Social Anixety

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireCracker

Reaction score
I think i have it

i always feel really nervous when talking to people and i never make eye contact (its worser when im around the boy i like </3 )

I hate it

anyone else have this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mabye you're just shy. IDK, I'm not a therapist.

I'm shy around strangers. Just a little shy. Dat's all. ;D

(yay! 1st post in this topic!)

We are total opposites. I'm way too loud and spazzy for my own good. XD

I can't ever imagine not being the girl who runs up to everyone giving them huge Esther hugs, laughs with great volume at pretty much everything and knows/loves everyone at school and even here. I'm a people person. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't.

Social anxiety must suck. I guess you've just got to be more confident with who you are. Because trying to be anyone else is a waste of being you.

If you think it's bad, you could see a doctor. Maybe a professional can help you relieve your social problem.

I'm like you, esther, only probably not as esther-ish. I'm not the spazzy jumpy hugging kind, I'm more of the kind of person that makes the jokes, laughs a lot, and gets themself into weird situations.

BUT..... I fail in one social area. I have such a hard time making eye contact. gah, I suck at it. I always try to look into peoples' eyes, but then I end up thinking to myself "... this is awkward, I think laser beams are gonna come shooting out at me any second.." it feels uncomfortable and weird...

for the eye contact thing, try to look into people's eyes, even if it seems weird to you, it won't to them. Just don't show that it feels weird to you.

one time my teacher was like "tess, why do you look so pained when you talk to me?" xD

I'm seeing a doctor

and he's gonna hypnotise me or some crazy crap like that

also when im around this guy, i get all hot and my mouth gets dry O____________o

I'm seeing a doctor and he's gonna hypnotise me or some crazy crap like that

also when im around this guy, i get all hot and my mouth gets dry O____________o
Yesyesyes - whatever you do, don't get on meds as a first option.

I have social anxiety, as well, so I totally know how it feels and it's not fun at all. If you have a physical reaction because of social contact and it's influencing your life then you need to see a therapist/doctor about it.

I have been feeling much much better lately. I see a therapist and just seeing her every two weeks or so has made everything so much easier. I guess personally just talking about things that are stressing me out helps. I've also found that oolong tea is like my remedy. Tea has so many good things in it and I truely believe that drinking a pot or two a day has helped me through it.

I know how you feel so if you want to message me about it, feel free to. :lol:

Aww, that must suck.

I don't really suffer from it. I seem to be more confident around strangers rather then people I know well. So no, I don't really suffer from it. But some of my friends do. They get embarassed for me when I get a little spazzed up >.<

But, I can't make eye contact. Only because I can't stare at both of the people's eyes at once. I have to look at one of their eyes at a time. That's whats weird, and if you ever meet me, you'd notice that straight away XD.

Oh I totally now how this feels! Here are some tips:

1. Just remember that everyone else around you is calm and relaxed.

2. Being nervous around a crush is normal, it's ok.

3. Maybe you should do at least one big public speaking. After that, you'll get the hang of it. Yes, scary I know, but it's in front of a lot of people so you don't really give eye contact, if that helps.

I have a slight social phobia. It honestly depends on my mood [ Like, sometimes I can be obnoxious and loud. ], but in a lot of situations I find myself afraid to speak. And eye contact is definately an issue for me. But however, I find it on and off. And sometimes I get anxiety from sports.

So I do know how you feel, dear. I actually posted a topic on this subject a while ago, when I was struggling with it more than I am now. [ And BTW, I've never been treated. ]

My best advice can be to see someone about it. I agree with tw/p - don't go for meds straight away. By talking to a therapist or a counselor, you'll discover if there is a specific reason for your social anxiety, and if there are any underlying issues. That way, you can recieve the best treatment possible.

Hope things work out for you soon.

Around people I'm friends with, I'm loud and very talkative.

..but, aorund people who I'm not really frinds with, I never talk. I just sit there, afraid.

However, for some reason, I always look people in the eyes when I talk to them.

I've had some sort of that before, and I hated it toooo deathhhh. :)

What helps me is thinking 1] what am i doing? 2] what am i feeling? 3] what am i thinking?

It really gets your mind working and helps you realize it's not a big deal. Also, do deep breaths, they work.;]

I sort of have that, but it's getting much better.

what helped me is to remember that it's okay to smile and make eye contact, no one is going to think I'm weird. I started believing it and now I'm starting to do it.

I'm shy around people i'm uncomfortable with. It helps me to think that nobody is perfect and being shy around people you're not great friends with is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back