Prom

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripcurl

Reaction score
So I know not many of you are in high school yet, but I think some middle schools do something like prom every year.

Well, at my high school, the junior class is the one that organizes prom. It's always really big and extravagant and a lot of fun. Last year was a middle eastern theme. It was at this really fancy hotel and they even had belly dancers come and preform! This year's theme is a marti-graw from around the world kinda thing.

So what kinds of things does your school do? Are any of you planning on going to a prom this year?

Proms/ dances at my school kinda suck, it's really cramped bc there's a lot of kids at my school, so there's basically this 'big amoeba of grinding' as a friend once described it, and you're so packed in you can barely move. XP i don't like dancing anyway, so me and my friends are planning to do something else when the next dance comes up, which is next saturday. I do go to a few dances, this year i went to the Band Ball which was at a fancy hotel and all the kids in the band were allowed to go, and we all got dinner and then danced, but i still managed to have fun although i didn't dance at all, lol.

No prom for me yet. I'm a sophomore and I don't have an upperclassman boyfriend.

We have dances and stuff, but I normally don't go. I might do junior prom next year though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
No prom for us eighth graders, but we have two dances. xD One for the sixth and seventh graders on Valentine's Day. Or really it's on Friday. And then weee have a special dance for only grade eight's. Oh, we're special right? xD I'm thinking I'm gonna go, but its at the end of the year so I've got me some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
No proms for me, seeing as I'm only in Jr. High.

We do have monthly, themed dances, though. But no "dates", or fancy clothes. Which I go to because you get to leave the house and dance for 2 and a half hours and I've got nothing better to do. They're from 6PM to 9:30PM, which is kind of epic.

Speaking of dances, the Valentines dance is tomorrow. No dates, though. But the theme is "Red and Pink clothes"

But I'm not dressing in red or pink.

Noope, not prom for me yet. But I'm graduating from middle/elementary school so we have Graduation.

Basically we wear dresses and tuxes, we go to a banquet hall, and have a dance, award ceremonies, and usually the next day we go to someone's house and swim/have an afterparty.

I'm really excited n_n

Ahah, we have a dance on friday, for Valentines day. It's really not that formal or anything, and it's just during school time : P

The only actually really planned big dance is the grade 7 graduation dance : ) Im kinda really looking forward to it : )

No prom for me yet. I'm a sophomore and I don't have an upperclassman boyfriend.
We have dances and stuff, but I normally don't go. I might do junior prom next year though. :ph34r:
Same here, except for I am a freshman. The only dance we have is homecoming.

I wanted to go to Semi

But i didn't have a date

-Cry Agony, Cry Agony-

Here, prom is usually just for the graduating class, but it's not arranged by the school, it's organized by the students at a hall or something. It's basically the graduation party. You only go if you're graduating or invited.

We have plenty of dances through the year, and a formal, but they're not that great. I go anyways.

I guess formal is the prom equivalent.. ish?

Ya im in middle school too i went to a dance the first semester at school and all the songs we listened too were from 106.1 it was pretty good but now i live somewhere else and there is only 60 people in every grade becuz its such a small school but i will have to see what its like before i judge if its bad or not!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back