Returning from the long break

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zerex0001

Reaction score
I have a few old school Tamagotchis that I have recently got out, but now I see all these new different ones. Which ones are currently the best ones to buy? Thanks.

The MusicStar (v6) is the latest English-language model. It came out about a year ago, so it's probably the only one you'll find in the shops. (Of course on ebay you can find almost any model, including several Japanese-language models with high resolution color screens.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on your personal preferences mostly. If your talking best quality to buy, the new color Tamagotchi ID is hard to beat. But my all time favorite will always be the (old-school) tamagotchi ocean.

Here are SOME of your options:

-Morino

-Umino (Ocean)

-1996-'97 Original

-Mothra

-Angel

-Devil

-Santagotchi

2004's and up:

-V1

-V2

-V3

-V4 (Japanese version is Entama, I believe)

-V4.5 (Japanese version is Uratama, I believe)

-V5 *Family Tamagotchi*

-V6 - Music Star. Technically, this is more of a stand alone tamagotchi. There's been a lot of debate over whether or not it should be included in the version line ups.

The newest is the Japanese Tamagotchi ID. It's beautiful. I've missed naming some of the other Japanese versions, but here you go anyway.

Oh ok I see. I checked some of the ones you stated. So I take it the Tamagotchi ID is similar to the Tamagotchi color? I was thinking about buying the color one, but if the ID one is better I will go for that one.

I reccomend that you buy a v6 or a v5.5 celberty....

In some stores the v5.5s are sold out but v6 are still going strong but lots of people buy them and soon they'll be sold out too. Other tamas such as the v1-3 are out of stock in most places and its rare that youll find them! ;)

hmm interesting, thanks for the info. It is actually quite funny. I want a new tamagotchi, but the thought of me being a little too old now comes accross my mind lol. Oh well who cares, I guess.

I really like the v4's and v4.5's. I tried using the v5 familichi once, and found it kind of confusing and hard to get the family to bond, and I don't know what the v6 is like because I don't have one. v3's are also pretty cool, they just can't do as much as 4 and 4.5. hope this helps! :(

Well I guess I will be getting a v4.5 then. I will make another thread once I recieve him/her. Thanks everyone.

the thought of me being a little too old now comes accross my mind lol. Oh well who cares, I guess.
You're never too old. I'm married, with kids, and I hold down a steady job. Tama's are simply my version of a Game Boy DS or an XBOX. They came out when I was in sixth grade or so, and I've been in love with them ever since. It's been fun to see how Bandai has changed them. Hope you like your new tam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back