Should Smoking be illegal?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think it should be illegal since if it is many people might go to jail and i think it should be cuz its a health risk to everyone... even those whose just inhales the smoke from other people...

I think it should be illegal. I nealy lost my grand-aunt becuase her husband smoked.

Oh, and 19% percent of Global Warming is caused by smoking. People shouldn't be able to smoke anywhere. I believe it gets easier for people to quit. Stores stop selling cigarrettes. And that's that.

I think it should be illegal. I nealy lost my grand-aunt becuase her husband smoked. Oh, and 19% percent of Global Warming is caused by smoking. People shouldn't be able to smoke anywhere. I believe it gets easier for people to quit. Stores stop selling cigarrettes. And that's that.
*insert Ironhide facepalming*

It can't be illegal, just because you think it's "unhealthy".

Lets see.

If it was made illegal, then other "unhealthy things" should be illegal.

Such as...

Farting!

Fast Food!

Picking your nose!

Keepin' a healthy outlook!

Tooth Decay!

Nail bitting!

And the Global Warming thing is a scam. People can't stop something that easily that is addictn'.

Take away cancer sticks form people and they'd go AWOL!

Yeah. I mean, Global Warming-Carbon. But the problem is, people are on about 'OMFG CARBON FOOTPRINT LOLOLOLOL!!!11" when what you breath out, is carbon dioxide (I do believe...haven't refreshed in a while. carbon something whatever.), and as long as you have trees and/or plants, your set.

*insert Ironhide facepalming*
It can't be illegal, just because you think it's "unhealthy".

Lets see.

If it was made illegal, then other "unhealthy things" should be illegal.

Such as...

Farting!

Fast Food!

Picking your nose!

Keepin' a healthy outlook!

Tooth Decay!

Nail bitting!

And the Global Warming thing is a scam. People can't stop something that easily that is addictn'.

Take away cancer sticks form people and they'd go AWOL!
Geez. You don't have to be so rude. Im not a 5 year old.

I think smoking should be illegal. That's my opinion.

Geez. You don't have to be so rude. Im not a 5 year old. I think smoking should be illegal. That's my opinion.
You can't make something illegal, just because you think it's bad or you dislike it.

Have some common sense.

Back up your statement before saying something SHOULD be illegal. Not because it's "unhealthy". WOuld you run up to someone and take away what they are smoking? Chances are, they'd either get angry at you or chase you off.

WOuld you run up to someone and take away what they are smoking? Chances are, they'd either get angry at you or chase you off.
I've burned people who have tried to do that |: Mainly my neighbors.

Also, Medicham, state your sources.

I've searched multiple sites, and multiple places that say anything about cigarette smoke causing ANY percentage of global warming and it came up with less than 1%.

If you're going to claim a high number like that, present a source.

I've burned people who have tried to do that |: Mainly my neighbors.

Also, Medicham, state your sources.

I've searched multiple sites, and multiple places that say anything about cigarette smoke causing ANY percentage of global warming and it came up with less than 1%.

If you're going to claim a high number like that, present a source.
If I smoked and if someone ran to me and took my cig out of my hand, I'd punch their face in.

I really do hate it when people use a certain thing to blame it on Global Warming.

Reading half of the comments here. People want smoking to be banned, because it's "unhealthy". So are alot of things. I don't see those banned.

If I smoked and if someone ran to me and took my cig out of my hand, I'd punch their face in.I really do hate it when people use a certain thing to blame it on Global Warming.

Reading half of the comments here. People want smoking to be banned, because it's "unhealthy". So are alot of things. I don't see those banned.
Do you know how bad smoking is for you? >.< The other things you've listed that are "unhealthy" isn't 1/1000th as unhealthy as smoking is.

Reading half of the comments here, people who don't want smoking banned doesn't know the true dangers of smoking. >.<

Do you know how bad smoking is for you? >.< The other things you've listed that are "unhealthy" isn't 1/1000th as unhealthy as smoking is.
Reading half of the comments here, people who don't want smoking banned doesn't know the true dangers of smoking. >.<
Ok. I AM a smoker. I KNOW the dangers. Just because people don't want it banned, because it doesn't NEED to be, doesn't mean they don't know.

I hate it when people have the knowledge that others don't care, it must mean that they don't know.

I love how your post states the Obvious in here.

People who smoke do know the side effects. It's the same with people who drink or take medicine. If a bottle of medicine says it will have some side affects. They already know it. This reminds me of the DARE programs and people gettin' all butthurt about smoking and what not.

Jeeze. All this stress in this thread makes me want to pick up a cigarette now..

People know the dangers. Reread the thread and have it sink into that skull of yours.

Smoking being illegal would cause an uproar. Suicide rates would skyrocket. People will start smuggling them. Innocent people who smoke will have their butts landed in jail for their addiction.

The whole petty "It's bad for you!" and "It's 29% of global warming!" argument is old. It don't work.

It is bad for your body, but some people do it anyways. It's their choice.

Personally, I wouldn't smoke because I'm athletic, it'll effect my energy. Thats about it. Some people relieve stress by that.

I love how your post states the Obvious in here.
People who smoke do know the side effects. It's the same with people who drink or take medicine. If a bottle of medicine says it will have some side affects. They already know it. This reminds me of the DARE programs and people gettin' all butthurt about smoking and what not.

Jeeze. All this stress in this thread makes me want to pick up a cigarette now..
DARE actually spouts untrue facts at kids.

I had a 10 year old neighbor come up to me telling me to put out my cigarette. Then saying that 1 single pack of cigarettes takes 6 years off your life. She learned that in DARE.

If that were true, I would have died back in the 50s. 30+ years before I was born.

Again with the 'they don't know' logic(or lack thereof.), there's a surgeon generals warning on every single pack of cigarettes. We know. We don't care. HUGE difference.

DARE actually spouts untrue facts at kids.I had a 10 year old neighbor come up to me telling me to put out my cigarette. Then saying that 1 single pack of cigarettes takes 6 years off your life. She learned that in DARE.

If that were true, I would have died back in the 50s. 30+ years before I was born.

Again with the 'they don't know' logic(or lack thereof.), there's a surgeon generals warning on every single pack of cigarettes. We know. We don't care. HUGE difference.
I was in DARE when I was younger. It seemed like it was full of BS.

Heh.. Did you ignore that kid who told you to put out your cig?

I was in DARE when I was younger. It seemed like it was full of BS.
Heh.. Did you ignore that kid who told you to put out your cig?
Considering they came over to my house, on my property, and pitched a fit because they didn't want to be around it, yes I ignored them.

Doesn't DARE stand for Drug-Abuse-Resistance-Education ?
Yes. They tell kids ANYTHING to get them not to do any kind of drug. By 8th grade, about 60% of the class I had in 5th grade were at least smoking pot.

They use some facts, but most of what they teach are scare tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back