Removing Soundboard...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Zunky~

Reaction score
Okay quick summary...My boyfreind has two tamagotchis. a V3 and a V4...the V4 is compleatly ruined.*interior compionets. not shell* The shell of his V3 through is in bad condition but works great. I was going to put the innards of the V3 in the V4 to make it look better and operate nicely *basicaly giving the V3 a makeover* but i don`t know how to take out the soundboard without damaging it and making the sound unable to work...any help?

The wires arn`t attached to the soundboard in the V4 and i donno if it works :mellow: "" otherwise i`d just sotter the wires from the V3 soundboard*after i`d remove them* onto the V4`s sound board thing

The soundboard is the little round circle on the inside of the back peice of the tamagotchi. *NOT the battary*

last time i opened a tamagotchi v4, and other ealier versions the soundboard is like glued or melted to the back plate. check if its glued, if it use, use a glue remover carefuly perhaps? I know nothing about sottering, so if my glue idea doesn't worlk you'd have better luck trusting yourself.

but try whatever your doing on the v4s inards first, since it is already broken.

last time i opened a tamagotchi v4, and other ealier versions the soundboard is like glued or melted to the back plate. check if its glued, if it use, use a glue remover carefuly perhaps? I know nothing about sottering, so if my glue idea doesn't worlk you'd have better luck trusting yourself.
but try whatever your doing on the v4s inards first, since it is already broken.
yeah... it`s glued...I COULD always ask my dad for help..but he seems to always be busy :D " I KNOWS! When break is over i`ll ask my tech and mech teacher for suggestions ^___^

I don't think it's possible to take it out without having no sound on the new tama, see, the wires are glued too the shell.

Last edited by a moderator:
.__. well i sent Josh a message requesting to him if i could changed the shell and that there was a 75% chance that he`d loose the sound... *holds up sottering tool* soon as i get my dad to show me how to use it i`ll try sottering the wires to the two little peices of sotter on the soundboard thing... it SHOULD work...

Any Veterans of this teqhniqe out there?

Okay Josh gave me the okay to switch through PM on Gaia... *even with the aknowledged risk of soundloss*

So I switched them...The sound dosen`t work but i can always wait for my dad to comehome and I`ll ask him if i can use bhis sottering gun...if not i can take it to my tech/mech teacher and have him help me after school sometime.

yeah... it`s glued...I COULD always ask my dad for help..but he seems to always be busy :) " I KNOWS! When break is over i`ll ask my tech and mech teacher for suggestions ^___^

Nope the whole thing ain't glued just the outside get i small screw driver but not to small you need a flat head there should be a bit where you can lift it be very careful go very slowly lifting it once you got it a bit then use your finger to pull it if i was you i would test it one the v4 dont worry if its a bit bent it will work i've done it 5 times change the stuff and plop the sound thingy back in close it up and you got it\........

PS i was just reading it maybe you should of waited a bit more and not break the sound?

PSS: Dear ~TamaBloom12~

the wires are not Glued to the shell just the round sound thingy

heh... :( " i kinda tried that first...it diddn`t exactly work very well *as in bandai had to use something like SUPERGLUE to glue it in T___T * but yeah..a sottering iron will prolly work...

But thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back