Shiba Inu or Beagle?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamachat234

Reaction score
So my mom has planned to get a a dog but the problem is deciding what breed we want.

I want a Shiba Inu, they are very cute and small. Shiba Inu: https://juth.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/shibainu.jpg

My mom wants a Beagle, a common dog breed. Beagle: https://www.delmarvaparanormal.com/images/beagle.jpg (If these links don't work, tell me. And I don't own these pics or used permission. Where else can I get pics? :p )

I dislike Beagles... I find them ugly... Shiba Inu's are so cute especially the black ones...

And also, my mom doesn't like Shiba Inu's because they tend to shed a lot. (What's the point of a dog? They all shed some hairs, right? -_- )

So I want to ask you fellow TamaTalkers.

Which breed is best? Opinions? Other breeds we should think about?

AND WE WANT A FULL BRED DOG. Not a mixed. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't get a mix, I say Shiba Inu. I have an American Eskimo, and he sheds A LOT. You kinda get used to it after a while, so it doesn't really matter xD I think beagles have more of a vicious nature [correct me if I'm wrong] because they were originally bred to be hunting dogs.

I used to have two Beagles, but they both died in really bad ways ;~;

I'd say both breeds are pretty good, but I dunno which one would be better for you =P

If you want a dog that doesnt die fast then pick Beagle. They also bark when somebody they dont know comes. They are a good watch dogs. As for Shiba Inu. Well they scare me. I think they are little tiny wolves. xD

Hey Bryant :)

Out of those two breeds I prefer the Shiba Inu,

literally everybody in my neighborhood owns a Beagle.

Beagles are really good guard dogs (as someone said above) and bark at any unknown sound or person.

Trust me, after a while you'll get pi**ed. Especially when they bark at night.

Hmm, other breeds. Well it depends what size of dog you're looking for.

(take into consideration dogs may start out small but they could grow up to be the size of a horse ;D)

German Sheaperds (sp?) have always been my favorite but they grow up to be quite large.

My Uncle has Beagles.

I can't pick because I never had a Shiba Inu

Out of them I would say a Beagle. :mellow:

But I voted other breeds, because I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and he is a very good watch dog [but small] and very lively.

Beagle, duh! REASONS: (I know these because me and my family own 3 beagles, and 9 at the same time once.)

lack of shedding

lives long (Brittany lived to be 18 human years. That's nearly 136 dog years. O:)

when they have their "doggy period" it goes on in slow, small drops.

They don't always bark. It depends on what their personality is. (Norman never barks. EVER! But Abby barks at her own shadow!)

They are loyal animals. (Alli ALWAYS knows when I'm sad, and just sits there with me. Other breeds WILL tackle you.)

They have a wide variety of looks. Light White Brown and you've shown a "dark" picture at the top post.

Even at full grown, they're not heavy. So if you must carry it somewhere, that's not a big problem.

They don't grow to be very big. (Alli is around the size of a German shepherd's head) And that's full grown.

They aren't a bother. Most of the time, they like to sit and relax, or -yes,- watch TV.

Yes, they're a common dog. But there IS a reason it's the only dog in the top 10 popular dog list since 1920-something! Because they're a d*mn great dog!

EDIT: And whoever said they bark at night, it's VERY rare if they do, because they're (in bed?) sleeping!

God, don't get a beagle. I have one. Their charming traits include smelling (a lot,) barking (constantly,) and they are complete food mongers. You will regret the day you ever allowed that thing in your house.

^Nuh-uh. I have 3 beagles, and they don't sniff. (My dogs sniff LESS than any dog I know), they rarely bark, and they don't require a lot of food. I have 3x more beagles than you, and 3x less the sniffing, barking, and food comsuming.

Yes, they will tend to bark at their own shadow sometimes, but it doesn't take much to shut them up. If you get a beagle, then you will not regret it. They're comedians in their own special way. The playfull little things that don't take much to make happy.

Maybe the reason Nazzpullerxbam said that they bark a lot, is because she/he has one. If you're getting beagles, get 2. They'll keep themselves company, so they won't be in-your-face.

Take it from me. The #1-beagle-fan-of-the-world.

Beagles SOOO PWN shiba inus.

By the way, you said you wanted a full bred dog, but actually, mixes tend to be healthier and live longer, and are less lkely to have diseases for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back