Thanks for coming, It is greatly appreciated, then maybe it is a battery glitch for the p`s after all, you did mention it on tama-zone.

I use Duracell Ultra Power batteries in my P's and I find mine lasts about 5 weeks maybe even 6 o.o put it this way I bought 2 packs of 8 in May and I've only used 4 of the batteries and have 2 of them in now so that's 6 batteries used since May and I have the screen on medium contrast with the sound on while they are babies/toddlers/teens and off when they are adults

I've been using various cheaper battery's in my ID L. You can buy big packs of them in pound stores or dollar stores depending on your country. Although they don't last long (a few weeks at a push), they're only £1 and you get loads so it's not too expensive.

You could also try big brands, such as Duracell and other long life battery's. I'd recommend experimenting to find what battery is better suited and last the longest.

Cheap batteries are often bad and don't last long. Try getting better quality batteries

I always have my P's on lowest screen brightness and battieries last 3 weeks. Try having the brightness as low as possible to save battery.

Or it could be a glitch. My V4.5 has the battery-draining glitch and afterwards, the battery won't work in other Tamagotchis either. I don't think there's a way to fix it when a Tamagotchi drains batteries for no apparent reason.

My boyfriend's iD L ran out of battery today, and he is just in his second generation... And his charcter is not even an adult yet, he must have bought really bad batteries or this thing sucks a lot of batteris... .__.

The batteries in my color versions usually last about a month on average. I only use Duracells. I don't have a Ps, so can't compare with the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back