Should I?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix666

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a girl, but I'm a tomboy. Almost every T-shirt in the girls section of the shop is frilly, pink or just plain "I'm so much of a girly-girly-girly girl, I love to buy make-up and do cheer-leading, and faint over Orlando Bloom!"

The T-shirts in the boys section, however are much better. my mum wants me to buy pink stuff, but I'd be happier with black and dark boyish colours.

Should i persuade my mum to buy me boys T-shirts? If so.... How?

Well maybe you should explain to here why you want boy shirts. But maybe you could buy a uni-sex shirt... Maybe you should find a girly shirt that's black or something. Like a black shirt with a bunny, makeup, or etc. Does that help? =\

Yeah do a mix,

50% girly

50% boyish

Or anything that's part girly and part boyish..

Or just find a girl shirt that isn't all girly, not every shirt is like that, maybe you should go to another shop, and keep digging through the girls section. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am a girl. But I use to be a tom-boy so bad!!!!!!! My mom hated it. At one point of that fase she was embarressed to be by me. And she wished I was a girly girl like I use to be. But that wasnt me. So I just told her. Mom this is who I am right now, its what I like. If you dont like it then dont do stuff like me. I am ur daughter love me for who I am. And u shouldnt be embarresed of me. But I bought some boy clothes (My mom hated it so bad!!) But most of my shirts were like plain colors red,black,orange,yellow,green,blue. But I did a mix too. But now I am girly girl tom boy. I am a mix. I love sports, to get dirty, and sometimes wear grungy clothes. But I also love animals, hot pink and lime green, I love to dance, I love lip gloss, I love to dress really cute, I love to paint nails. But I guess I am more of a sports girl thats cute. Because all the boys like me. But I would do a mix.

You can buy girls clothes that look like boys clothes.

Its up to you though, be who You want to be, Not who other people want you to be :)

Just explain to your mum you would rather have boyish clothes to pink girly clothes, im sure she will understand :(

Aimme

Ok, I'm a girl, but I'm a tomboy. Almost every T-shirt in the girls section of the shop is frilly, pink or just plain "I'm so much of a girly-girly-girly girl, I love to buy make-up and do cheer-leading, and faint over Orlando Bloom!"The T-shirts in the boys section, however are much better. my mum wants me to buy pink stuff, but I'd be happier with black and dark boyish colours.

Should i persuade my mum to buy me boys T-shirts? If so.... How?
Wow, I'm the exact same way. You should buy whatever you like. Don't let anybody tell you what to wear or buy. I'm not sure how old you are, but you are probably old enough to pick out your own clothes. I'm the same way, except I do wear make-up, but it's just black eyeliner. I don't put a crap load of lipstick on. If you want dark colored boy-ish clothes, go to Hot Topic. I'm kind of a tomboy and so are a few of my friends. All my tomboy friends shop at Hot Topic and other stores like that.

And if your mom tells you to get a shirt you don't like, just say "eww I don't like that shirt" or something like that. And then if you can, show her something you do like.

-C.M,

Ok, thanks. Next time I go shopping for clothes I'm gonna do those things. (>^.^)> <(^.^<) <(^.^)> ^(~.~)^ v(+.+)V

If you like the guy clothes get the guy clothes.

I personaly like guy shirts better too because they are looser and because of my small size I could fit into little girls clothes but definantly do not want to but I can't fit into alot of the clothes git for most normal girls my age.

Just balance it and tell your mom if you do or do not like something and why. ;]

I wear you could say 'girly clothes' because I like them, and they aren't all tight they vary.

You could have a mix of clothes. Some boyish clothes and some girlish clothes [obviously ones you like] and that will make you & your mum happy. Your mum probably just wants you to stay her 'little' girl and for you to dress how she wants you to, but she'll realise eventually that your, your own person.

If you want dark colored girls clothes you could shop at Hot Topic if your mom will let you.

I personally love boys clothes XD They're so much more comfy than girl's clothes. A lot less clingy and it feels easier to breathe in them.

I don't know how you might persuade your mom though o.o' Maybe just start with baggier, darker clothes. Then get into boys clothes slowly. That's what I did.

I've been wearing more girl's clothes as of lately, but the majority of my wardrobe is black or a dark color. I only have 2 light colored shirts.

If you don't want to wear pink girly girl stuff, you don't have to. Talk it over with your mom, I'm sure you can work something out! And if she doesn't let you go totally away from girls clothes, compomise.

*sigh*

I can't believe that I'm hearing this. You are NOT a tom-boy. You are NOT a girly-girl.

There is no such thing. You guys are being so old fashion. I hate it when people give names to others because of they way they act.

You are a girl. So what if you like boy clothes and sports? Or don't like wearing make-up? Not all girls are 'ZOMG THATS SUCH A LOVELY PINK DRESS OH AND GUESS WHAT JAKE ASKED ME OUT TODAY CAUZ LIKE OMMGGGG HE'S SO FREAKING HOT YOU KNOW! THATS SUCH A CUTE SKIRT YOU SHOULD BUY IT GIRLFRIEND!'.

There is not a certain way boys have to act and a certain way girls have to act. Girls think they are tom-boys because they like the stuff boys like. So what? Your still a girl who just has the same intrests as some boys.

End of OrangePeel rant.

*sigh*
I can't believe that I'm hearing this. You are NOT a tom-boy. You are NOT a girly-girl.

There is no such thing. You guys are being so old fashion. I hate it when people give names to others because of they way they act.

You are a girl. So what if you like boy clothes and sports? Or don't like wearing make-up? Not all girls are 'ZOMG THATS SUCH A LOVELY PINK DRESS OH AND GUESS WHAT JAKE ASKED ME OUT TODAY CAUZ LIKE OMMGGGG HE'S SO FREAKING HOT YOU KNOW! THATS SUCH A CUTE SKIRT YOU SHOULD BUY IT GIRLFRIEND!'.

There is not a certain way boys have to act and a certain way girls have to act. Girls think they are tom-boys because they like the stuff boys like. So what? Your still a girl who just has the same intrests as some boys.

End of OrangePeel rant.
I applaud you for that.

*claps*

*sigh*

End of OrangePeel rant.
*Joins tamaw/pants*

Good point. Well you could point these type of things about us boys ^_^ . I've met tons of girls who doesn't always think about boys, and the way they look or the way other people look.

Everyone is different.
I was talking to her about some stuff, and she told me that useful sentence.

And not every boy is like

"I LIKE TO PLAY SPORTS, I'VE MET THIS FINE A** GIRL, SHE'S HOT, DO YOU THINK? MAN LOOK AT HER BUTT"

See that's how most boys act, but I'm not really like that..

And wearing dark clothes means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back