Shots x.x

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*CjPirate*

Reaction score
IThe 6th graders have to get shots today at school to protect myself from 2 diseases. I know that shots don't feel painful but I'm feeling a bit jittery :[. When I was a baby I got a shot to protect myself from chicken pox and I didn't even flinch. What is wrong with me?!?! :[

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, I hate them too.

Though I have not had them for quite a few years now.

This is making me scared.

I can't stand those things.

Just think to yourself that you'd much rather have the shot than be infected with a horrible disease of some sort. Bring something that comforts you--e.g. a toy, lollipop, etc.. xD And if they're not painful in your opinion, why worry? 8D It'll be over in a blink of an eye. :)

I personally love getting needles. They don't bother me at all. Just remember, three seconds, and you are protected for life from an illness. ;D

I had one last month, and another next week.

Don't worry, they aren't a big deal. They don't even hurt. I know everyone says that, but honestly, it's the truth. :)

I don't have a phobia of needles, but I do blood. So I do get pretty freaked out when I need shots. :I

I got three a few weeks ago when I was at the doctor. Chicken pox, Tetanus, and Meningitis. They. Hurt. So. Bad. I wanted to slap the nurse. xDD Ohdear.

I hate shots too. I had to get a Hepatitis A vaccination yesterday. Close your eyes, look the other way, and think of happy thoughts. Or you can open your eyes and look at a poster and focus on that. Whatever works better for you. Before you know it, it'll be over. One in five children get a sore arm after and I think I'm one of them - mine felt heavy. But don't worry, the heaviness goes away the more you move your arm. If you even get heaviness. Good luck with your future shots :)

Shots are not very huge for me.

The last set of shots I remember getting was when I was about 5. Sure, I cried. I was 5 XD

I had alot of teeth pulled and had tons of novicane shots. The needles never really scared me.

My advice is just not to look at it.

I got them last yeaar. Almost fainted for the first round because I didnt eat breakfast, and got the cancer shot. Other times I was fine.

I've had over 17 shots in my whole life :D

Needles? No thanks.

I hate getting shots. Mum's trying to pay me to get the cancer one. $50 a pop. Still not getting it.

They make my arms feel dead just thinking about them.

But the ones at the dentist in the gum are fun. I actually enjoy them.

I've actually never had a problem with shots. I kinda liked watching the blood get sucked up into the little tube thingy. xD

But if you're feeling jumpy, maybe have one of your friends go with you if they are allowed? Or follow Ksenia's advice about taking something that will comfort you. Shots are over in a matter of seconds. It's just a little pinch and then *done* ;]

Just think of all the millions of kids who get it, and it won't do anything bad to you. It's like 'nothing' and you'll be fine ;]

though I should really consider taking my own advice. :S I chicken out on all my shots at school and convince my parents that the nurses that do it do a poor job and that they should give it to me themselves. But they always forget.. ._. so I really need to get updated on my flu shots. Don't take me as an example.

I really hope you were okay. :eek:

Oddly enough, I had a HPV/Cervical Cancer Vaccine yesterday, and I hope you didn't worry about it.. I nearly worried about mine 'cause of something on the news, but once that was resolved, I was fine. However, I was reminded of just how gullible I am since the nurse giving me it didn't tell me that she was putting it in as she was talking and I only knew this when I felt it puncture my skin and felt like thinking some nasty words(Not at her, though, at the needle.), especially when I felt the liquid itself go in and wanted to yank my arm away. She also seemed to be doing it in a way that I couldn't see it. I was probably one of the only girls who didn't complain about it, but my arm was a bit sore later and I felt dizzy for an hour after I had it and nearly fainted (embarrassing) for some reason(My friend's sister wasn't so lucky - she actually did faint after I nearly did).

Tama :D Phantom

^ Are you on about the girl that died after having the jab?

I was extremly worried before getting my first HPV jab. Seriously. I was about to cry and I was shaking like mad. Everything was okay though. My advice on jabs (even though you've already had it xP):

Look away. Unless you're one of those people that has to know what's going on

Talk to the person giving you the jab. If there's anything you're worried about tell them. They're mostly very comforting, because they have given many peopole jabs and calmed them down. Talk about what you like doing, or something like that. It'll be over before you know it

Move your arm about lots after your jab. It'll stop aching quicker.

So there you go :p

I actually can't wait till my next jab. The liquid going into my arm felt funny. The good way, not the weird way xD It was awesome

Aha, When I got my HPV one the nurse started talking to me and then my friend came I looked at her and she just stuck it in. I didnt even notice.. It dosnt hurt at all. But I felt a little scared before it too.

Shots don't really bother me anymore. I get one every three months, so I'm just used to them. Some hurt, some don't. Depends on what they're for and where they go.

After the MMR in 6th grade they haven't really bothered me, lol. The Guardasil(sp) shots weren't exactly fun though >.<

Random, but my mom got her first ever flu shot and got an allergic reaction to it o.o

I don't like certain kinds of shots :S I forgot the name of the one that hurt like heck though ...

Anybody's school giving those nasal flu vaccination things ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back