Scholastic Book Club Tama Copy!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend ella thought that it was the stupidest fake ever, but her mom thought it was real, and since she had wanted one for a while, her mom bought it. It's usess, has no instructions, and when she droped it, it cracked open... talk about crap... :blink:
mine came with instructions B)

makes me sick to see how popular tamagotchi's are, and to see that other companies try to make their own versions of tamagotchi, and they are really a piece of crap.

i boght that (its on its way now ) i want to see how (and if) it works
worked for 2 weeks needed new bateries put new in and it broke :angry:

It doesn't say anything on the packaging (from what I can see) that makes any claims that it's a real tam. There's nothing wrong with this sort of "copying;" look at the countless other virtual pets for sale. They are (mostly) legitimate businesses trying to emulate something incredibly popular (the tamagotchi) so they can get a share of the fruitful Virtual Pet market.
it comes wraped in FLIMSY BUBBLE WRAP

makes me sick to see how popular tamagotchi's are, and to see that other companies try to make their own versions of tamagotchi, and they are really a piece of crap.
Well that is what a lot of companies do.Copies don't sell as much as a real thing though.

you can't stop people from making fakes or copies, i know it might be anoying them getting broken so my advice is to buy the real tamas,

THEY RULE :huh:

It looks fake aswell, and i think putting the reset button there is a very bad idea, someone's little brother or sister could just prod it and 'ping' there goes your fake tama charcter!!!

Hope i helped, and have a great tama-talking day!!!

I got that in my book order. Sure, it looks pretty cheap (no offense, Scholastic), but that doesn't make it a "fake tama". Check this out:

A Fake Tama Is...

A virtual pet that claims to be a tamagotchi, but looks nothing like the Bandai one nor is created by Bandai.

A Regular Virtual Pet (which some refer to as a "fake tamagotchi" that really isn't one) Is...

A virtual pet that does not claim to be a tamagotchi, but is similar. It may or may not be by Bandai, but everyone has a right to make and sell their own version of tamagotchis. If they call it a tamagotchi, that's plagerism (the stole the name from Bandai). That would be like if Shining Stars called their pets Webkinz, which would be palgerism from Ganz.

I hope this cleared up some confusion.

I got that in my book order. Sure, it looks pretty cheap (no offense, Scholastic), but that doesn't make it a "fake tama". Check this out:
A Fake Tama Is...

A virtual pet that claims to be a tamagotchi, but looks nothing like the Bandai one nor is created by Bandai.

A Regular Virtual Pet (which some refer to as a "fake tamagotchi" that really isn't one) Is...

A virtual pet that does not claim to be a tamagotchi, but is similar. It may or may not be by Bandai, but everyone has a right to make and sell their own version of tamagotchis. If they call it a tamagotchi, that's plagerism (the stole the name from Bandai). That would be like if Shining Stars called their pets Webkinz, which would be palgerism from Ganz.

I hope this cleared up some confusion.
Thank you for bring back the sanity ;) I was about to say something myself.

Just because its a copy of the Tamagotchi doesn't make it fake. I have played with a few other non-tamagotchi v pets and have liked and hated different ones. The Scholastic Virtual Pet sound pretty cheapy made though.

We have a rule in our home: if the Scholastic Book comes with something (like a toy) then we don't order it, because likely the book isn't very good.
Same here.

XD I am glad that there are other people who have that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back