Same sex tama marriages

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that organisation too, but I don't see how that's relevant to the subject. This mechanic shouldn't be implemented because it would not make any sense, not because of negative associations. If Bandai refused to implement things because they upsetted people, the Tamago would be an empty shell.
Same thing with the National Dex in Sword and Shield. EVERYONE was upset by that, but they had to do it - after all, 890 Pokemon would be too much for the game at first. 

I'm also part of LGTB, but I think that same marriage tamas is not a good idea and not I'm interested.

What I'm really interested is if they remove gender. Just like Gudetama in the mix/meets and the vintage tamas. Why label tamagotchis if they're aliens anyways... 

If they genderless, you can do whatever you want with your tama, dress it, name it, and marry with the Tama you want, without worrying if it is a girl or a boy, or hetero, bi, trans, homo, etc

I'm also part of LGTB, but I think that same marriage tamas is not a good idea and not I'm interested.

What I'm really interested is if they remove gender. Just like Gudetama in the mix/meets and the vintage tamas. Why label tamagotchis if they're aliens anyways... 

If they genderless, you can do whatever you want with your tama, dress it, name it, and marry with the Tama you want, without worrying if it is a girl or a boy, or hetero, bi, trans, homo, etc
The "vintage" games didn't have gender because they didn't have marriage. The game that introduced marriage (Tamagotchi Osutchi & Mesutchi) simultaneously introduced gender. I thought they removed it in Connection, but apperantly I was wrong. So the genders don't have to be merely a label; we just have no concrete knowledge of how Tamagotchi procreation works. Gudetama is an interesting case, but then again, it's weird that a Tamagotchi character and a Sanrio character can breed in the first place, considering they're different species...

Are there gender restrictions on tamagotchi clothes right now? That's really lame if that's true. I thought that only applied to your own human clothes, which was already pointless.

Reminds me that it's also pretty lame that female teens have pink skin and male teens have blue skin in Tamagotchi m!x.

The "vintage" games didn't have gender because they didn't have marriage. The game that introduced marriage (Tamagotchi Osutchi & Mesutchi) simultaneously introduced gender. I thought they removed it in Connection, but apperantly I was wrong. So the genders don't have to be merely a label; we just have no concrete knowledge of how Tamagotchi procreation works. Gudetama is an interesting case, but then again, it's weird that a Tamagotchi character and a Sanrio character can breed in the first place, considering they're different species...

Are there gender restrictions on tamagotchi clothes right now? That's really lame if that's true. I thought that only applied to your own human clothes, which was already pointless.

Reminds me that it's also pretty lame that female teens have pink skin and male teens have blue skin in Tamagotchi m!x.
Yes, but still, would be awesome if tamagotchis were genderless. 

Starting with the V4 to 4U, gender have a big role because it depends of it which tama you can have. But now, with the mix and meets, there's no big role for gender to be there. Like, I would like to marry with anyone of the app without looking if the other tama is male or female. 

And about clothes and accessories, I was talking about the IDL. There's no "gender restrictions", I mean, you can put a cute dress or ribbon to mametchi, but he'll do a little tantrum xD In that version, male tamas don't like girly clothes and accessories. But I don't remember if females tamas do care about boyish clothes.

in the Eternitchi/Tamagotchi PC emulator, your tamagotchi can just marry any tamagotchi regardless of gender, and it doesn't affect the gameplay whatsoever besides making it much easier to get pure genetics since you don't have to hunt down a specific gender tamagotchi of the family you're looking for as a partner

while i'm uncomfortable with correlating gender with reproductive characteristics as a transgender person anyways, i feel it's also a good point that the egg just kind of appears as if by some magical process anyways, and honestly bringing realistic reproductive processes into the conversation seems to me kind of like an excuse to continue to hold bigoted opinions while still being able to say you don't because you're not being as outright about it, when in reality you don't have to be outright hateful towards something to have harmful opinions on or look down on it, and it is always good to think about why you may think the way you do about something and how that might affect others who are different from you especially when it's about something that's ultimately harmless, not to say it's necessarily why everyone does it or that they even realize they're doing it but that's often how it's been used towards me so it's my experience

sorry for the long bit i just feel a little tired sometimes because a lot of things that other people look at as "politics" are things that affect me that i have to deal with every day in my daily life and it wears on me

anyways i also think being able to do this would make it way easier to get the characteristics you want on the m!x and On so i'd enjoy it, haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I would REALLY like that feature. (Mainly because my pet got rejected by both available girls) Sadly I can't do that and I have the New version Tamagotchi On

I must say that I completely agree. I've been thinking about gender removal in Tamagotchi for a while too, and honestly it would be a lot easier to deal with. Bandai wouldn't have to mess with all that additional code to make sure marriages are of the opposite sex and it would be simpler for the users to find partners for their Tamagotchis as well. I honestly don't see the point of Tamagotchi gender labels and it just ends up being annoying when you keep having to hunt for ideal partners of the opposite sex.

Genders are now really hard to remove. On the first tamagotchis cretures where like pokemons. So genders was unusefull. Now they more look like disney characters. They wear clothes etc... to me this option will never appear for economical reasons: tamagotchis will be baned in 95 pourcent of the countries in the world. And create controversies in the 5 percent left. So for bandai (a japanese company far from our occidental problems) it would be stupid to do that. Personnaly i like the things how they are. Its just a toy for children... i play with the rules... i dont care...

Genders are now really hard to remove. On the first tamagotchis cretaures where like pokemons. So genders was unusefull. Now they more look like disney characters. They wear clothes etc... to me this option will never appear for economical reasons: tamagotchis will be baned in 95 pourcent of the countries in the world. And create controversies in the 5 percent left. So for bandai (a japanese company for from our occidental problems) it would ne stupid to do that. Personnaly i like the things how they are. Its just a toy for children... i play with the rules... i dont care...
Again, politics are never a reason. Tamagotchi is already unavailable in 95% of the world and controversial in the remaining 5%.

If they chose to do it it's cool for me. I am not against the idea. But it's a japanese brand and just a toy... 

I’m sorry that I’m kinda late to this thread, but it’s interesting to see everyone’s opinions!

I would really enjoy the characters being genderless! Although I do like the marriage feature... :(

I think that the characters should have been genderless from the start. I do like that some tamas are more feminine and some more masculine; I feel like I can relate to the characters more!

(I’m weird, I know. I don’t need to be reminded uwu.)

I should have said "Connexion" rather than "Connection" in my first reply. Apperantly the Connexion says "style" while the Connection says "gender". Did they actually change the way breeding works in the Connexion as well? Maybe that's why I remembered them being genderless.

honestly bringing realistic reproductive processes into the conversation
Just because it's gender-based doesn't mean it's realistic; the fact that they both bring their own egg home kinda implies the male one also gets pregnant, which does indeed make you wonder what role their gender plays at all... Though the Connection v5 gives you 6 eggs in total (3 per caretaker), so maybe the female one just lays multiple, but I like that idea way less than each playing an equal part.

i'm uncomfortable with correlating gender with reproductive characteristics as a transgender person anyways
That's the only concrete thing gender means, though. I hope you're not hurting yourself too much by associating so much more with it.

I think that the characters should have been genderless from the start. I do like that some tamas are more feminine and some more masculine; I feel like I can relate to the characters more!

(I’m weird, I know. I don’t need to be reminded uwu.)
Thanks to m!xing you sometimes encounter feminine-looking tamagotchi's who are actually male and masculine-looking tamagotchi's who are actually female in the Meets Park, which I actually kinda like because it makes you wonder why we associate random things like eyes with a gender.

Yeah, I see literally no reason why not, as Izzyd07 said in their original post. The removal of gender would work fine as well.

What I was really baffled by in this thread was so many people's insistence that doing something like this would cause some sort of weird controversy, and in particular the claims that LGBT people are not "a problem" (?!?) in Japan. If anyone would like some evidence (albeit anecdotal) that this would not be any sort of issue: the new harvest moon friends of mineral town remake, a cutesy farming life sim, for all ages, allows the player character to marry any of the eligible bachelors or bachelorettes regardless of the character's gender. That, and a hundred other examples of LGBT representation in Japanese media.

I don't think Bandai would receive any backlash.

I thought about this earlier because I was wondering why I couldn't marry my Lovelitchi to Cherritchi before I realised we were both female :lol:  I'm not sure if it'll become an added feature but hey, I never thought colour tamagotchis and character mixing would be either! :D

Edit. I actually only read the first page of the thread before replying because the forum lagged a lot. I see that many people addressed the "m!x problem", so I guess I repeated a lot here

My first thought was "I just don't care, and I've never even thought about this before (even though it bothers me in many other franchises!)", but then I remembered two things.

First, it was honestly kind of inconvenient and annoying when I played my m!x. I'd get 10 girls in a row even though I was just trying to get the genetics of one of the female tamagotchi into my family tree.
These new generations were games where you got a lot of your fun out of breeding your tamagotchi to look a certain way, and this ended up being kind of frustrating because it just randomly limited your choice in partners.
It didn't help that the female characters all shared a similar aesthetic, as did the male characters; what I'm saying is, if you wanted a sparkly glittery aesthetic in your family tree, you had to marry one of the female tamas.
In a game like this, I think magic items to increase your chance of getting a boy next (or something) would be quite nice. Obviously, removing the "hetero restriction" would have also solved this problem.
I feel like the gender was actually already a pretty unnecessary stat in the m!x... since your character always ended up with very androgynous designs. You could breed female Mametchis as well. I don't think it affected anything else either, like behaviour? Just restricting who you can marry.

I also do think that the "caring for your tamagotchi" mechanics have been a little lacking, so perhaps I focused on the breeding aspect a lot more than might have been intended. But that is another topic.

The second thing is that Tamagotchi are very humanoid; I've still been treating them like pets a lot, but really, they are just full-fledged people now. Have been for a long time.
Would be funny if your characters could randomly turn out bi or gay, and refuse to marry the partners you suggest if they are not the right gender. lol. Not saying this is a good idea, giving your tamagotchi such fleshed out personalities and lives that they can even have sexualities.. I feel it would just be a different game at this point.  :tarakotchi:  I think this is also why I didn't feel there was a need for this; tamagotchi aren't even fleshed out enough to have a straight personality (sounds so weird) right now.
Well,  the best way to implement this now is probably to just remove the gender stat. Like I said, I think it is not even affecting anything anymore, really?...

If they remove stats, just how they removed weight, it would be cool to introduce a new stat "to make up for it"; so your tama is still as "unique, fleshed out" as before, if that makes any sense.

I feel like the gender was actually already a pretty unnecessary stat in the m!x... since your character always ended up with very androgynous designs.
That's thé best answer. Why dis they put gender if boy Can Wear dress. At first i thought it was a bug. But no. Gender are unusefull.

Seems unneeded for a childrens virtual-pet game, and the image you are showing is an older device, so how will they add it to your device? 

Honestly, I dont see why so many people are having an issue with something as small as same gender marriage and breeding in Tamagotchis.  

Like, really, what difference will it make in gameplay besides being just that much more diverse?  If it's implemented, you dont have to take advantage of it?

Personally, I'd love it!  I was actually just thinking about this yesterday.  Though, honestly, it was mainly because there was a tama I saw that I wanted my girl to breed with, but come to find out it was another girl.  They would have made beautiful babies ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back