Retainers

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry. I got braces. Thats probably worse than retainers. 2 years with braces, Then I get my retainer. I honestly wouldent worry about it. Good luck with them!

Are they called "twin blocks"?

I have them. They are a real pain, but after awhile you will hardly notice you're wearing them! People at school will notice at first, but soon they won't even hear the difference in your speaking.

I'm finally gettting rid of my retainers in May and then getting braces.

Good luck! If you need to talk to anybody, please PM me.

The only thing you need to worry about is losing them. They cost a lot to replace them.

Whe nyou get used to them, you won't even know they're there.

I had a retainer before. You talk funny for a half hour... I was trying to sing the ABC's and a went ah,bhsss,ced,deth...(a,b,c,d)

but thier not that bad!

How long do you have to wear your retainer for (Like, how long do you have to wear it during the daytime) after you get your braces off? I've heard some people say 'Oh, two months', but then a lot of people say a year.

I had a retainer before. You talk funny for a half hour... I was trying to sing the ABC's and a went ah,bhsss,ced,deth...(a,b,c,d)but thier not that bad!
Same. When I got my braces on, I had trouble closing my mouth to talk because "Something was there" I wasnt used to being there. Now I can barely tell my braces are there. I got so used to them

im wearing retainers right now. there not that bad but it feels wired in your mouth. just make sure you wear them because then when you go to put them in a week later they will hurt real bad(if u dont wear them for a week) i had braces for 2 years now i have to wear retainers for 3 years. there not that bad dont worry. :furawatchi:

im wearing retainers right now. there not that bad but it feels wired in your mouth. just make sure you wear them because then when you go to put them in a week later they will hurt real bad(if u dont wear them for a week) i had braces for 2 years now i have to wear retainers for 3 years. there not that bad dont worry. :furawatchi:
Do you have to wear them at night or during the day?

Because my retainers are to help my over-bite (yay! my over-bite is gone now!) and I'm getting tehm off in May to get braces. I have to wear mine during the day and at night...except for eating and sports.

Oh, that reminds me! I better go and put them in now. x_x

Retainers aren't too bad. What's nice about them is you can take them out as you please.

I would take mine out if I knew I was going to be talking a lot. You get used to it after a while. They're like glasses in a sense. You forget you're wearing it.

Do you have to wear them at night or during the day?Because my retainers are to help my over-bite (yay! my over-bite is gone now!) and I'm getting tehm off in May to get braces. I have to wear mine during the day and at night...except for eating and sports.

Oh, that reminds me! I better go and put them in now. x_x

yes i have to wear them 24/7 except sports and eating but in one year it will be only daytime i have to wear them then the year after that only night time. my first year is almost up. im going to check to see if i can wear them only during the day on april 18. i hope i can :huh:

I don't know if they hurt. I've never had braces. But I have adult buck teeth. And they stick out. :) :) So I will have to get braces. Everyone in my family had braces. :D But does braces hurt when they put them in? I wanna know. Because I'm getting them. And I'm curious. :kusatchi:

P.S. Vist my fish bubbles. The web adress is in my siggy :furawatchi: . Please vist him. I don't wanna lose him! I LUV that fish!

I LOVE MEMEITCHI!!!!!!! :hitodetchi: :mimitchi: :ph34r: :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back