Scary Call..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteDancingBailey

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was home alone, when the phone rang, so I answered it. When I answered it went like this.

Me:Hello.

Person on other end:*whispers* You're..Doomed...

I freaked out! I could here people playing and laughing in the background, and it sounded like it was at the game that my family was at. So I called my mom, and told her and she told my dad. Then he told her to go home so I wouldn't be alone, and I took the phone with a cord on it, through the backdoor, and shut the door on the cord. Yes, I was scared enough not to go get a cordless phone. So I wouldn't let my mom hang up on me, I was crying and scared. Then when she got home, we went and got the called ID phone and looked at the number that called me. The area code said "613", so we looked up where that zip code was from online, and it was from some place called something like.."Ottawa, Canada." I was all releived that it came from Canada, but still scared. So we called the number back and it was some voice recording that said, "Hello, you jhave registered online to start your own home buisness," so we hung up. But I coukld sware that when they called they whispered "You're Doomed." So now I'm paranoid and will NOT be left home alone, and won't answer the phone unless I see whose calling on caller ID. What should I do?!

*EDIT: I'm very very paranoid at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.*

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the province of Ontario. The code 613 is in Ottawa and area. I'm in the 519 area code. It's annoying because I have to put 519 then the phone number for local calls :p

Sure, make sure you take precaution, but don't let it stop you from living your life. ;] Most likely it was just a prankster who thinks he is funny. It's normal to be freaked, but will freaking out about it do anything for you besides makeing everything even worse? No, even if it was/is a real threat worrying about it wouldn't do anything for 'ya.

I'd say just talk to your parents about it. Maybe if you are scared at night you can turn on a night light so you can see everything in the room if you needed to but it's not so bright you can't fall asleep-there's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you know whose calling before you anwer it from now on. ;]

Sure, make sure you take precaution, but don't let it stop you from living your life. ;] Most likely it was just a prankster who thinks he is funny. It's normal to be freaked, but will freaking out about it do anything for you besides makeing everything even worse? No, even if it was/is a real threat worrying about it wouldn't do anything for 'ya.
I'd say just talk to your parents about it. Maybe if you are scared at night you can turn on a night light so you can see everything in the room if you needed to but it's not so bright you can't fall asleep-there's nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you know whose calling before you anwer it from now on. ;]
I know, it shouldn't stop me from anything. ANd so far it hasn't except for me sleeping at night, and me not being able to be alone in a room at night. *Other than when I try to sleep*

I'm surely gonna know whose calling from now on, thanks. :p

I know, it shouldn't stop me from anything. ANd so far it hasn't except for me sleeping at night, and me not being able to be alone in a room at night. *Other than when I try to sleep*I'm surely gonna know whose calling from now on, thanks. :p
No prob.

Maybe make yourself a little more comfortable in your room at night for a bit. If it doesn't disturb your sleep pattern or anything, maybe turn some music on- or even better a fan [when you play music, sometimes you concentrate on it which doesn't exactly help getting to sleep, but with a fan it's just a little more noise so you don't hear little sounds like the floors creaking or the air conditioning turning on and your mind doesn't natualy want to concentrate on that noise].

Could be a prankster who typed in any random number.

My friend did that once by typing in a bunch of numbers on his cell and someone actually picked up. Then he said Woop and hung up.

It's okay, if you heard laughing in the background and other people, it's probably a prank call or a person from Canada (lol). I wouldn't worry if I were you. I did a prank call b4 and I reached a Spanish company and they said "Hola?" and other Sapnish words and I hung up. they called back and I said "Hola!" And hung up. my friends and I were laughing! Don't worry!

-Leah

yeah good point more than likelly a stupid prank caller i hate it when that happens some dude called my phone like a week ago or so and he said you will die in two hours and i just hung up on him and ran to my room and said to myself stupid prank caller!

I live in the province of Ontario. The code 613 is in Ottawa and area. I'm in the 519 area code. It's annoying because I have to put 519 then the phone number for local calls ^_^
Yeah we had to start doing that too.

Tama w/pants made a good point not to let this effect your life. Just be cautious now, it's just a phone call. Funny thing is night before I had a bad dream that some creep called my number.

Might have been me, I do prank calls... ^_^

One time my friends and I prank phoned someone, and they phoned back saying "Did you just prank phone here?" and I said "Ya.. I mean NO!". It was hilarious

Another story: I heard about an old lady that got prank phoned by people and they said "We have your family, give us money or we'll kill them.." and she was so scared that she had a heart attack and died!

Anyways, don't let that call freak you out, just some losers (like me) trying to be funny.

That "somebody" is pulling your leg.

Two words: Prank call.

Immature people trying to scare the daylights out of you, probably.

Anyways, I live in Ontario, Canada. (Just moved back :) )

The dial number is 905 here...

Ottawa is around 4 hours away.

Don't let those kids get you down. ;)

-Rachel♥

That "somebody" is pulling your leg.Two words: Prank call.

Immature people trying to scare the daylights out of you, probably.

Anyways, I live in Ontario, Canada. (Just moved back :) )

The dial number is 905 here...

Ottawa is around 4 hours away.

Don't let those kids get you down. ;)

-Rachel♥
My area code is 416 ;) just to let you know.

Ottawa is 3 hours away. But yeah, don't worry about it, many of us have those fears(as myself afraid of being kidnapped during the night :) ) we all don't know what to do. Heres something. Get as much advice as possible B)

Here's something to remind you:

A prank call, also known as a crank call, hoax call, phony call, or phony phone call is a form of practical joke committed over the telephone. As with all practical jokes, prank calls are generally done for humorous effect, though there is a thin line between humor and harassment, and the person receiving the call may not find it funny. Prank phone calls began to gain a nationwide following over a period of many years, as they gradually became a staple of the obscure and amusing cassette tapes traded amongst musicians, sound engineers, and media traders beginning in the late 1970s. Among the most famous and earliest recorded prank calls are the Tube Bar tapes which centered around Louis "Red" Deutsch, and the Lucius Tate phone calls. Comedian Jerry Lewis was an incorrigible phone prankster, and recordings of his hijinks, dating from the 1960s and possibly earlier, still circulate throughout the country to this day.

Even very prominent people have fallen victim to prank callers, as for example Queen Elizabeth II, who was fooled by Canadian DJ Pierre Brassard posing as Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien, asking her to record a speech in support of Canadian unity ahead of the 1995 Quebec referendum. Two other particularly famous examples of prank calls were made by the Miami-based radio station Radio El Zol. In one, they telephoned Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez and spoke to him, pretending to be Cuban president Fidel Castro.

So if you need help, somebody's there.

Look that number up on Google. I do that for ALL Of my unwanted calls.

More than likely it will come up on a search of junk calls.

You can then tell the sites about your experience with that caller.

Even if it was a business, sometimes the people who work in the call out centers are major jerks.

Don't let it get to you.

I never answer the phone unless a person or number comes up that I know. I just don't see the point.

I'm not so worried anymore, I'm just afraid they'll call back and make me cry again. I hate it when they whisper or say something creepy on prank calls. Other thigns are okay, but whispering creepy things just makes me cry.

And Mothra, I will try that. Thanks!

- I just tryed the looking up the number thing on google. It came back with many different things, only one related to my problem with them. They harrassed one girl, and they call very often to her. They haven't called me back since I hung up, and I'm afraid they will. On other things it says "These people are scammers, and they keep calling six times a day. I asked them to take me off of their list, yet they keep calling. This start six months ago." and things like that.

[SIZE=12pt]It was probably just a prank call. A bunch of my friends make calls like that with phones in phone booths and stuff, so they won't get identified with CallerID. They record the phone numbers off those 'Lost Pet' posters and stuff and calls the number saying, 'I found your dog' and then immediately hangs up afterwards. It's mean, but it's sort of funny. :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

Anyway, it's probably that sort of call. You shouldn't get scared. People like doing all sorts of things to get a good laugh. Don't let it bother you. After all, it's stupid (even though my friends do it too...).

Out of curiosity, cutedancingbailey... what is the number? I want to google it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back