pulled teeth

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamalovr67

Reaction score
OK, so, On the 13th I have to get 4 teeth pulled. Then I get braces on the 19th. One day before starting middle school!

The orthodontist said I have a small mouth so I have to get 1 molers pulled on each side!

But, he gave me a choice, he said I could not get them pulled out then I would have straight teeth but they would stick out. So I am like no.

Have any of you tamatalkers gotten your teeth pulled?

Or any advice? :rolleyes: :huh: :eek:

P.S. They are permenant!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wisdom tooth had to come out because it was giving me a lot of pain due to pushing in my mouth and a cavity (my first one) the process getting it out was quicker than you think it is initially. There was some discomfort with numbing my mouth because of a needle, but not much. After that it didn't bother me at all and I didn't even need painkillers afterward once the numbness wore off.

The last time I got my teeth pulled was 6 years ago in 4th grade. They put me to sleep though.

I got my teeth pulled out in 7th grade. It was a few though. It hurts a bit if your mouth isn't completely numb. But you won't feel a thing. Good luck and have fun with your new braces :rolleyes:

Don't worry. It'll be ok.

I remember I had to get my 2 front teeth pulled when I was little. x3

My mom took me to the dentist... they were playing games with me!!

They make me wait 3 hours.. then take me in and take x-rays and take me out..

and then I had to wait longer.. so my mom got impatient and we left and she pulled them out herself. x3

I must be the teeth pulling expert. Total , I had 9 teeth pulled. 4, 1 and then 4 more. Yus I do have braces now

The awkward part is the shots, just to numb your mouth. You feel a little weird after that. Wash you mouth with warm saltwater, you dentist will probably tell you. It does not bleed alot, just at first.

And dont worry about braces, they are fine ;] You get so used to them you cant even tell they are there.

Good Luck!

I must be the teeth pulling expert. Total , I had 9 teeth pulled. 4, 1 and then 4 more. Yus I do have braces now
The awkward part is the shots, just to numb your mouth. You feel a little weird after that. Wash you mouth with warm saltwater, you dentist will probably tell you. It does not bleed alot, just at first.

And dont worry about braces, they are fine ;] You get so used to them you cant even tell they are there.

Good Luck!
Luckily, they never numbed my mouth. They said it couldn't be numbed, so they just used this HORRIBLE goofy gas crap on me and I fell asleep....

Luckily, they never numbed my mouth. They said it couldn't be numbed, so they just used this HORRIBLE goofy gas crap on me and I fell asleep....
Wow. Just to get teeth pulled? Thats weird.

I had to get 8 shots when I got 4 teeth pulled D=

I've gotten a tooth pulled before. I had a horrible experience, but that should happen to you. What the dentists did was get confused about which tooth they were pulling. They numbed the wrong side of my mouth, then tried to pull out the tooth next to the one they were supposed to pull. They finally got the right one but it hurt a ton because they never numbed the tooth they actually ended up pulling. I'm going to have my wisdom teeth pulled once they come in, too.

Don't worry about it! After it's pulled, the tooth doesn't hurt that much. If you take some advil or pain killers you should be fine. Braces also aren't that bad. My teeth were sore for a day or two after getting them, but then they were fine. After a week or so you get completely used to them. There are times where I even forget I have them.

That's alright. I had the same thing happen to me when I was 4 years old.

It's completely painless. It'll sting a little once the numb stuff wears off, but it's really not that bad.

I'm sure you already know not to drink out of straws for a week or two and to eat softer foods for a while.

The braces will hurt a lot more than the tooth pulling, lol. I'm glad I just got mine off last year. It's only for about a week, though.

Altho, my teeth grew back, but if it's to make room for your mouth, it'll fill in the gaps on it's own. If they have to, they'll probably put a bridge in. A bridge is an artificial tooth that goes over the gums to take up the gap. I almost had to get one, but my teeth started to grow in last minute. My aunt Jan has one, and she looks normal.

It's nothing to worry about. I'll be a little strange (and maybe a little bloody, but nothing huge), but you'll forget all about it in no time. Plus, you'll have a nice story to tell your kids in the future if they ever have to get a tooth pulled. :)

lol. My lil' sis had to get 8 caps when she was 5 and they put her to sleep. She seemed so pround of them, too! XD

(she's 10 now, and all the capped teeth have fallen out.)

I have gotten two teeth pulled out.

Well, I don't know what it feels like to get molars pulled out, but it has got to hurt WAY more than the other teeth. The first time I got my teeth pulled out, I just thought of a happy thought. So maybe think of the happiest day of your life...I dont know you decide. They give you this numb stuff, and your lips will have completely no feelings, it may puff up your lips but it goes away in a few hours. You may hear a weird CRACK noise when they pull it out, but it only lasts for a few seconds. It may still hurt after they pull it out, but the pain goes away. Also they will stick some gauze in your mouth to soak up the blood and you'll have to keep it in there for a while. It's a little gross but it's really no big deal.

Well good luck, hope I helped!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got four teeth pulled out in one day it will be ok the numbing part is what scared me because they stuck a needle in my mouth and I'm terrified of needles.

Be happy >-o I would LOVE to have my teeth pulled put about now. Seeing as I need 2 root canals.

But don't worry about school. Most people could care less if you have braces were I go to school, and I'm in Middle. It shouldn't be much different unless you go to school with the rich snobs.

It's completely painless. It'll sting a little once the numb stuff wears off, but it's really not that bad.
0.0 I thought it was really painful

The needles really hurt my mouthn (I had 6 pulled, supposed to be 8, but 2 fell out ^^), then my mouth bled for the rest of the night. I couldn't even talk because my mouth was so sore and numbed, if I poked my lip, I couldn't feel it, it was a little cool though ..

I couldn't eat like any hard foods for a long time 'cause it hurt my teeth too much.

I hope I just had a bad experience and it goes great for you, sorry to worry you or anything ^^

Well, I've never had a tooth pulled before, but I'm sure you'll be fine. They numb your mouth so you won't feel anything! And braces aren't that bad either. I wouldn't know since I never had them (although eventually I'll have to get them) but you'll get used to them. I have friends that have braces, and they were in a lot of pain when they first got them, but now they got used to them.

Pshh. Lots. I've gotten, like, almost eight teeth pulled? Eight or ten. I'm not too sure. All I know is that I looked like a jack o' lantern for months. xD

Don't worry, the dentists put you to sleep. They give you laughing gas or something. I didn't fall asleep though, so I felt the whole procedure. All the *cough* eight or ten *cough* teeth that got pulled out. Felt. It. All.

For me, it didn't really hurt, except for a few little pings on your gums. Just relax and let the dentist take over. Trust me, he/she knows what they're doing, otherwise your parents wouldn't have put you there.

the only part that i am scared of is the needles that numb your mouth. You see I have a HUMONGOUS fear of needles. I have been thinking about it over a month now. Are there any ways that I can relax?

I had to get lots of teeth pulled for my braces a little over a year ago. It kinda feels like they're painting your gums when they're numbing them, (it scared me when I found out what they were really doing ><) but I didn't feel a thing. I'm sitting there with my mouth open going "Ok, you can start now." and then 3 seconds later they gave me the teeth they pulled out. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back