Sadly, the best mobile game ever: Tap & Hatch is CLOSING

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad news. I really liked this game. I guess I'll have to try to beat all the levels before it gets shut down. :(

Can't fans make a fan server?Like the fans did for the Nintendo Wii after this console's online services shut down?Sims fans did something similiar with an old Sims online game, I think we should make a fan server for both Tap&Hatch and TamaTown.
There is still hope for the Tap&Hatch but no for tamatown since the servers have shut down a long time ago and data is erased completely, there won't be a way to create the server unless someone backed up it before closed.

This is sad news. I really liked this game. I guess I'll have to try to beat all the levels before it gets shut down. :(
I know right -_- I do wish you good luck on the game for the rest of it's life time (October 1st), the app itself said September though.

I don't even really care for the game much because it frustrates me (although the animations of the tamagotchi characters is super cute!) but I'm really annoyed at this. It's just so cruel to make this thing for people and then suddenly take it away...what a waste...

This is sad news, but a reasonable decision. Before fans complain, they should understand Bandai's motives. :)

Out of all the people in America, only a tiny percentage are Tamagotchi fans and only a small percentage of Tamagotchi fans (counting the fans not on TamaTalk) like Tamagotchi LIFE's Tap and Hatch game. I can understand why they're shutting it down. It was a simple puzzle game based on a forgotten franchise. It never was going to become very popular. They need money to fund even more exciting Tamagotchi stuff for us. Also, with the Tamagotchi Friends Gotchi-fy app coming up, young fans may be confused by Tap and Hatch and all the vintage characters they've never seen before.

Real Tamagotchis are better than puzzle game apps anyway, and the Tamagotchi LIFE P1/P2 and Angel apps are still available. :D

Is the apk file avalaible?. I don't know why, but the Android store says that all the Tamagotchi apps are not compatible with my smartphone, but when I download the app as an apk via download sites it runs perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The app was for N

Is the apk file avalaible?. I don't know why, but the Android store says that all the Tamagotchi apps are not compatible with my smartphone, but when I download the app as an apk via download sites it runs perfectly.
The app was north america only, if you want to download the latest version, here's the link that captures from google play store. https://apk-dl.com/store/apps/details?id=com.namcobandaigames.tapandhatch

Update, for some reason: the link might take some time to load, be patience, download speed depends on your internet speed.

This is sad news, but a reasonable decision. Before fans complain, they should understand Bandai's motives. :)
Out of all the people in America, only a tiny percentage are Tamagotchi fans and only a small percentage of Tamagotchi fans (counting the fans not on TamaTalk) like Tamagotchi LIFE's Tap and Hatch game. I can understand why they're shutting it down. It was a simple puzzle game based on a forgotten franchise. It never was going to become very popular. They need money to fund even more exciting Tamagotchi stuff for us. Also, with the Tamagotchi Friends Gotchi-fy app coming up, young fans may be confused by Tap and Hatch and all the vintage characters they've never seen before.
Yes but it's stupid to make an app playable only online, I wouldn't like Nintendo making 3DS games playable online only, let me play my games alone.

No multiplayer= I don't need internet connection.

If it was playable offline maybe they wouldn't delete it.

I only owned a P1 and a V1 as a child but I wasn't confused with the characters on Corner Shop 3 that aren't on my first Tamas, like Chamametchi and Kuromametchi.

But I don't like Tap and Hatch that much, if it was a Puzzle Bobble like game I would like it, but it's too Candy Crash-y, not a big fan of connect the blocks game.

Tamagotchi are really popular in Japan and Life apps are made by Bandai Japan (it's known as smartphone de hakken Tamagotchi in Japanese), maybe if there's a Japanese version of Tap and Hatch try to download it, I think Bandai wouldn't shut the servers for Japan too, since Tamagotchis are popular in Japan.

Real Tamagotchis are better than puzzle game apps anyway, and the Tamagotchi LIFE P1/P2 and Angel apps are still available. :D
I actually think Tap and Hatch was the best app, I mean, the touch version of the virtual pets apps aren't that good, I mean, the sprites are just zoomed and recolored, while the Java versions have awesome sprites, even if they're too glitchy, but Life is glitchy too..

They were just lazy, not only for the sprites, the music is originally from the Japanese Tamagotchi DS game Tamagotchi Collection.

I can't even play both P1 and P2, while in Japan there are a P1 app and a P2 app, while we got both in 1 app...awful

I know but since now Bandai didn't state why they are closing, not taking responsibility seriously which was what made us fans :angry: .

Maybe they're closing the app because they weren't making money off of it? We didn't have to pay them to use it. It also wasn't ad free. I noticed that all the ads displayed were Bandai Namco ads. I never saw any other advertisements from other companies on this app. Maybe if they had got other companies to advertise they would've kept it open longer?

Also, keeping this app online only was a poor decision on Bandai Namco's part. They probably can't afford the large server space in order to save everyone's in game data. Thus, them pulling the plug on Tap and Hatch all together. If they had an option for offline gameplay, they wouldn't have so many servers and need as much money to keep them running.

I hope that some fan can crack the game and make it available offline after Bandai turns it off. I've reached Generation 2 and I find it really funny.

I never thought of the game closing in that way. Maybe Bandai America is starting to slowly diminish... :(

I am working on it right now, trying to capture game data from server and turn off internet access on the apk.
These are awesome news. I only played the game a few hours but some levels are a challenge, and I love challenges!

Thank you for your hard work!

Actually I think the problem here is lack of promotion. This app was an American only why the hell would they not just have made it global which would've boosted sales and at the same time where is the Facebook posts about it, the twitter and youtube ads? This game failed because they didn't think it through it was a good game but I don't mind as I found. It flawed as the chance of winning was predetermined.

WHAT? I was really exited for this game to ever come out in europe. Oh no i never had a chance to play it. :(

Attention!

Tama- Hatch Fans, the app will be closing today in pacific time, please enjoy the app while you can :(

ooohhhh!!!! this was one of the first things i downloaded when i got my phone and i was wondering why it wouldn't work!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back