Removing Whiteout

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeg

Reaction score
I just won this Digimon off ebay and it's covered in whiteout. I've just won it so I don't have it in my possession yet but I was wondering how the heck do I remove the whiteout? I'm guessing maybe some of my enamel thinner I use when I paint my models would take it off. If I remember right the Digimon didn't have any painted on designs on them that I'd have to worry about right?

get a VERY lightly wet towl and dab it all over it then scratch it of, or just scratch it of

haha i saw that one!

i sure scratching it off would work........but it would probably be tedious work.

I've heard that WD-40, Goo-Gone, or acetone might be helpful in removing whiteout from plastic. Just make sure you test the substance on an unnoticeable part of the toy to see what it does first.

It's possible you get some rubbing alcohol and rub the stuff off, but like OldSchoolTama said, test it on a place first.

oh yeah forgot to say, great buy! also i will sell a purple, clear one that looks the same as that one (around christmas!

Thanks. I came across it with 5 minutes left and only .99 cents and was like, "Hell yah your mine" I hardly ever win anything on eBay and usually go for Buy it Nows so I'm pretty happy. Chances are I'm going to disassemble the toy and take the electronics out while I try to get the plastic cleaned. That way I won't have to worry about messing anything up. I have electronic skills so I'm not too worried about messing up the circuit board.

I know this is offtopic but is there a way to tell what version this one is? I know there are only certain designs for P1 and P2 Tamas which helps identify them but what about Digis?

My guess would be a G1, because that was the only generation released in America.

Haha that would make sense. For some reason I was thinking there were multiple versions of the original released in the U.S.

From the egg you can tell that it's a V1 Digimon. :lol:

The baby will be Botamon. In-Training will be Koromon.

Rookies will be Agumon and Betamon.

etc.

Nice catch! I saw that a few days ago but forgot about buying it.... hahaha.

I would use a wet wipe of some sort... Then it should come off fairly easily. Otherwise get like a Q-tip and wet it a tiny bit and put it where the white out is.

Well I've hit an road block. I didn't expect the digimon to have screws holding the board down and when I took the board off the screen came off and I can't get it realigned. Any suggestions?

EDIT Never mind. I just fixed it after I posted. I had to completly remove the rubber connecters and put them back on again for it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back