Sims 3 Issues >_>

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snickerpie

Reaction score
First off, before I say anything, I apologize if there is already a topic like this >_<

Ok, so, I have played the Sims 3 for a long long time now.

About a month ago, it gave me an error message saying "Unable to connect to EA Download Manager". I ignored it first, thinking it would go away. But, strangley, it hasn't.

Today I went nuts because I have so many updates for The Sims 3 I need to download...and I can't because the download manager is being a butt!!!!! >_> I tried to see if I could manually install them, but no luck so far. And also, when I found the solution for this problem, it said to remove your mods, which I have none. AND, when I went to install a newer version of the download manager, I couldn't find it in Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel!!!

I'm worried because I can't update The Sims 3...help pl0x!!

(yes, I bolded everything importent ;D)

PS,

If you have a solution to my problem, please give detailed instructions...I'm not one used to computer language lol

Many people seem to be having problems with that game...especially...oddly enough people with up to date computers who should be able to run the game just fine... I'm one of them...game refuses to work at all now.

Maybe you need to reinstall the game? Just save the files of your Sims families somewhere on your computer...uninstall and then reinstall the game and then put the files of your Sim families back into the save folder?

NEWNESS!!! I fixed my old issue!! Yaaay!

But now: an even worse issue.

I can't play anymore.

Every time I try to open it, it gives me the "Base game incompatible with expansion pack" error. People say try deleting your custom content, but I can't even do that without getting the error. I'm annoyed. Very, very annoyed. And a little worried, too.

I'm Google-ing everything I can think of...I hope I'll find something >_>

Ok, issue solved. I manually uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and manually downloaded the patch. Still haven't downloaded my expansion packs yet, but I will soon.

Please close this topic ^_^ Thank you for helping me, Save_Tamagotchis :D I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back