Sick of this.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-lWeride

Reaction score
How come its always the boys who are doing somthing wrong. All the girls are complaining "Omg the boys were judging me by looks and it is so shallow" like girls dont think that boys are good looking also. Oh and I've realised that there is to many stuff on the TV for girls. Example: Bratz, Clothing, Dolls, Doll houses, Littlest pet shop, ect. And boys have a choice of doing that stuff but if they play with one girl thing there going to be considered "weirdo guy who plays with girl toys" And if a girl skates, surfs, plays soccer ect. There considered "Tom-Boy" and theres nothing as wrong with being a tom-boy then "boy who plays with girl toys"

Please do not start flame arguments, cussing, or any of that kind of stuff or I am going to get a this topic closed down.

//-lWeRide

It's just the way things are. But I don't think that's true there are just as many boys toys as girls toys in my opinion just the girls toys are advertised more.

My boyfriend had ALOT more toys than me when we was younger, there are pictures of him when he was a toddler in his room with shelves and shelves of toys. But I didn't have that many toys, so it depends how you look at it.

Its because girls are supposed to be "princesses" nowadays. And guys are pretty simple and happy with what they have. That is one of the many diffrences between men and women.

I think girls are more likely to buy things they see on TV then boys. I'm not sure, though.

I also think that testosterone in men drive them to think that any guy who plays with a feminine toy is automatically a 'weirdo'. Once again, just a guess.

I think girls are more likely to buy things they see on TV then boys. I'm not sure, though.
I also think that testosterone in men drive them to think that any guy who plays with a feminine toy is automatically a 'weirdo'. Once again, just a guess.
Not a weirdo, but males at young ages who see other male peers playing with barbies are either thought of as homosexual or really pervy having naked barbies everywhere XD!! That's probably why. It's very odd to see that in a teenage male group. Not entirely but majority of it is society's look on it.

Not a weirdo, but males at young ages who see other male peers playing with barbies are either thought of as homosexual or really pervy having naked barbies everywhere XD!! That's probably why. It's very odd to see that in a teenage male group. Not entirely but majority of it is society's look on it.
Well when I was 2 I use to bite my sisters barbies heads off LOL

//-lWeRide

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Actually, I think girls might just like to buy more stuff in general. In my family (I'm one of the only girls.) I used to always have the longest list of stuff that I wanted for Christmas. (We actually never made Christmas gifts.... but you get the idea, right?) Even now I still want more things than my brothers. The only thing they really want is video games and sports equipment. (And they've gotten over their video game addiction mostly.) Even if some girls don't get everything they want (like most normal people), I think girls in general just like to get material possesions.

As for the girls always saying 'Boys are stupid! They only like girls for their looks!' I couldn't agree with you more, -lWeride. I, personally, (in case you're wondering, I am a girl) wouldn't go out with a boy who I didn't think looked good. I agree that it's not good to like someone only because of the way they look, but most people do that anyways. I can't think of anyone who would want to be married to someone who they find unnatractive. Maybe for this issue, girls just like to complain more? I don't know.

A lot of 'tom-boys' are made fun of too. And they sometimes get called things like 'lesbian' (as boys who do girly things might get called 'gay'). I don't know why it's more accepted for girls to do boyish things than it is for boys to do girly things.

Well when I was 2 I use to bite my sisters barbies heads off LOL
//-lWeRide
I can understand that, friends growing up with little brothers would have mutilated barbies everywhere. I'm talking more along the lines of seeing a young male engaging in what is passed known as feminine behaviour with the barbies like dressing them, playing house brushing hair etc...for the longest time it was seen as normal for young girls to do such things but as soon as a father catches his son doing this he think his son could be potentially gay...

In some cases this is true and in some cases this is not, but in any case it's still taking its time IMHO for this taboo of boys playing with dolls to become accepted. I think the tomboyish girl stuff has become accepted last 10+ years as a normal thing to see in a girl and it's because of the change in the economy and lifestyle differences all over North American society. It just because accepted quicker.

I can understand that, friends growing up with little brothers would have mutilated barbies everywhere. I'm talking more along the lines of seeing a young male engaging in what is passed known as feminine behaviour with the barbies like dressing them, playing house brushing hair etc...for the longest time it was seen as normal for young girls to do such things but as soon as a father catches his son doing this he think his son could be potentially gay...
I have no brother, and my sister is 3 years older. And she used to cut all my barbies hair off, and if it was a male doll she would try her best to cut the head off [because there hair was plastic, well the ones I had did]. I think she was just mean, my mum didn't really buy me many dolls after that as my sister ruined them.

I don't mind being called a tomboy... it really doesn't bother me. It might bother other people but it's great to be different.

How come its always the boys who are doing somthing wrong. All the girls are complaining "Omg the boys were judging me by looks and it is so shallow" like girls dont think that boys are good looking also. Oh and I've realised that there is to many stuff on the TV for girls. Example: Bratz, Clothing, Dolls, Doll houses, Littlest pet shop, ect. And boys have a choice of doing that stuff but if they play with one girl thing there going to be considered "weirdo guy who plays with girl toys" And if a girl skates, surfs, plays soccer ect. There considered "Tom-Boy" and theres nothing as wrong with being a tom-boy then "boy who plays with girl toys"
Please do not start flame arguments, cussing, or any of that kind of stuff or I am going to get a this topic closed down.

//-lWeRide
Girls, and Guys have equal rights sometimes.

I know you probably think girls have a beter life.

But, it's just as equal.

Remember when boys could vote, but girls couldn't.

And I have seen plenty of boy comercails to.

Girls didn't get equal rights as boys.

And right now in China, they consider men way more vauluable, then woman.

Woman in china are always no matter what are treated like dirt.

And, If a chinise woman has more then two babies, they have to kill the third child and up.They would usaully kill the baby girl.

And woman go through periods, birth to a child and many other things.

(sorry if this is inappropriate).

See?

Not so easy being a woman.

I took Parenting in Highschool and they would have preschoolers come into the class, where we had to make up chart plans for them to do. Someone decided to live out dolls and strollers to the boys. Most of them were crashing the strollers together. xD

There was one boy that was different. I sort of got dragged into a pretend play game with this kid. He was the daddy and I was the mommy of the doll. I'd like to think he just had a fatherly instinit. I find it funny though that after he got bored, he went and found another student and asked her to "babysitt" the doll. He then went over to play with the manly toy Tools. Who are we to judge how a child will turn out by what they play with in their young years. I myself never really got into baby dolls or Barbies as a child. I liked little toy cars, stuffed Animals, and the Original Littlest PetShop of the 90's.

Girls, and Guys have equal rights sometimes.I know you probably think girls have a beter life.

But, it's just as equal.

And, If a chinise woman has more then two babies, they have to kill the third child and up.They would usaully kill the baby girl.

See?

Lol, that's exactly what my history teacher said when this kid said it wasn't fair that the girls could bring their purse on the last day of school and boys couldn't and the teacher went off on stuff like that and at the end she added "And anyway where else are they going to stuff their tampons?!"

Yes it is true that girls get away with more things and boys always have to take the blame but I think it is fair beacause girls um have the go through painfull stuff....

Yes it is true that girls get away with more things and boys always have to take the blame but I think it is fair beacause girls um have the go through painfull stuff....
Well its the way of life. just cause you have to go through painful stuff it doesent give them the right to get away with stuff. Its tough to be a boy to, tougher when your a kid.

//-lWeRide

I think girls and guys get both equal toughness, but girls can live through all that pain every month. Some boys are raised by fathers who expect so much from them that they never get a chance to just be themselves.

And its also unfair say there was a Lesbian 40 year old girl at the bar hiting on a girl. It would be a little awkward the other girl would just say "No thank-you". But if it was a boy that was 40 years old it would be considered very gross. That isnt equal rights is it?

//-lWeRide

i think that there is a strong stereotype on girls, but were not always like that, so that is unfair too, but i also agree, boys are laughed at for being feminine in a certain way, in fact, i brought up this argument in our debate last month at school, im a tomboy, i get the occasional "oooh, look, its a tomboy," but mostly people dont care, its just they way i am, i see that as unfair on boys, my friend is not very boyish and he is teased very much, im one of his only friends.

But i must say that i think that there is a lot of other pressures on girls that balance it out, such as being stylish (meaning to their own style, not nescesarrily a certain kind, like tomboys not being scruffy but cool )avril lavigne pulls that off well!)) that kind of thing so i think its fair were pretty equal

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you ever get caught playing with a girl toy? Guess what? They are made the same way. ^^

Thats what I would say.

Peace.

Shed a tear/

Girls, and Guys have equal rights sometimes.I know you probably think girls have a beter life.

But, it's just as equal.

See?

I totally agree with that. woman have to go through harder time. also because if they have sex they will have to go throgh the consequence of having a baby and pushing on her stomach like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back