Question About Packaging!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybirds

Reaction score
Hey there! I had a question I wanted to ask: Do you like the packaging for the newer Tamas or the old ones?

Here's what I mean ...The older Tamas had boxes they came in and the Japanese ones had a card that slides in the plastic. So once you were done playing with them you could put them back in the wrapper to display, sell, collect etc.

The newer versions have that molded plastic... to get the Tama out to play with you mangle it and then you can't put it back in to collect etc. Well you could , but it doesn't look that great.

I collect them all, but I do play with them... then I want to put them back in their packages for my collection. The newer packages do display them nicely if you don't take them out!!! As with many people collecting them you want to keep "ALL THE PACKAGING!!!"

I'm just curious to know what you guys think! :blink:

well It's for one good reason... Tamagotchi have gotten more popular and every one wants to get one,

So Here comes a shoplifter... He tries to open one It takes him longer to open it. The manager sees this dude on the servalance system (A.k.a The black bubble.... Beware IT'S WATCHING YOU!)), He gets caught and the Tamagotchi is safe ^^

I just got my V 4.5 yesterday and they added a curve to the middle of the package... O>O Holy Guacamole Bars!!! I nearly cut my wrist off! o.o <_<

Take for example The trading card isle... They put it near the cash registers, They add extra camras, Yet it 99.9% of the time it looks like a Atomic BOMB hit it! o.o So i was going through tring to put back some of the stuff in the correct place, Where I get to the bottom of the pile and there is a whole bunch of trading card packages, opened, and All the "crappy" cards are left back there all over the place wile some shop-lifter took all the good cards. o.o Such a sad world we have come to...

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, I like the new packaging because, well, I don't know. I just think it looks better. I don't keep the packaging, I throw it out after I open my Tamagotchi, I just think the newer packaging looks better.

I like the older packaging better, from the P1 and P2 to be more specific. I know that the society we live in today could not allow easy-to open boxes like that, but I think they still look better. The newer packages are SUCH a hassle to open, plus you can;t put them back in the box like you said. That bothers me because I collect them, and the packaging is important to me!

One. They're hard to open.

Two. They seem to have an issue with being cut open! Seriously I had to hack with a pair of sizzors.

Three. Old versions you could use it as a storage device for your Tama, like a 'bed' or somethinig.

I do understand the anti-theft packaging but it's still like ZOMG trying to even open the thing with sissors.

One. They're hard to open.Two. They seem to have an issue with being cut open! Seriously I had to hack with a pair of sizzors.

Three. Old versions you could use it as a storage device for your Tama, like a 'bed' or somethinig.

I do understand the anti-theft packaging but it's still like ZOMG trying to even open the thing with sissors.
o.o I nearly killed my self opening it XP And i like to keep the packaging too ^^ Pwetty colors o.o ;)

So probably years from now when people are looking for these versions not too many will have packages unless they find ones that where never opened.

I do agree that they look really nice in these newer packages, but as many have said you really can hurt yourself trying to get them opened!!! There's gotta be a better way to make them look great and easy to open and keep the package intact!!! ;)

I like the P1 and P2 packaging better, but since I don't actualy 'collect' tamas for possible sale in years to come it's not that big of a deal to me [besides the hassle to open them!].

Yes - the collectors who keep their tamas unopened want to make sure the tama keeps it's value - so that if they want, in the future they can sell them for more.

Recently, I just started buying two - one to play with and one to keep in it's pack... (actually that didn't work for the V4 - cos I ended up opening and playing with both lol)

I think the old packaging is better cause you can put your tama back in it.

:blink:

I think the new packaging because when i got v4, It had a cute litle character chart behind it.But it was such a mess trying to open it and I also like the little thing it came with I think it's a bed or just to hold the tama. -Memetchi_luva :D

I don`t like the new packaging for several reasons.

1. It`s a pain in the hindquarters to open.*i have to use my atame as to the fact that it`s the sharpest dagger i own... and i can cut around the bubble to cut it free*

2. It`s a major over use of plastic and the like *the packaging for the ura makes us U.S. people look like wasters and it was still a bit difficult to open!(the ura i mean)*

3. They don`t use recycled material. I haven`t once seen the little recycled symbol on any tamas i`ve boguht! and it`s really quite sad...They use all new materials and a great number of peopl don`t recycle to start with...if they used recycled material that preety packaging could at least have been on it`s second use!

3. Like everyone else said they don`t look good once opened! Then you cant use them after it`s been opened!

My Conclusion.

If they would at least make the cardboard thing with recycled materials *paper,cardboard,et.c,*

And make the preety packages a bit smaller ,they can show all of the features in a spiffy way without all that space.

Make the opening the packageing a bit of a challenge but not dangerous! Plastic can cut... depending on the way you did it...and what if a little kid opens a christmas present early and hurts themselves with the scissors,knife they get out of the kitchen cubbord trying to open it? Giving a 3 year old a puzzle is harmless... and the worst you can get with a confusing packaging backing is messing it up a little!

So Yeah Saftey and the enviroment first :D

Tama Mum said she buys 2 one to collect and one to play with, but then opens the other also! That is sooo me!!!!I wouldn't be able to let it sit there. I collect big time, but as I said I play with all of them. :D :eek:

i think the new packaging is a safe gaurd for collectors....for me when i go on ebay and see new i better be getting a new, never opened tama. i think the new packaging is better at making sure this happens.

[SIZE=8pt]I don't like the packaging too much, because when I got my v4.5 I had to cut the plastic, but the only good place to cut it was through the middle, and I cut right through the instructions! o_O :( [/SIZE]

Well, when I recieved the PC pack, I had so much trouble opening it...

Also, Bandai shouldn't hide their instructions in between the 2 peices of cardboard.

Well, when I recieved the PC pack, I had so much trouble opening it...
Also, Bandai shouldn't hide their instructions in between the 2 peices of cardboard.
I think the packaging and instruction placing are as they are mainly so noone can go take them out of the packaging before paying for them. Many companies go a little seal crazy these days, but it's ofr our own quality and security. That's what I think anyway.

Actually I got my V4.5's out of their packaging without destroying it. In fact it's on my Tama Wall and it looks like the box has been untouched, but it has.

C~M

I don't think they should put the instructions between the two pieces of cardboard because people are likely to cut through them! I remember the version 1, the instructions were directly behind the Tamagotchi and easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back