Shaving/Other Hair Removal.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't started shaving yet, but I think I should. My leg hairs are kind of light, but I dunno.

I heard that when you shave, the hair grows back thicker? (Or is that when you cut your hair?)

My leg hair is very light, so I only need to shave that a couple of times a week. I don't use anything except a razor and water, and I've never yet cut myself, though I've been shaving for around a year or so.

I shave my armpits every couple of days - it's not too bad there, and my armpits don't get seen on a daily basis [uniform covers up underarms]. I've never shaved the bikini area in my life. That just needs a little trimming when I wear a bathing suit, but I can't be bothered with perfecting it. It's not like I'm sexually active or anything.

Well. Now you know all my shaving habits.

Do you guys think I should try waxing my armpits? I'm thinking about trying it, because shaving leaves stubble. I heard it was painful, but I'm pretty tolerant of pain, that shouldn't be a problem.

Veet is fine for my legs, but anywhere else, it burns.

Oh, and something slightly on topic: My sister is getting armpit hair. She wears tank tops a lot, that's how I noticed. I told her that you're supposed to shave that. But she's rebelling against me, by not shaving that furry mess under her arm. I told mom, and she tried to convince her, but she just won't shave. Ehh, she'll get over it eventually.

Do you guys think I should try waxing my armpits? I'm thinking about trying it, because shaving leaves stubble. I heard it was painful, but I'm pretty tolerant of pain, that shouldn't be a problem.
It depends if the stubble is noticable or bothers you. You wear tank tops a lot [stalker moment] so it would probably be worth it. If you've got smooth-shaven armpits, flaunt them. xDD

If you don't care about the pain, then I think it would be the best alternative to shaving, and although I've never tried it, I'd recommend it anyway.

And this Veet stuff everybody talks about sounds really interesting. Is it, like, hair removal cream?

It comes in many forms, but yes it is. You just rub it on, and then rinse it off. That easy. (There are other ways of using it, depending on what kind you buy, but it's basically the same concept.)

I shave my legs. But since its winter no one sees them so they get terribly hairy over winter.

I amazingly haven't got armpit hair. Like none at all ever. But I'm not complaining about that!

As for bikini line/area. I don't do that because I don't need to. + Everyone who's ever admitted to me they have they said all it did was itch and grow back prickly. So if I had to I'd wax.

Veet is fine for my legs, but anywhere else, it burns.

Oh, and something slightly on topic: My sister is getting armpit hair. She wears tank tops a lot, that's how I noticed. I told her that you're supposed to shave that. But she's rebelling against me, by not shaving that furry mess under her arm. I told mom, and she tried to convince her, but she just won't shave. Ehh, she'll get over it eventually.
Well, my friend WAXES her armpits, and well, they just grow waay more hairier, whereas I shave my armpits, and then forget about them for a while.

Waxing removes hair by the root - so normally the hair takes longer to grow back than with shaving with a razor.

I get my legs and underarms waxed in summer when they're more likely to be on public display than during winter!

I go to a salon. I don't like the home wax strips.

It's more expensive at a salon but they do a better job than I could at home and a professional leg wax lasts a lot longer - I don't have to get my legs waxed again for, oh, at least 6-8 weeks (that varies from person to person - everyone's hair grows at different rates).

Obviously shaving is a much cheaper option and if you are not earning then it's probably a necessity for most ppl :(

Personally I really appreciate not having the hassle of having to shave my legs in the shower every other morning :p

Just as an aside, I'm not sure what relevance getting your bikini line waxed (or shaving your bikini line) has with being sexually active... :p

I've had my bikini line waxed before a vacation because I don't want my hair to show below my swim suit. It has nothing to do with being sexually active XD

^Um I think it does, since er... people get down there....and they prefer it without the hassle of hair...O:
You KNOW what I MEAN! xDD
Maybe "bikini line" means something different in the States... (although Esther is English...).

In the UK it means only removing the hair that would show / that grows outside the area of your knickers or bikini bottoms.

If you are talking about removing all hair down there - that's not what I call the "bikini line" - that's what I call a "brazillian".

I'm surprised you guys feel it's necessary if you are sexually active! :D

(Most guys really aren't picky about hair or no hair - they just want sex...) :(

Maybe "bikini line" means something different in the States... (although Esther is English...).
Yes, but I have been living in the States long enough to be corrupted with these American phrases, and I'm now familiar with most of them.

Dove and other beauty product commercials pressure alot of girls (and boys) today. I have short blonde leg and armhair so I don't shave, but even if I had alot of hair I still wouldn't shave either because I don't need to be pretty for people to like me (and if they do like me for that they are not my kind of friends) also if you shave your legs it grows back faster with even more hair. My mom never shaved her legs and by the time she was 20 all the hair on her legs and arms were gone.

... also if you shave your legs it grows back faster with even more hair. My mom never shaved her legs and by the time she was 20 all the hair on her legs and arms were gone.
It really does depend on genetics and ethnicity too.

Some people and some races are simply more hairy than others.

Some ppl's hair grows back more quickly than others.

Some ppl's hair is dark enough for them to feel self concious about it in front of others.

It's not just beauty products "pressurising" you into shaving - I think its mainly wise cracks about hairy legs from thoughtless people too - not friends - but a mean comment about your ugly body hair is pretty hard to shrug off and can really affect your self esteem.

Eh, my mom told me I needed to start shaving (legs and underarms). So, we talked about it, and I think I am starting on the pits this week. I don't see a point, my hair under there is blonde, but she "saw a couple dark hairs".

D:<

But, whatever, at this point.

Only when my hair on my legs became visible...

I think when I was 12-13. :angry:

My parents didn't care at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back