Removing a screw with no head...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchoolTama

Reaction score
So I recently bought a Devilgotchi from a friend for $70. She had already told me it had this problem before I bought it so I was well aware of what I would be getting. Anyway, we all know that Devilgotchis usually have the problem of soft screws. When she had it, it got so bad that she eventually had the head of the screw drilled off...there is still a little piece of the shaft of the screw sticking up above the screw hole. The battery cover is intact and could just simply slide through the screw with no head (the other screw works perfectly) to replace the batteries. The one screw that works holds the battery cover firmly in place, thankfully. The stuck screw doesn't bother me way too much because the Tamagotchi itself is great and everything works fine, but when I do eventually want to get that screw out, how should I do it? Anyone have any firsthand experience with this? Thanks!

That sounds like it could be a problem when you want to remove the battery.

How tightly is the screw shaft stuck in there?

If it's relatively loose, you might be able to use some kind of tool to twist the screw loose.

No, it's not a problem removing the battery. Like I said, the first screw is fine, the second screw's head was drilled off, so it would not get in the way of removing the battery cover. Therefore, I can remove the battery cover when replacing the battery because after unscrewing the first screw normally, I can just lift the battery cover right off of the broken screw's shaft because the head isn't there. Technically, there isn't really a big problem, it's just that I want to get that broken screw shaft out of there and replace it with a new one.

Ah, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought maybe it was still somehow holding the battery cover closed. XD

Well, the same advice still applies. You'll have to use some kind of tool or -something- to grip the screw shaft so you can twist it loose. After that, you can just pull it free.

The ease of doing so will depend on how tight it is in there. Just be gentle with it and make sure the tool (if you're using one) doesn't slip.

Try using a small pair of needle nose pliers to remove it when you have the battery cover off. Turn screw shaft to the left(counter clockwise) VERY gently, and it should come out easily.If you can get eyeglass screws ( steel ones), I'd replace them.

Yup, I very well plan on replacing that screw for sure once I manage to get it out! I hope I do. I am running my Devil right now, but next chance I get, I'll hunt around for those needle nose pliers. Thanks for your suggestion, magicboa! :lol: You too, MintyDreams7!

You're very welcome. This worked for me in the past. Let us know how it goes when you do it.
Will do! Still running my Devil at the moment, but I'll be searching for those pliers in the meantime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back