Science VS. Religion.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Science or Relgion?

• Science

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Religion

• Neither

• What?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Summer*

Reaction score
If there is any flaming whatsoever I will request this to be closed.

OK, I based this ins a Simpsons episode.

So... Science or Religion?

I pick science because I don't really belive in God... Or a God.

Oh My this topic couldn't be harder for me since I believe in God with all my heart. I mean 100% I believe.

But the job I want, Equine (horse) Vet is purley science. I'm really stuck

anyway so that's my opinion

I see no reason why religion and science can't co-exist. I am not at all religious, and believe fully in science, but I don't think that the two have to contradict each other.

Potbellypanda - Your belief in God really shouldn't go against vetenary science. Just because you are religious, it shouldn't mean that you have to shun science completely. If you want to care for and treat horses, isn't that a good thing that God would approve of? If medical science is helping people, and curing ailments, surely that can only be a positive thing?

I think that people who are religious should be able to appreciate aspects of science. Obviously, there are things like stem cell research which have obvious moral objections, and I understand (and agree, to some extent) the reasons why that would conflict with your beliefs, but there are parts of science which pose no harm or threat to life on earth.

Science, I think. The most probable reason for science now growing more than religion, is that science is more believable. I mean, if you had grown up thinking that everything was down to evolution (and even those who didn't), nature and life taking it's own course is more believable than someone more important than all of us who created everything. I'm not against religion or Gods of any kind, I just find it hard to grasp. :D

I picked religion. I believe in god, and without god being here, we wouldn't be born, or TamaTalk wouldn't even be born.

//Tama*Lover

Thank you for the replies!

And science and reilgion don't have to contradict eachother.

People who pick science can be reiligous (SP?) too just maybe they belive that God isn't the higher power.

Oh well...

There's no option for middle ground, neutrality if you will. So I'm going neutral all the way baby! ;)

I love that episosode ;)

Religion ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Science. I have alot of morals though. I don't think just because you are not religious you should give up in morals, too. :/

Well I'd say both. I strongly believe in God and science is learning about things and finding way to make our world better and know more about it.

But sometimes it's very weird to think about how God made everything, and you stand there for a minute thinking "Where would I be if I wasn't born? What was I doing?" kinda thing. Of course I still believe, but it's just so weird to think.

And science, can everything in this world really be discovered? Can all this information scientists discover really be true?

I don't know, religion or science? I say both.

I am DEFINITELY not religious. I do not believe in God AT ALL, I never have and I never will. God to me makes no sense. No offense to anyone at all, though. ;) A lot of people at my school (which is a Catholic school, but you can go to it if you aren't Catholic) try to convert me, which makes me want to convert less and less. I'm not a religion, and when people say "Oh, but you're an Athiest" they are wrong. Athiesm isn't just "Not believing in God," it's other things. There aren't many TRUE Athiests in the world... And I am not one! :)

♪~tk710

Science. It's more believable now that we know things. When we didn't have very good research and science, we needed religion. It explained things. Now, we already know how most of those things happened. (Evolution, big bang, etc.)

I do think religion is good for most of it's moral values though.

none of my family members are big on religeon. heres something my dad told me just a few hours ago: "theres more evidence of evolution in museums then there is evidence of abraham lincoln being president. but we all ACCEPT the fact that abraham lincoln was president."

you know, its kind of like a multiple choice test that nobody studied for. you look at that irksome question and think 'well, the answer is in here SOMEWHERE' and you dont dare hit that 'none of the above' choice.

I find science fascinating and believeable, despite some of the things it leaves unexplained. I love it, but unfortunately my last few years I have been plagued by uninspiring science teachers. however, I have my own qualms with religion. So many of my peers attempt to force it upon me and whatnot as I try and find what I believe in, that it's very hard for me to not dislike the idea of religion. I do not believe in most of the bible, and at this point don't really know what to believe in other than facts illustrated by science.

Science makes more sense and does well to explain phenomenas as opposed to just saying things are the way they are because a god said so. That's really it for me.

I think this is about right:

Science. It's more believable now that we know things. When we didn't have very good research and science, we needed religion. It explained things. Now, we already know how most of those things happened. (Evolution, big bang, etc.)
I do think religion is good for most of it's moral values though.

Science, I'm atheist, no offense to those who believe, but I have never felt right being religious. I do have strong morals though.. Just don't believe theres a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back