Sleeping problems..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallquailrooster

Reaction score
Well, when i go to bed, i feel really stressed and nervous for no apparent reason. I think it's because of well, its embarassing, but my pattern with going to the toilet(#2). Most people have to go in the morning, but i always go late at night for some reason. I go, then i go to bed, and i have to keep getting up again and again. It's stressing and annoying and i have a bit of the fear of the dark(and i go to bed late when everyone else in my family goes to bed with lights out), so i have to turn lots of lights on, including the fan/light in the bathroom, which is noisy. This wakes up my family, and they sometimes get quite angry at me. This isn't helping with the stress problem. I use a hot pak(it's like a hot water bottle) and i put it on my belly, but it doesn't help that much. And there is not really any medicine that helps this..I need advice, just little things. Can you please help?

Maybe you should go to bed with your family, or earlier? That will give you time to get comfortable in bed and go to sleep.

What relaxes you? Maybe you could take a shower/bath and then go to bed? For me, I always read a good book before I fall asleep. It works pretty well.

After reading your post again, I think you might want to see a doctor about it. (The above may not work) It might be embarrassing, but it will help you get better. :)

Yes, I enjoy reading before i go to sleep but i'm so dang tired because it's like 11 oclock. I'm not allowed to read that late, I have to sleep. My mom just told me to think happy thoughts, that helps a bit. And one of my worries has gone away..Yay!

I was addicted to a nasal spray that cleared my nose, i didn't even have a cold anymore but if i didnt use it, my nose got blocked. I got off it last night and i feel so much better.

Oh, and about the doctor thing, I'm not really sure i need to go to see the doctor. It's just my pattern, i don't have problems very much with my bowel. I also think that drinking tea before bed helps.

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, do what Raichi said. Also, when i need to go to the toilet at night (im scared of the dark too), i always have a lamp about a metre away from me and its quite bright. I just turn that on and get up and go. Or when i was younger, i used to have a bucket in my bedroom so i could go to the toilet in it (i know its gross, but i did have it there when i was about 7).

Hope i helped!!

Yeah, I turn my bedlight on. My hallway is really freaky looking at night..the exercise bike further up the hall looks like the grim reaper with a jacket hung on it XD

If you are scared to go, you can always hold onto a stuffed animal. I know it sounds dumb, but it helps.

Or, if you have a cat, you can hike on over to the restroom clutching your kitty. xD (Or dog, hamster...)

Maybe you could try taking laxatives in the evening? That way your bowls are pretty cleared out before you go to bed. C:

Eventually your pattern in your bowl movements will change, trust me. It won't always be the same way. You can trust me on that.

Hope things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back