Screw sizes?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cutefuzz

Reaction score
What sizes are the screws?

I lost both screws on my Angel a long time ago and ever since I've been holding the back together with a piece of tape.

I'd like to know what size I need before I just go into a hardware/jewelry store and end up buying some screws that don't fit.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know the numbers or anything like that, but if you go to places that have a vision center, like WalMart, and buy one of those glasses repair kits with screws in them, those will typically fit for the Angels.

+' timestamp='1288618157' post='3033280']That's strange ! I know that newer models use size 1 screws, so maybe the more vintage models use size 0 screws?

I'll see if I can look this up. :)
From what I've observed, the newer models do use a bigger screw and there is typically only one holding the battery cover intact. The vintage Tamagotchis use 2 screws and they are smaller (about the size of the ones found in eyeglasses repair kits).

@cutefuzz: you don't really need to go to an expensive hardware store or jeweler just to get these screws. Try places like WalMart or Target, where they offer inexpensive options, giving you more room to experiment with different screw sizes if you choose(and not have to pay a lot for it :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back