So I have this dream

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyway Avenue

Reaction score
Ok, here's the story.

I wanna be famous. It's been a dream of mine since about 2nd grade, when we did the Bug's Life play (long story). Ever since those TWO sentences I said onstage (along with the songs and dances) I've participated in all the school plays. Most were required. I love acting and so I was always trying out for the lead roles, and I always got them. I would study my lines and memorize them and act my socks off during the performances.

So now, I'm in a play called "Metamorpheses". It's a Greek play and my roles are:

1. I share Narrator 1 with this one girl

2. Woman At Door (xD)

3. Little Girl (this is kind of a fun one, although I only have two sentences, but the movements are fun)

4. Iris (the Greek goddess of the rainbow, this is definately my favorite)

Everybody is playing multiple parts. I love my cast (as friends), they're so fun to be around. Practice is my favorite part of the day.

Well, since 5th or 6th grade (im in 7th) I've dreamed about being on TV or in a movie. So in 6th grade, I found this awesome acting website that tells you about auditions and places to send your resume (PM me if you want the website link) and it has information on just about EVERYTHING.

So I made a resume, got a headshot, and sent a resume into Camp Rock 2 (still no response, that was about 3 weeks ago). I'm gonna send one into Welcome To Holliwood tomorrow or something. I'm really serious about acting (i wanna be on Disney), but I keep getting the feeling that I'm never gonna be famous.

It kind of hurts, because I want to be famous so badly. My drama teacher thinks I'm really good.

I need advice

Thankies,

Skyway Avenue

PS If I left out anything, just tell me, or ask me a question and I'll answer

Unforntunatley i have really no advice but

I had that same exact dream!When i was little well actually i still

think it would be sooo cool to have my own show on disney!

But anyway i hope you get there!

Wow, we're doing the same thing! Except the play is different. I get to be the lead role, Psyche. The story is about the ancient greek god named Venus and her son Eros(Cupid). Psyche is a mortal who is very beautiful, but her sisters are not as beautiful as her. Venus gets mad at Psyche because her own son says she's beautiful. Venus orders Cupid to shoot Psyche with an arrow and make her fall in love with a tree. Cupid leans down from a cloud and accidentally pierces himself with an arrow and falls in love with Psyche. Cupid tells oracles to tell Psyche's parents to leave her by the side of mount Olympia. Psyche wakes up at the mountain the next morning, nothing is in sight. Cupid watches her from the sky to hide himself. "You shall be my wife, alas, I cannot show you my true self. You would think I was a monster."

I can't remember the rest but search Cupid and Psyche on Wiki. It's a good story!

Aww I'm jealous. I want to be Iris! ;]

The chances of you becoming famous are slim, but your still famous to me :]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Lol I have to wear a illuminated rainbow skirt D: *dies*

Aww thankies. I'm trying my hardest though, and I want to be famous really badly xPPP It kills me inside....

Don't put to much pressure on yourself. D:

A ton of people have the same dream. I...don't want to be famous. I just want to act. Yes, those are different things, according to me!

But...you should probably know acting itself is tough. The whole business...everything.

I'm learning that...and I've been in theater for a while. Perhaps I should rephrase that. I'm realizing that.

That's all the advice I've got. I know it's kind of cryptic, so sorry.

Just understand this: Whatever happens happens. And I know that it's hard. Just remember you're not always going to get every part. I'm not saying you're going to fail, because no, you're not.

There's so much out there...and we can always learn. So if something doesn't go the way you want, try and learn from it. :]

So strange, I know.. But, that's the advice I've been giving myself lately when it comes to theater. And it helps.

I'd like to be famous too...I, like you, sent in a resume for Camp Rock 2. No response. I'm quite disappointed but..life goes on. </3

Acting is a very important part of my life, and so is my singing and dancing. I've starred in many school plays, and I'm even doing some modeling now/soon.

But I want more than that. I want to be a REAL actress, singer, dancer or whatever. I want to be a role model for kids. I want to be noticed and appreciated.

I'm finding it difficult to decide on what courses to do in high school, since all I want to do is preform. I have no other job options. I'm serious. My teacher asked me if I had any idea what I'd like to do when I grow up, and I said, "A performer." He laughed and said, "Well, you need to have a second choice as well." I simply responded, "But there's not one another job in the world I'd want to do, and that I'd enjoy."

So I understand your dream. It's a dream many of us share. Just keep on trying and perhaps you'll get a role in a movie.

I know preforming is my life....sometimes I think people simply just want to be FAMOUS. It's not that I care about. It's just doing what I love.

Sometimes being famous isn't all it's cut out to be.. being harassed almost all the time..

You can always audition for things.. that are local. Have your mom help you.. I dunno what else to say.

Sorry for not being so helpful.

We're studying about the ancient Greek Gods so... yeah. We're doing our own short little plays and my play is how Hestia saves our school D=

Medusa came up to the school and walked in she froze everyone inside. Hestia comes in. Medusa shoots her evil glare that turns you stone and Hestia blocks it with a mirror. The children are saved but they're sad they still have to go to school. The end xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back