PSA from a 19 year old ex frequenter

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elfquest3

Reaction score
Well here we are again.

A website that used to be my safe heaven.

Am I embarassed about what I did 8 years ago to get myself red-flagged? Yes. Absolutely. Now that I've gone back and read through those messages again, I can see that I was out of line. But I was 10 years old, and not particularly mature for my age.

And here I am again. I'm not in elementary school anymore, I'm in college. The course of my life has veered in all sorts of odd directions. But this website used to be my only escape from the world. The friends I made on Tamatalk lasted for as long as I needed them, and I'm very grateful for that.

Now I look at my embarassingly cliche avatar and my "needs approval from a moderator" warning, and I yearn for the simple days. *sentence removed - site rules*

I guess that last paragraph may be seen as inappropriate for this site. But really, my only intention is to reach out to you youngens who still love this website, and still find satisfaction in taking care of little virtual pets. Enjoy this time in your life, live it to your full potential. Because this is your time to really be carefree and happy. Love your parents, love your friends, love your tamagotchis, and love yourself.

-elfquest3, Bria

Last edited by a moderator:
While I haven't been on here as long as you, I also joined when I was 10 and made some mistakes of my own. I remember somewhat spamming and trying to pick fights in TamaChat, and getting really offended when one person called me a noob. But hey, six years later and I'm here much more mature and kind than I was then. Though I'm pretty sure anyone that remembers me back then is probably gone now, except for a few. We all change, just put the past behind ya. Anyone who can't move on from what you did when you were 10 need some help.

I'm bad with words but whatever. :p

Thanks for that :) I'm kinda afraid of growing up because I might not have as much time to play with Tamagotchis... I'll enjoy this stage of my life while I can.

I've been on here for a long time now, so I can relate to this very much. As with pokemonboy, I do regret most of my early days - I went from bullied to bully. It really did suck, and I only really got full closure a few years ago. I'm probably not the nicest person, and I think I'm kinda blunt at times but I'm happier with myself than I was before.

And welcome back! We're all very happy to have you return (^:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was extremely dumb on here as a kid. =.= Eight years later, I laugh at how silly I was!

It's actually really interesting to see people grow up on here, we were all immature kids. :')

It's good that you've learned from this and moved forward. ♥ I hope you have fun~

Welcome back? Another psa, signature needs to be 8 lines or less in a regular size font, please. Its torture for phones and small tablets. o0o;

You remind me of the first forum I joined. 2 years ago, I joined the forum "Bronies Australia". I was a total twelvie and super out of line, posting stupid messages and totally disregarding forum rules as well as acting waaay above my status. Once I saw how much on there hated me, I had a hissy fit and left. I actually really wanted to get back on there quite recently, so I made an honest apology on my introduction thread and continued to make new posts and get back into a little bit. I think one of the main reasons why no one liked me on there was that I had no practice on a forum and generally treated it like a chat room. I eventually slid back off the radar; the forum just didn't really interest me. I look back on my old posts and want to vomit half the time. I even won an award for worst post at the end of that year. I should really get back on there - with all my forum practice I think I could actually end up as a valuable member. You should try hanging out on here too - even if you have no interest in this kinda stuff anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back