Shining stars: The new webkinz?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds pretty cool. But they look like a knock-off on webkinz.

Maybe.. but actually Russ has been in the toy industry for much longer than Ganz.

They are very soft too! My bf has a dragon to match my cream bunny.^^

The star think on the paw is a bit of a copy,

but I don't blame them. Their just trying to make what sells best and that bis webkinz.

I even found this on an un-official website: This *is not* some cheap Webkinz copy. I wouldn't sell them if it was!

Russ has created a truly amazing concept with the Shining Stars; For each Star friend purchased Russ will donate to the Starlight, Starbright Foundation and that's not all...

I even found this on an un-official website: This *is not* some cheap Webkinz copy. I wouldn't sell them if it was!Russ has created a truly amazing concept with the Shining Stars; For each Star friend purchased Russ will donate to the Starlight, Starbright Foundation and that's not all...
also:

As each player makes Glow Points by playing various games and activities, they don't spend them on items, they actually donate them to the Starlight, Starbright Foundation for which in turn Russ will donate *real* money. This is an incredible opportunity for entertainment as well as to teach children the value of giving to others who are in need. This will instill a sense that they are doing more then just playing a game, but actually helping someone! In turn more and more areas of Shining Stars Web World will open up to the player the more they donate!

Teachers; this is a better teaching tool/class pet then a Webkinz! Why? You can give your class a set amount of points that need to be made in order to be donated per week/month as a goal. At the end of the year you can then tally up how much has been donated to Starlight, Starbright by the class!

It will also tie in nicely with any astronomy or even history lessons - hold a class discussion/dialogue to pick out which constellation their Star will live in then learn about that solar system or who historically named the constellation and why! This is great even into Middle and High School ages - give each class period it's own Shining Star and have them compete to see who can donate the most. It's way more rewarding then saving up for a "Rare Item."

I LOVE the cream bear and the honey bear! The penguin and owl are extra cute aswell!

Bad news. These things are hotter than webkinz! They'll be very hard to find...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back