Smoking - Your Opinions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordboss

Reaction score
Smoking

I think that smoking is a persons choice. Although it has many effect's on the smokers health and is bad for them. I can decrease there heart rate and cause cancer and other diseases. I have only 3 family member's who currently smoke, and they have no plan's on quitting because they do not want to.

I am a ex-smoker. I currently am using a electric cigarette and have only had one since I have used it. I would seriously recommend it to anyone who is trying to quit. It has helped me out so much. It has made me feel so much better about myself. I have also saved so much money already!

What are your view's on smoking?

Unfortunately I smoke :( I was dumb & started real young & its a hard habit to kick.

What brand e-cigarette did you get? I've tried a generic one bought from a gas station & it did not help me. Congrats on quitting!

Personally, i dislike smoking. At a young age my parents (who are smokers) advised me not to. It has stuck with me. I don't mean to sound rude but through experience, I find that a lot of smokers tend to smell bad because of the smoke getting on their clothing. i have a few friends who do smoke and I have asked them kindly to leave because the smoke smell was too over powering. Lucky there was no hard feelings.

I understand it is very difficult to quit smoking once you start though. It's a very addictive thing. But companies don't care as long as they make money. (at least they put warnings, etc. on packaging now).

I hope you two can kick the nic successfully and live happy healthy lives though. Good luck.

I started smoking at a young age, my parents who used to smoke when I was you her used to tell me how hard it was I always said I wasn't going to do it, peer pressure in school eventually made me a regular smoker, I was smoking sometimes over 20 a day!

The electric cigarette I am currently using is one from https://www.goforsmoke.com/realistic-starter-kits-35-c.asp, it is working really good, plus the flavoured liquid they have available is the same as the cigarette brand I used to smoke , (Lambert and Butler) so I was lucky as it tastes the same.

Hopefully I can cut the nicotine down, I originally cut from 24mg to 18, now I am currently on 16, but I plan on getting down to 0 for New Years, I don't think I will ever go back to smoking now, I feel so much healthier now I am not waking up everymorning and going outside to have a cigarette.

Sorry if anyone takes offense....

I think people should be able to choose freely whether or not to smoke, but...gross! The very idea that people inhale foreign material "just to feel good" is very strange to me.

There are people in my school who will publicly admit that they smoke. Some kid said to our teacher that they smoke!

I hope that people who smoke at least try to quit. It's not impossible.

I think it is people's choice whether to smoke, but I definitely don't support it. It just seems really pointless to me. Yes, people might like the taste or something - but it's obvious that inhaling smoke is not healthy. I'm 11 so I'm too young to have heard any peer pressure about smoking, but even if I ever do, I won't give in to it. I don't give in easily to things like that and I know that it's unhealthy.

At my school, Year 8 (12 and 13 year olds) learn about smoking, what cigarettes contain and what they do to people. They all wrote leaflets on it, which are on a notice board in the Biology lab. Even if it is very anti-smoking, I think every school should do that. I've known about smoking for as long as I can remember, and the first I heard of it was "it's bad and you should never do it". For some children, all they've heard about smoking is "it's cool". That's not right and people should know the facts on smoking before they decide to start.

I was sort of raised to dislike smoking, and to be against it.

In New Zealand there's a huge movement to ban cigarettes, they want our country to be smoke-free by 2020, and I support it.

My Dad and my Mom both smoke, however my Dad is way worse. He smokes with me in the car (I'm under 18 so this is illegal!) but he rolls down the window when he does, even if he does that it's still second-hand smoking. I'm just waiting for the day we get pulled over by a police officer!

My Mom only smokes when she's stressed and does it outside so our house isn't filled with smoke.

Don't like and refuse to even get into it. As a child my dad let me try a cigar, i think I was maybe 7? After one breathe in that was it, haven't touched the stuff since. And since I've gotten older, I find myself way sensitive to smoke now, even with incense, so for me to become a smoker is highly unlikely. My family will smoke cigars on special occasions, and my grandma is an ex smoker.

It really is an awful habit and so damaging to the body. I feel sorry for everyone who smokes and hope they fight to quit it someday soon.

My mom smokes a lot and I hate it.

She does a very good job of not exposing it to me, but I want her to quit so badly and I know she never will because she's addicted. And I can't force her either because if she even tried it would make her miserable.

I would never smoke because of her, it makes me really upset. :c

But I don't have a problem with people who do smoke!

I felt bad a Disney World because there were many people who smoked and had no place to go to do so.

I just don't think it's fair that smokers a so discriminated upon in present day!! It's good to try to eliminate smoking, but some people literally cannot quit and it's not fair to them to be looked down upon so much!

Personally I won't ever smoke but I don't think I have the right to tell others whether they should or not. Just so long as they don't smoke in enclosed public spaces and put people and young children around them at risk of passive smoking I don't have a problem

Up to each and everyone if they want to do it or not. I smoke nargile. But I hate cigarettes. my favorite shisha flavours are Plum and vanilla.

Drinking is worse. Way worse.

People who smoke don't suddenly become bat crazy and hurt in any other way/whatever their families or even complete strangers.

One can do with their body what the hell they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else. I know the smoke is dangerous for non smokers as well, but you can always tell a smoking person to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate smoking. I never have and I hate the smell of it. It sometimes makes me choke. When my big brother lived in the same house as me I had a ashma attack and I was only 4! I was on a puffer thing but over the years I have started to use it less and less when he had moved out and got a house of his own. Right now I dont use my puffer because that the doctors say that I dont need it and only to use it when I really need it. (E.G. when my chest hurts and I am struggling to breath Ect.) I think that it was because of my brother smoking that I needed it. I still use it sometimes but only very very rarely. My brother is trying to quit. I hope he does because it is not good for his health. My brothers dad (my stepdad) is in hospital at the moment because of smoking and drinking. I hope it encorages him not to smoke and drink. (He does not drink that often only rarely actually.)

My mom smokes since I remember. I am used to the smell and actually kind of like it too.

But I hate it when I can smell smoke in my hair (I don't smoke, my mom does only) and then they think at school that I smoke...

Drinking is worse. Way worse.

People who smoke don't suddenly become batshit crazy and rape/hurt in any other way/whatever their families or even complete strangers.

One can do with their body what the hell they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else. I know the smoke is dangerous for non smokers as well, but you can always tell a smoking person to leave.
Well, that's not really true. If you drink, but never get drunk it's perfectly healthy. Rather drinking combined with smoking can be very unhealthy of what I've heard.

Personally, smoking can be unhealthy, and that also depends how you smoke and what.

For example, there's no doubt about smoking many cigarettes a day is totally unhealthy. It also is addicting. However I don't think it should be forbidden, because some people only smoke once in a while which is much less unhealthy. I think this also should be a freedom that you still personally can choose for.

I don't support cigarette smoking, but I wouldn't disallow it by law.

Then you have a cigar. There are those who smoke lots of cigars, but also the ones who smoke much less. I think, since an cigar can be pretty "big" and expensive you will tend to smoke less. My dad has smokes once in a while a cigar, which I could try :p , but he never inhales the smoke so I see it quite harmless.

My dad smokes the pipe, mostly 2 a day, but just like with a cigar, he never inhales. He also says, he gets disgusted by that fact. He is not addicted and I actually think it improves his health a bit(since he has has a chronic illness). (Also, he promised to give me a pipe the day I turn 18) :p

So, I'm not against smoking. But there are different ways you can smoke. I think it is mainly depends if it's addictive and on your attitude.

I'm kind of on the fence about smoking. In New Zealand, there's this huge bias against smoking, and it's portrayed in such a negative way (Actually most substances such as alcohol, smoking and drugs are put in a very negative way in NZ). I can understand why NZ wants to just ban cigarettes completely, but it doesn't really make sense to ban just cigarettes, and keep all the other harmful substances legal. I personally couldn't care less if you smoke or not. If you don't like it, you can just leave, or stand the way the winds not blowing so you don't get a face full of second-hand smoke. It is literally that simple. All the same, it wouldn't matter to me if NZ were to become smokefree anyway. What the whole 'ban movement' doesn't get is that it's really hard to quit, and nicotine is extremely addictive, and it's not as simple as just banning them. Because if you're addicted, then the law is probably not going to stop you getting your hands on some cigarettes.

Well, that's not really true. If you drink, but never get drunk it's perfectly healthy.
Drinking can cause kidney, liver, brain and heart damage, aswell as taking it's toll on your physical appearance. It is a depressant, and has so many more negative behavioural side-effects than smoking. It is not perfectly healthy to just drink and not get drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back