Return to Tama log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! Oh! Also, the other night around 9pm, the M!x started beeping for no reason. The screen lit up, and my tama was having a nightmare! There were black clouds at the top and bottom of the screen and it was walking through a house slowly filling with tamagotchi ghosts!! I didn't know that could happen! I couldn't do anything for it, but it was neat to watch.
Ok, that is a seriously awesome feature. I've never even heard of that being included, before! :eek:

Quick note on the Xros Fusion Loader: I knew it wasn't quite a 'virtual pet', but I kinda wanted one with a pedometer just to see how they are. Design looked cool, sprites looked cool, and I liked the idea that you could download new Digimon by playing sounds to it. That said... it is not good. Glad I didn't pay that much on Ebay for it, because the screen is REALLY hard to see in all but direct lighting, even if you adjust the contrast. They could have definitely managed to make the screen a little taller as well, since the fact that it's set back so far limits what you can actually see due to the shell casting a shadow on the screen itself. Additionally, the sound is SUPER LOUD.
As for gameplay, it's okay, but the menus are super cumbersome and the screen makes it really, really hard to want to spend time with it. Oh well. Caveat Emptor. XD
Hey, it could be worse - it could be like the Penguin Watch/Pocket Penguin (which is, by far, the worst virtual pet I've ever owned). ;) This sounds way better than that!

As a guy I don't personally mind cutesyness, but I also wish the designs were a bit more creative, even if there are reasons for them. It seems that the anime hasn't been renewed for a new season yet though, so maybe the new Tamagotchi will change that.

Alright. XD Now to your log. I really love your log, I've read the whole thing! I do enjoy how simple it is and your inclusion of pictures. Hoping to see more of the Morino.
First off, thanks for reading all of that! I'll probably rant on something else eventually. My mind likes to wander XD I didn't realize the anime was that big of a deal, and that makes total sense.

Second, glad you're liking the log! There will definitely be more Morino, as I really REALLY like that one.

Ok, that is a seriously awesome feature. I've never even heard of that being included, before! :eek:
I just wish I had thought to take some pictures. >< In the roughly 2 months since I got the M!x, it's the first time I've ever seen it happen.

So, up early again because today is the first day of 12-hour-shifts for my wife until the Super Bowl is over. Her team is working to make sure that there are no problems with the cellular network around the stadium and in the Twin Cities where I live. This means that in the next week and a half, she'll be pulling in almost a month of extra pay in OT. It's super impressive, and I'm trying to do everything I can so she can just come home and sleep when she gets done. (though tidying is her way to relieve stress, so she'll probably do a bunch of that anyway...)

OKAY TAMAGOTCHIS:

P2: Got back from a meeting to find....

U6gGHJam.jpg

AWWW YEAH ZUCCITCHI One step closer to Zatchi. We'll see what happens...

V3:

bCm2YNYm.jpg

Not a ton to report here. Kuroteletchi baby evolved into a Mohitamatchi, but I didn't grab pics before he went to bed and he's not up yet. Named him Chrono since I've been reminiscing about what a great game Chrono Trigger was. Man, I really wish Chrono Cross hadn't killed the franchise...

M!x:

Somehow, she evolved from a monkey-headed teen into something that looked like her mom, but with a really unique color combo....

pFUS3R4m.jpg
ieqoe5em.jpg

She kept her dad's sweet scarf though. And married a fat duck. Heck yeah, duck genes.

Their kid is (another) boy. He was his dad's bright green at birth, but now....

EtPuDjxm.jpg

Nearly all of my toddlers have been this weird light-yellow. I like vibrant colors over pastels, so I'm hoping he ends up looking more like his parents than his grandparents. I guess I'll have him try to marry Himebaratchi, but there aren't really that many female tamas in the M!x I want to pull traits from at the moment that I haven't done in the past...

Again, I wonder if I should get a 20th anniversary mix since I like a lot of the tama designs in there better and I'd be able to unlock Gozaru, which at this point as become some sort idyllic mountaintop Eden of tama bachelors and bachelorettes in my mind... grass is always greener, I suppose?

Morino: Still a little inchworm guy. He actually woke up as I was typing this to someone trying to step on him! I would have gotten pics, but that even happens so fast that I didn't want to take a photo if it meant him getting stomped. I did take pics of his happy/sad faces, though. I really like the animations for this guy.

TBH8Zx5m.jpg
WLJhbXvm.jpg

One interesting thing of note with the Morino is that the leaves on the background are a very dark green, which sometimes actually makes it a little hard to see. It's not that much of a hassle, but it's interesting. The Morino has so many unique design choices, from the background to the motion stuff (though angel and umi have that too, right?), to the fact that the shell is BROWN. I actually picked the brown one specifically because I haven't really seen anything quite like it before, and weird paint schemes do it for me.

Gudetama: Somehow immortal, I guess? We're pretty good at keeping the chopsticks away, and he's so low-maintenance that I can ignore him for an hour or two and he'll only need 1 food when I get back. Still fun tho!

My 20th Anniversary Digimon should be here any day now, so I'm excited to get that up and running. But, for now, that's all!! Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 because I got Zuccitchi too. :D

But my special character, if I get her (randomly decided mine is a girl because it was a white baby - imposing genders on tamas) will be Charitchi, a weird creature with a bicycle. It's cool cause I'm always around on a bike too. :D

Some updates!

A couple evolutions...

Weekend's been chill so far. Read through Hellboy in Hell pt 2 and finished up Transformers: More than Meets the eye vol 10 (My local library has a robust comic selection) Been playing Dragonball FighterZ and Assassin's Creed Syndicate while watching stuff. I was worried 12-hour shifts before the super bowl would stress my wife out, but she's been a trooper about it, and we got caught up on Steven Universe and Star vs the Forces of Evil. We also started Pop Team Epic, which is.... it's amazing. References to Super Robot Wars and Chrono Trigger in the first 2 eps alone. Not every joke hits, but they're so rapidfire and insane that it's really great. I might grab Monster Hunter World today, but I've already got too many games to play. ><

ANYWAY TAMAS:

P2: Still Zuccitchi. Making me want to buy a P1 as well, but I feel like I should probably wait on that for now since there's too many games coming out ATM.

Gudetama: Still alive! Really hanging in there. I guess as long as I keep fending off the evil chopsticks, it still lives!!

V3: Evolved into a young Mimitchi. He takes after me and is into robots. XD
72agsuzm.jpg
kCAGTUkm.jpg

He even sets his robot toy next to his bed. XD

V4dbNDqm.jpg

I like these little touches in the V3. The additional animation of them taking baths, brushing their teeth, singing, and just goofing around really breathe a little more life into things. It's fantastic. :D
I like these 'young' versions of some of the established tamas too. Not sure why, just think they're neat. :D

M!x:
Wow, he just abandoned ALL of his genes and went HARD DUCK. Which is fine, as Kuchipatchi is pretty rad.

SXrSrQmm.jpg
EqEnXrfm.jpg

I like that he kept the scarf, especially because it looks like a disheveled tie on him. I have dubbed him Salary Duck, because he looks like a businessman and also a giant green duck. The pinnacle of creative naming, I know.

Anyway, I think I'll keep him like this for a bit. I wonder if some of his ancestral traits will show up in his children, or if the duck genes are so strong he will just be a duck for generations to come. Funny how his coloration overrode the weird pale yellow I've been struggling against. Let's see if that lasts as well.

Morino:

It is... a peanut!

v9RwKHBl.jpg

Well, a cocoon that looks like a peanut. Glad this form only lasts 24 hours, because it is BORING. Nothing happens. It doesn't even get attacked, it just sits there and you can tweak the temps and that's all.

If you've ever wondered what the temp screen looks like (and you probably don't because it's already OL), here it is!

1j3GUVTm.jpg

Riveting!

All kidding aside, I'm really excited to see what I get. It's hard to tell - I've kept the hunger and happiness up, but I'm pretty sure he's gotten stepped on a few times since I've been busy with work and you have to respond to that pretty fast. That said, I think all the forms look cool, so I'm excited to see what I get!

Other than that, looks like my 20th anniversary Digimon will be here Monday or Tuesday. I'll add that here when it's up. Might set the P2 aside when that arrives (after the P2's current run), but we'll see! :D

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Lots of new stuff today!
Not really much in the way of outside tama things. Wife's working her 12 hour shifts, so coming home to an empty house has been odd. That said, we both like our alone time, so it'll be okay for a week. *weeps internally*

ANYWAY TAMAGOTCHIS.

Gudetama: ....yeah I'm gonna hold off on posting anything more about it until something interesting happens. He's still an adorable egg man. Just pretend I write that every time. XD

M!x: Salary Duck is still bringing home the bacon and yet also pooping in his living room. Like an actual businessman would.

P2: *RESOUNDING FANFARE*

I GOT ZATCHI! :D

ZjL5dfAm.jpg

Man, I forgot how great this guy's animations are:
prlhAxOm.jpg
o7JJJdwm.jpg

I like that his happy animation and eating animation are the same thing... he just sucks stuff up... XD
Well, mission accomplished! There's still a few more forms I want to get on the P2, but it'll be good to retire it for a bit so I can focus on newer ones. Once Gudetama's off my hands, I'll probably bring it back tho.

Morino:

My cocoon hatched into....

7NLTEqCm.jpg

Wait... wait, Funkorogotchi? The DUNG BEETLE? That's the lowest care one! What did I do wrong??

(and then, I learned that most of the Morino evolutions are based on weight rather than care)

...WELP. Now I know. :D I think I might go for Kabutotchi next and then go back to the different kinds. Super cool animations tho:

BIxuQa2m.jpg
3SGXwyzm.jpg
Raa23l0m.jpg

Also, here's something I don't get. He's a dung beetle, so he eats poop, but you also have to clean up after him... so there's eating poop and non-eating poop?
...It's best if we don't go too far down that rabbit hole.

Yq5I6ktm.jpg

Eating poop.

V3: Actually, nothing to report here! It was paused all day so I could take care of the newest arrival.....

Alphamon 20th Anniversary Digimon!

gE61G0Km.jpg

The screen that greets you when you first turn it on.

28aVXoAm.jpg

Happy Koromon bouncing around. The screen doesn't photograph the best. >>

There is just a TON of new stuff to do on these. I went with a classic Agumon egg for my first one to relive the old days, but man, new stats, new games, new battle options, and you can raise 2 digimon at once! Even though these guys are more expensive than some M!xes, they're great. :D I like the sound on it as well. It's a little quiet, but there's a sort of distorted quality to it. Different from a tama, but still familiar.

Anyway, that's it. I think I'm at my capacity for new virtual pets running at once... 6 is... plenty. Even if the M!x needs basically 0 attention and the Gudetama is super quick to care for, I can feel that I can't add any new ones at the moment. Still, it's a good day for hitting some of my goals and adding in new stuff. Man, what a ton of fun. :)

Thanks for reading! I'm gonna go make dinner. Or just have cereal. That's like the same thing.

Also: TIL there's a cap to how many pictures you can link in one post. Bummer! Dropped some Botamon pics since he's just a little black blob.

I have the exact same 20th Anni Digimon! I love this shell and I also love this version. Shame they're so expensive now, I'd love to have the full set.

You can even battle with them online!

I love how entertaining their posts are, even if they are concise and to the point.

Battle online? Is that what those codes are for? I'm still reading through the translated manual.

Also, yeah, they're pricey. I kinda want an Omegamon one so I can Jogress to Grace Novamon, but yeah... pretty steep price. On the other side of the coin, it's like 115 digimon in one device, so you get your bang for your buck, especially with all the combat and training they added in and how the duo-raising always gives you something to do. That said... I wish you could pause! I suppose there's putting them down for a nap, and that basically does the same thing, right?

But yeah, I love the gold-on-black deco. Super slick looking.

Anyway, glad you like reading the log! :D I'm having fun writing it.

Yea, there's a D-1 Grand Prix. Of course the site is Japanese but pretty easy to navigate (there is a guide on the with the will forums), if anything it's fun to input the codes on the site and keep track of what characters you've gotten so far, because you get an album with colored sprites. From time to time they open an actual competition where you can battle for REAL PRIZES (usually an original signed artwork, I think). And you're right... I'd like to get at least one more so maybe i can do the reset trick in order to at least unlock a special egg. I kind of don't like how they made it so that there are five different versions in total, but you need to connect you device to five- if you had all of them it would count as 4...

I don't like how they wake up at 7 and sometimes go to sleep as late as midnight, making the setting clock back trick not that good. And yes, you can put them down for a nap, I think they will wake up after 3 hours though.

Will you be getting the 20th Pendulum? I pre ordered both of them!

Congrats on Zatchi! I'm loving your log so far, the rambly parts are great and you're running a really cool variety of pets!

Yea, there's a D-1 Grand Prix. Of course the site is Japanese but pretty easy to navigate (there is a guide on the with the will forums), if anything it's fun to input the codes on the site and keep track of what characters you've gotten so far, because you get an album with colored sprites. From time to time they open an actual competition where you can battle for REAL PRIZES (usually an original signed artwork, I think). And you're right... I'd like to get at least one more so maybe i can do the reset trick in order to at least unlock a special egg. I kind of don't like how they made it so that there are five different versions in total, but you need to connect you device to five- if you had all of them it would count as 4...

I don't like how they wake up at 7 and sometimes go to sleep as late as midnight, making the setting clock back trick not that good. And yes, you can put them down for a nap, I think they will wake up after 3 hours though.

Will you be getting the 20th Pendulum? I pre ordered both of them!
Wow, I need to find that site. That sounds AWESOME, especially the colored sprites bit! And yeah, I preordered both Pendulums... may as well before they get super expensive. I wonder if they'll make it so they can DNADigivolve/Jogress with the 20th anniversary ones. That'd be cool. Also, I'm probably gonna get the new Cyber Sleuth game. The first one was solid (and I got it at bargain prices, so that helps) and had such a great selection of 'mon, so I'm hoping the new one does the same.

Congrats on Zatchi! I'm loving your log so far, the rambly parts are great and you're running a really cool variety of pets!
Thanks a ton! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I love rambling and speculating and just wandering around ideas, and it's fun doing such with people who share my interests and have their own interesting takes on things as well. :)

Took off work a little early so I could hang out with my wife before she has to do night shifts for the rest of the week. Time well spent, for sure. For the next 7 days, I'll only see her for about 2 hours when I get home from work, and when she gets back the next morning, I'll already have left for the day. *wistful sigh* Since she's doing something on her computer quick, I figured I'd update!

P2:

Still really liking the Zatchi. I remember getting it as a little kid and eventually just letting it die because I thought hitting the reset button would do worse things and it had been a Zatchi for over a month. They're so low maintenance, and I remember even after I started letting it wind down it still lived for another week or so. Now that I'm older, I'm gonna see how long I can keep it going. Since I can just max everything out on it now, I'm just going to do that for as long as possible.

Morino:

I still don't get why Funkorogotchi doesn't take care of his own poop. Like, at least roll it into a ball like a real dung beetle or something. Yes, we're going to be talking about this for a while. Honestly, I might just reset the Morino and restart it so I can start trying for something new. Funkorogotchi is cool, but I'm itching to see what else I can get!

M!x:

Salary Duck, why do you only make money when I make you play games? Worst Businessman Ever. I'll probably marry him off in a night or two and see what I get next. Man, I keep seeing X Optimistic's log and going "I should get a 25th anniversary Mix", but like... is that what my heart is really telling me? IS IT?!

V3:

After I got Young Mimitchi, I thought to myself: "Boy, I hope I don't get Decotchi. I'm all for weird designs, but it's a weird Frankenstein head"

KW0t7QIm.jpg

...but why though.

Okay, we can salvage this. Let's put a hat on him.

zQMkY47m.jpg

THIS IS NOT BETTER.

Maybe sunglasses?

pTdfaxUm.jpg

Nope. Looks like a butt wearing sunglasses.

I mean, it's a unique design. It definitely has it's charm, but it makes me laugh to think that roly-poly Young Mimitchi evolved into THIS. But hey, this is why I got the V3! Crazy designs. Super cool....

u0GDkORm.jpg

...And zero artistic talent.

Digimon:

Fact number one:

I can't think of the word 'Digimon' without hearing the ENTIRE themesong to the American version in my head. You would think this would get annoying. YOU WOULD BE WRONG THAT THEME SONG IS AMAZING.

Fact Number Two:

....I don't actually have a second fact. Well, maybe this one:

zeDVAoWm.jpg

The sprite for Tsunomon is rad.

Anyway, I went with Agumon and Gabumon for my first pair. Gonna try to get them up to Blitz Greymon and Cres Garurumon so I can gat Omegamon Alter-S or whatever it's called. It's so weird that one of the 'flagship' designs like Garurumon occurs from sub-par care. Also, my favorite was always Tentomon--Kabuterimon--MegaKabuterimon line... but this one only has Kabuterimon! Oh well, looks like the Pendulums have the rest. Oh hey, check 'em out:

zCNzOkrm.jpg
bbb5Qitm.jpg

Anyway, that's all for today. Probably less pics at the moment since basically everything is in adult stages, but I'll put anything up here that I find neat.

As always, thanks for reading! I'm gonna go watch some TV! How exciting is THAT?

Today was a long day.
My wife got in an accident this morning on her way home from work. The best part is she's 100% okay, so everything else is minor. Car's still running fine, and no one else was involved in the accident, but there's some pretty rough damage to the back. It's not going to be the worst thing in the world, but it's a bummer. STILL, I'm really glad she's okay. :)
Anyway, I got the ball rolling on what we all need to do for that and then after she had gone to bed (she's working nights ATM), I decided to be proactive and contact Comcast about getting cable hooked up to surprise my wife when she woke up. Weird segue, I know, but the place where we live just got free basic cable and I wanted to add it.

What followed was close to FIVE. HOURS of me trying to accomplish that objective, and the figuring it out myself despite the best efforts of bad support reps to foil me. (Note: I think most support reps for most companies are pretty great. The insurance guy I talked to was AMAZING! It's just comcast sucks HARD.) I'll spare you guys the full story, mostly because--while entertaining--I'm too wiped to write it. XD All I can say is, if you end up working in a call center or doing any sort of customer-facing support, empathy is key. You never know if the guy just trying to get a cable box in the middle of a snowstorm just spent the morning setting up an insurance claim and making sure a car wasn't about to self-destruct.

And really, empathy's a cool skill in general. It's like... one of the most useful things you can have at the front of your mind just going about your day.

BUT, let's talk tamas because now I'm giving a lecture. XD

P2: Zatchi still! He's starting to show his age and lose hearts faster, but he's hanging in there. I prolly fed him too much cake the other day at work 'cuz I was busy and I don't like doing the clock-set-pause. But hey, I need to get some stuff out of the rotation anyhow, so c'est la vie.

Morino: Welp, the dung beetle died (I think he got stepped on too many times since I have all my tamas on silent at work), so I started up a new one. Decided to go with the main tree rather than Kabutotchi egg because now that I understand the weight side of how the Morino works, I think I could get something cool!
I really do like the little inchworm designs for the first few stages, but I do wish there was more variety BEFORE stuff hit adult. That said, we'll see what I get!

M!x: Salary Duck is still Salary Duckin'. I was planning on marrying him off today, buuuuttt.... it'll wait 'til tomorrow. XD

V3: Speaking of married, had the Matchmaker swing by and hooked Decotchi up (actually, this happened while I was waiting in line at Comcast XD) He had another son, and I think I'll name him Frog to keep the Chrono Trigger names going.

I really love the items in V3. Sure, they don't do much, but they're fun and give you something to do. That's one of the coolest things with the V3. You can just fiddle with it if you're bored and there's more than just playing the same guessing game over and over. That, and I really like the sound quality on it.

But, before we bid adieu to Decotchi, let's remember that he's about 90% nightmare fuel:

wPMsxfHm.jpg

yybJI8Bm.jpg

sopWtvlm.jpg

I guess the last one's kinda the other 10% that isn't nightmare fuel. XD

Digimon: Working towards Omegamon Alter-S. It's ironic I have an Alphamon-themed Digimon, but there isn't actually the ability to raise Alphamon in it...
But there's like a jillion other Digimon, so we good.

Speaking of, here's where we're at now: Metal Greymon and Metal Mememon - just one step away from the forms that will let me get Omegamon!
H0BexTxm.jpg

It's actually the 'Virus' version because normal Metal Greymon is on the Augumon-themed 20th anniversary version (it cam be unlocked, but it'd be a pain to do)

aaPv3pHm.jpg

Metal Mamemon! He has great sprites:

LtkpPIvm.jpg

(apparently, despite being metal, he can squish. So that's neat. Maybe he's like mercury?)

Before he became Mamemon, though, he was Garurumon, who also has great sprites:

57uHAMSm.jpg
TXazSb6m.jpg

Oh! Jhud - I went to that D1 Grand Prix site and uploaded all my Digimon to the album. What a cool feature! I like that it has enhanced sprites of a lot of them, too. :D

That's it for now!
One other thing - Been playing Monster Hunter World, and discovered that you can adjust your picture on your guild card.... I had fun:

rOsqiWJl.jpg

8MjSvJCm.jpg

I'll leave you with that. Thanks for reading! Drive safe! :D

I loved the entry! Glad your wife is safe, and I totally agree with you on empathy. I wish my mom had empathy while talking to service providers of any kind, she's always so impatient while sometimes these poor people gotta do their best! lol

I also love the items on the v3, honestly what I need in a Tamagotchi are items. Vintages are neat and all, and I don't necessarily need the school-job shebang of the v4's, I do prefer if a version has access of any sort of usable items. I don't know, it always gives you something more to do, and it's fun to see how your character reacts to the item.

Good luck on your Digimon! Lucky that you got Gabumon, on my first generation I also wanted to go for him but I got Kabuterimon instead, I wasn't aware that you're not supposed to take such a good care for it... And yeah, D1 grand prix is a pretty cool feature! Hope they don't turn it off too soon.

And nice Monster Hunter screenshot, I'd love to try the game one day! :D

Whooo boy, this is gonna be a girthy update. So many pics I'm probably going to have to break it into a couple posts since there's like that 10-image cap on posts....

Anyhow, work is fun and my wife is done w/the Super Bowl stuff, so we're kinda in a recovery week. It's been nice getting to spend time with her again! :D I gave her back the Gudetama.... which died of old age and then she forgot it at home, sooooo.... looks like I'm taking care of Gudetama again. XD

Other than that, psyched to start playing Shadow of the Colossus (again), and really enjoying Altered Carbon on Netflix. I'm also reading a western called Hondo right now because my next novel is a Western Fantasy novel, and it dawned on me that I'd never actually read a straight-up western. There's a John Wayne movie based on it as well. It's... pretty antiquated, but some of the imagery is really good, and I'm at least learning the style. My dad's side is from the West and I've always loved the vibe of the open range and the mountains in Montana, so I wanted to write something about that. If it happens to have a magic system based on playing cards and immortal gunslingers, that's cool too.

Also, I got sniped for a bid on a grey-blue-purple-and-black camo V2 on Ebay... but then I realized there was ANOTHER one for about $4 with a buy it now option.... so P2 is on the way! Kusatchi, here I come!!

ANYHOW UPDATES:

P2: Zatchi finally headed back home last night, so it'll be out of the rotation for a bit. By the end of it, he was dropping all his hearts in about an hour, and work just didn't let me keep up with him. It was cool having him while it lasted, and I'll be able to get him again sometime :D

M!x: So, quick note; the M!x ran low on batteries (seriously this thing goes through like 2 AAA's in a MONTH), and so it's being retired for the moment. We'll come back to it at some point, but there's enough new stuff that it was getting to be more of a hassle than fun. For now, let's conclude the story of Salary Duck!

mRcGc0am.jpg

He got married! Like myself, he totally married up. GOOD JOB, SALARY DUCK. XD

He had a daughter as well. I don't have pictures of the adult she grew into (because the battery went low right as that happened), but here's her younger forms:

PUFb7f8m.jpg
CIMxipEm.jpg

OH! OH! And remember when I mentioned how it started going off one time after the tama had gone to sleep and it was having a nightmare?

....IT HAPPENED AGAIN AND THIS TIME I GOT PHOTOS!

It starts with the tama in bed (no photos of that, sadly), and then....

MeiB9pom.jpg

A DARK, FOGGY CITY....

zA3lANym.jpg

wOL9q2Em.jpg

wah0FjMm.jpg

More ghosts!!

hnJMJBmm.jpg

YxIsMjtm.jpg

Aww, they learned to get along. XD

How cool is that! I wonder what triggers it?

Anyways, that's it for this entry. Next up: Digimon, followed by Morino and V3.

OKAY! Part 2 for this huge update;

Mostly, the update is huge because new things hatched/evolved/whatever all right at the same time...

DIGIMON:

Cool evolutions, but since it's not Tamas, I'll keep it short and to the point :D Unfortunately, none of my pics of Blitz Greymon turned out (They were all too dark), but here's Blitz and Crey Garurumon eating meat!

HnNBHSqm.jpg

And here's Crey on his own:

kWsMY8pm.jpg

....Yeah, sure, that looks a LOT like a wolf, okay. (Still a cool design!)

Put 'em together, and you get....

TzYYjQim.jpg
sUBrPoLm.jpg

Omegamon Alter-S! :D

Now I gotta figure out what to hatch next.... there are so many egg choices now...

Moving on...

Morino!

Man, this guy... he always ALWAYS gets attacked when I'm busy, so I think that's what kept me from getting the best ones. But I got Minotchi (the bagworm). I didn't think I'd like him since he just kinda sits there, but his animations are GREAT!

mbwq7Afm.jpg

Default Minotchi

ptWNLNom.jpg

Happy! (I love how he has little tiny hands)

PY2KKO5m.jpg
Xm1jmFWm.jpg

ANGRY

vvU2wf0m.jpg
0RyC9vKm.jpg

He crawls out of his bag to eat, too. Reminds of me of the worm from Adventure Time.

It's such a weird, fun tama to raise. The whole weight thing is tricky, but it's cool because it's not something I can just go "I'm going to get X" and just get it. Exciting!

Alright, last up is V3....

Last but not least....

V3!!!

As I mentioned, Decotchi had a son (named Frog, after the Chrono Trigger character), and he grew into another Mohitamatchi!

....I forgot to pause him before I went into a meeting....

Un52Q6qm.jpg

Poor guy.

But I still took good enough care of him to get a Batabatatchi!

i6TwiJXm.jpg

WHAT AN AWESOME DESIGN! This guy is the sort of tama design I adore. Just a weird duck bug, flyin' around. This, to me, is Tamagotchi character design at its best. I got used to Decotchi (and actually ended up digging him) over time, but this guy is INSTANTLY cool for me. XD

oVTmJyYm.jpg

Faceplanting. Poor guy. XD

qMdBAE9m.jpg

Balancing on a b... wait, what? HOW IS THAT CHALLENGING FOR HIM, HE FLIES!!!

3DTmun9m.jpg

Relaxing bath to end the night. Surprised he's not hovering over it....

And these last 2 happened right after my last post...

ht172YMm.jpg
Nxs9rVgm.jpg

Father and son, enjoying a snowy night.

I really do love the v3. It's moments like this... the M!x does the same thing, but there was something just wonderfully tranquil about this, in its monochrome glory. It was snowing lightly here at the same time, and I was watching it through my living room window as the lamp on the path behind my house lit the flakes as they drifted down. It's interesting to feel so connected to something so simple and uncomplicated. Maybe that's what makes me love this hobby. Is it a sort of symbiosis? I help a simple, pre-programmed little creature have something we could interpret as its own sort of life, and it somehow rewards the effort by responding, by making its screen a window into its own world, and we get to be there and watch and participate.

I've always liked raising things--from tadpoles to caterpillars to tamagotchis--but something about this particular screen got to me. Everything just lined up so perfectly, and it made it all the more special.

Have a good night, everyone! Thanks for reading. :)

v3 is one of my absolute favorite versions, and I have a fair chunk of Tamagotchi versions- from old to modern. And I don't think it's just nostalgia factor, since it was the first real Tamagotchi release in Poland, it genuinely is a well balanced version. Interesting characters, buyable items, cool animations. I love it.

Great long log entry!

I just wanted to drop by and say how much I love Minotchi's eating animations, and the design of Batabatatchi! :lol:

Goodness me, both of them have that essence of classic Tamagotchi design about them - they're great!

Man, I need to update more frequently to avoid these mega-multi-part posts. Or maybe we could just raise the image cap on posts? Eh, either way.

Anyway, work is good. Busy but good. I'm still really shocked that I enjoy my job as much as I do. My first passion is (and always will be) writing, but I got to kinda create the position I'm in now, and that means that we're still trying to figure out what that MEANS. It makes for some hectic days, but its all a ton of fun. I love it. It's weird how the things you really care about change as you get older, but that's what makes life fun. I get to be creative, I get to shape a team of people that helps people. What more could I ask for?

Well... robots and tamagotchis, really.

OH HEY LET'S HAVE AN UPDATE!

But first: DISASTER STRIKES!!!

I forgot ALL my tamas at home yesterday like a chump, and since I was really busy (meetings. So many meetings), and my wife was ALSO busy, the languished alone at home for about eight hours. The V3 and V2 survived (and honestly, I'm trying to get a Kusatchi on V2, so that works out), but Morino got ate/stepped on, and both Digimon died of poop inhalation related illnesses. You figure a giant white armored knight dude would be able to clean up his own leavings. Maybe it's because he has a sword and a gun instead of hands? Life is a mystery.

ANYWAY

Morino: Restarting. Pics to follow! XD Here's one of the adorable grave screen tho:

hZdRvkPm.jpg

(it's fuzzy in the pic, but I love that the attention icon has little antenna XD)

Digimon: Going with v5 and v6 eggs this time so I can DNA Digivolve to a Rust Tyrannomon. That said, I'm always impressed by how many variants of 'tiny black blob' Digimon and Tamagotchi have been able to make:
GyKhCqtm.jpg
aWFddfGm.jpg

Pagumon and Tanemon:

HLnQ91mm.jpg
keSWop6m.jpg

Also, holy cow the digimon. Poops. SO. MUCH. It's absurd how much fits in a creature that small. Having 2 going at once doesn't help, as they'll have a screen covered in poop and be sick in like... an hour.

V2:

I named my V2 Edgar after the FFVI character. I really like the designs for the V2, but the games suuuuuuuuck. The fact that so much is based on timing and the buttons just aren't that responsive makes them annoying. Heading/jump are just kinda frustrating, and bump is only really playable if your tama is pretty heavy. That said, at least I can just feed 'em endless snacks. XD

fAZIDCdm.jpg

Hitodetchi!

Mf9v8Ksm.jpg

Ringotchi! Also, I really, really like this shell design. Glad I was able to snag it off ebay. I know in previous posts I said "I don't need stuff to be covered in camo", but sick grey, blue, and black camo gets a pass. XD

KC1owjjl.jpg

Tamas playing! It's a simple function, but a lot of fun. For some reason, though, my batabatachi is totally a jerk to my V2. Always brings him snakes and poop and stuff. What a weasel.

Next post: V3!!!

V3!!!

So this guy gets his own post because otherwise he'd be eating up my image limit all by himself. XD

moVoUrLm.jpg

Frog evolved into a Billotchi! Is he a duck? A penguin? Both? Who cares, he's GREAT.

Definitely my favorite V3 adult that I've gotten so far. He's got that classic tama feel, but is his own thing despite being 'another' duck guy. More duck guys, thank you!

His animations are GREAT:

mStx5ipm.jpg

Couldn't catch the cuckoo coming out of the clock...

LaUSXHtm.jpg

Excited about his lamp!

OtW5Puwm.jpg

...but nothing came out.

ARhuIOPm.jpg

The epitome of cool.

XQ1bj9Rm.jpg

WAIT NO, I WAS WRONG, EVEN COOLER.

Man, what a great tama. And I've barely scratched the surface! Not sure what I'll get next. Right now, I wanna wait before getting anything new. I like all of my tamas a lot, but I have enough right now and I don't want to overdo it and get fatigued. It'd be fun to just focus on one at a time, but I'll probably do more of that down the road. Still so much newness! I'll probably do another Kabutotchi on my Morino one of these days, but for now I'll go back to the main, weird growth chart and see what I get.

As always, thanks for reading! And remember - if you have someone today, have a happy Valentine's day. If you don't, today is a day to watch TV and tomorrow is the time to buy discount chocolate! I was super bummed on V-day for many years of not having a SO, but it happens when you least expect it. Heck, I had to give up my appendix for my wife to realize she wanted to date me. (True story for another day) The universe is weird, but it ends up being pretty cool. And there are tamas no matter what! :D

Man, I know what you mean about the 20th Digimon. They just poop CONSTANTLY. And their wake up time is just very inconvienent for me. I recently got a few of the actual original Digimon toys and man, they're way easier to take care of- they don't poop that whole much.

Loving the pics of the Tamagotchis too! And what a lovely v2 design, even if I'm usually not a fan of camo myself, I think a bit more original camo is good from time to time.

I get that duck guy a lot too, he's neat.

And that's sweet of you to say that on valentine's day, thank you! You and your wife sound like such a lovely couple and I have to say she's lucky to have someone as positive as you seem to be. I'm enjoying your logs because of just how much personality comes from each post. Hope you have a great valentine's day yourself!

Latest posts

Back