Pushiment or Child absuse?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is rthis child abuse or punshiment

• Punshiment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Child abuse

• other

• netheir

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura3200

Reaction score
Ok let my start, when I was little I would get spaekens and my Dad would get the swich (a long thin wooden pool) and spake me sooooo hard I would cry and scream, I cryed so hard I could barley breathe, I always thought of it as just punshiment but what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, those are some of the stages of child abuse. In Australia, spanking is considered child abuse. And being hit by a long wooden thing? Jeez, now that is mean.

In my opinion:
Spanking = punishment.

Beating = abuse.

If you did something to deserve to be spanked, it was punishment.
That's true, but there is a threshold of pain a parent would respect if it was just a punishment. Now the story could be exaggerated so I could be wrong on this but by how upset you seemed getting spanked and the fact they used a wooden paddle kind of bothers me. I can't flat out say its abuse though because in places in the world this is the standard. So I'll just say it bothers me a bit.

all fisical contact that u dont like wether its sexual abuse or child abuse if u dont like it then its child abuse he could just have a talk with u and tell u never to do it again.

spanking is 1 f the most common child abuse these days along with, smaking,burning with boiling hot water.

-xb

To me, those are some of the stages of child abuse. In Australia, spanking is considered child abuse. And being hit by a long wooden thing? Jeez, now that is mean.
What part of Australia are you from? Smacking has been acceptable form of discipline for a long, long time and occurs in countless homes (althoug this seems to decreasing over time). This however, doesn't equate to child abuse or the makings of it. There have been many generations brought up this way and by comparison, children of the past were far better behaved and much more respectful than those of today who barely get a verbally disciplined.

Someone is feeding kids this idea that if they are smacked they are being abused and therefore have the right to invoke the protection of child services. Talk about blowing thing completely out of proportion!

I personally am not into discpiline in the physical sense however, I don't condemn parents who choose this avenue. Besides, now they are saying that even calling your child naughty will scar them for life. There is a whole big push to treat children like precious little bubbles... but guess what.. life is not a cute little bubble. There is failure and punishment and just plain bad people. How do they cope when they've been protect their whole lives?

Anyway, back on point... smacking is not child abuse. There is a difference between getting smacked and having the living daylights beaten out of you. Most of you guys wouldn't have a clue what that really is about. One bruise is different to not being able to sit down because your backside is swollen black and blue. One strap is different to not being able to grip a pencil for a week. Kids who get abused don't stand up and say "hey stop beating me to bits" because they are too busy fearing for their lives.

As for "I cryed so hard I could barley breathe".. nah matey. I used to cry so hard I'd go blue when I was a baby. Crying is what stops you from breathing properly, not being spanked. I apologise if I've come across in an clinical manner but honestly this is just a manifestation of the problems in society's thinking as opposed to genuine social problems. The social problems do exist but you can't apply a one size fits all approach. I do karate and I spar with children.. does that mean that I participate in child abuse too? The logic is lacking.

mine would be other

i mean child abouse isent good! not at all!

but Pushiment..i mean if i child waz bing bad and the parent had to ground him/her

i mean ....... u no !

*nods in agreement to SK and bellsrpout*

i got noth'n else to add

I have to thank you so much Bell Sprout for stating that. Sometimes I think that over the years some children have grown overly sensitive, and disrespectful; Which probably isn't far fro mthe truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back