songs that bring back memories~

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll think of more later but the randomest one is Lady Gaga-Paparazzi reminds me of a day off school. Why? Well, its because we were listening to music on the best and one of them was Lady Gaga. Then I suddenly heard someone say, schools closed! And indeed, it was. And Lady Gaga was playing during the announcement and I was obviously so happy I wanted to jump on the bus seats and sing at the top of my voice. Now everytime it comes up on the radio, I wish for a day off school, which never happens, boohoo.

Also, Pixie Lott's Cry me out reminds me of christmas so thats why I love that song so much. Thats because it was released near the time, but also it reminds me of snow! Its because everytime it snows and I get the day off, or it just plain snows, I found it creepy that it always came on the radio. Either it was so popular that it was played every morning during snow season or its something freaky going on.

Yeah, songs that bring memories back are my favourite songs. The last and final one for this post anyway is Katy Perry-I kissed a girl reminds me of the beginning of my Year 6 year. Don't get the wrong idea, I kissed no-one back then but it was on the radio in the morning at the beginning then. So yeah, that was the longest ago, 2 years ago and I still remember it. I love all of the songs on my memory list although really, none of them I'd like if it didn't bring memories to be honest! Right, more later I just have a blank mind for now.

Shake It - Metro Station.

Reminds me of all my old friends, our amazing memories, some of these people I don't even talk to anymore. Some of them have moved various places. Some of them now hate me. But the memories will never fade away, </3 Reminds me of last year especially. Primary School in general I guess.

OMG. Writing that paragraph has given me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

Never knew I was this emotional, aha!

My Chemical Romance (Helena) and some of the old All-American Rejects songs, like Move Along, bring back very fond memories of high school. Speed of Sound and Here Without You remind me of my very first job when I was a sophomore in high school...probably because those songs were popular in 2004. Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen, and Phantom of the Opera always will remind me of my high school friends because we had to sing them whenever we went out to karaoke. ;) It was just our standard. Come to think of it, we're all still pretty close today, even after going off to college. We still sing those songs for karaoke, haha. Everything, by Michael Buble, will forever and always remind me of my boyfriend of over 3 years because he sang it to me on our 1st anniversary. Good times. :ichigotchi:

I watched a very sad video on YouTube about Dr Reid from Criminal Minds and the storyline where he had a severe drug addicition after being kidnapped and tortured, and the song was Breathe Me by Sia. I was stupid enough to go put the song on my iPod. Now every time I listen to it, I think about Reid and his drug problem. So sad.

Time of Your Life by Greenday was my graduation song. Pretty self explanatory.

The Moment I Said It by Imogen Heap was used in a scene of Seven Seconds (Criminal Minds) where Hotch gave a 6 year old girl CPR. I cried...then put the song on mi iPod.

Fire Burning (LOL) reminds me of last summer and my soccer team.

Christmas Shoes reminds me of grade 4 when we performed that song at a christmas play.

Mammia Mia (by ABBA) reminds me of my synchronized skating team, when we had a routine to that song n.n

And pretty much every James Blunt song. it reminds me of like 3 years ago, in winter when my friend would drive me to skating practice in her car every night, and it was freezing cold outside, and we sang along to the James Blunt CD in her car.

*reminisces*

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga.

My gosh, there is a very long, hilairious story to that song. xD I would go into details, but it'll take ages to explain, you'll think me and my friends are weird and for some part of it, it involves last names.

Lots of songs that came out in the summer of `08. They remind me of me and my ex- best friend and the great times we had. I kind of hate her now because of what she did to me. But I miss her and I miss the things we used to do together, and knowing that things can never be that way again hurts.

Bring me to Life - Evanescence.

It reminds me of catching the Tube/Underground when we were visiting freinds in London. It was because I listened to it so much when we were there.

New Divide - Linkin Park

It reminds me of the looking out the window when we were on the plane at night and just seeing lights. I was listening to this song at the time.

All kinds of songs bring back memories, both either because they just remind me, lyrically, of the past, and other from listening to them x amount of years ago.

I have too many to post. xD

~Mew

The Davy Jones locket theme, I dont know why, it just reminds me of something nostalgic. The 6teen theme song, because me and my friend used to sing it all the time, and the first season theme song of Inuyasha.

Oh crap, where do I start?

Walls - All Time Low.

Dear Maria, Count Me In - All Time Low.

Heartbeat - stereo skyline!

Shimmy A Go Go - Short Stack.

Harder Than You Know - Escape The Fate.

Fallen Star - Blood On The Dance Floor.

Tiffany Blews - Fall Out Boy.

What A Catch, Donnie - Fall Out Boy.

Mister Prozac - For Our Hero.

What Do You Want From Me - Forever The Sickest Kids.

Do Or Die - Forever The Sickest Kids.

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day.

Let It Be - The Beatles.

Candles - Hey Monday.

6 Months - Hey Monday.

Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance.

Teenagers - My Chemical Romance.

Cancer - My Chemical Romance.

Yourbiggestfan - nevershoutnever!

Nine In The Afternoon - Panic! At The Disco.

Northern Downpour - Panic! At The Disco.

That's What You Get - Paramore.

Drive Away - The Sundance Kids.

Oh god, and there's probably 69789234 more o_o

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

I'll move on

you'll call it fate, I'll call it karma

we had our time, it was fun

while it lasted

I'll look back, with honor

and no regrets

I won't be mad, won't feel bad

these memories will never leave me

don't be sad

cause life goes on, life goes on

it's getting too late

tomorrow is here

This song makes me cry every time I hear it.

Latest posts

Back