Southern California Wildfires.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazing cat

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Earth, Universe
Please feel free to express yourself here, as I am here to help. If you would like to help feel free to jump in and do so. Any TamaTalkers affected by the fires and haven't evacuated yet can say how they're feeling. You'll be reassured by friends and other TamaTalkers.

I will also try to post news here as best as I can. Though I will not be at my desk all the time, I will make sure to update at least once or twice every 8 hours. The news can only release so much information and I can only find so much information, so bear with me on this.

I feel that its best to keep everyone informed and aware as best as possible. If you do need to evactuate your home, our best wishes are with you. Remember to be prepared, stay safe, and (if you are with your parents) always stay close to them and NEVER EVER run off somewhere.

The most important thing you can do right now if you are currently watching the news and waiting to see if you are going to be evacuated is to BE PREPARED, have a plan of where to go if you are evacuated, and DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Have it on hand ALWAYS. The smoke in the air can still enter in your house and have a great affect on you. Water is life. Drink it.

I heard that the Harris fire crossed the boarder of Mexico this morning. I may be wrong but stay watching the news for updates.

I hope everyone is fine.

I'll try to keep this thread updated and others TTers are free to update.

Thank you.

Sorry about the double post... More info.

Shelters that still have capacity

Qualcomm Stadium

Santana High School

Poway Community Park

Poway Girls & Boys Club

Campo Community Center

Mission Hills High School

Escondido High School - 1535 North Broadway

Santana High School - 9915 Magnolia Avenue (in Santee)

Ramona High School

Calvin Christian School

Carlsbad High School

Chula Vista High School

El Camino High School

Encinitas Senior & Community Center

Escondido High School

Mira Mesa High School

Mission Hills Church

Mount Carmel High School

Naval Air Station North Island

Plaza Camino Real

Valley Center High School

Full Shelters

Del Mar Fairgrounds

Steele Canyon High School - 12440 Campo Road in Spring Valley

Escondido High School

Mira Mesa High School - 10510 Reagan Road (off Mira Mesa Boulevard)

San Marcos High School (temporary shelter).

- Residents forced to evacuate their families and belongings are getting some help from U-Haul who announced that they will provide 30 days of free storage service.

My uncle lives in Southern California (near San Diego), but I'm not sure if he's evacuated yet. I'm going to ask my dad when I see him on Friday. I hope anyone on TT who lives near the fires keeps safe!

I live pretty far north of them though, so I don't think they're going to reach me. (We already had a few other wild fires this year too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Southern California, not too southern but southern. [ Ventura-ish ]

There used to be a fire near my old school and my sister's school.

A lot of my buddies were evacuated.

Also, school was terrible >_o

So many people had to leave because of their eyes hurting, a cough, or because of the nasty winds.

But that fire moved already, I hope everyone stays safe :rolleyes:

Gah, I heard about that on the news. It sounds horrible. I hope everyone that's in danger finds safety.

Luckily I'm on the other side of the US. Does anyone know how all these fires started?

Gah, I heard about that on the news. It sounds horrible. I hope everyone that's in danger finds safety.Luckily I'm on the other side of the US. Does anyone know how all these fires started?
They're wild fires. They're not sure how it started yet, it could have been someone camping in the woods and leaving the fire on, someone dropping a cigarette (It's been a dry year, so almost any small fire could become a big one), or pretty much anything else. They do think some of them were started purposely, though.

They're wild fires. They're not sure how it started yet, it could have been someone camping in the woods and leaving the fire on, someone dropping a cigarette (It's been a dry year, so almost any small fire could become a big one), or pretty much anything else. They do think some of them were started purposely, though.
Wow. I never knew a fire could turn out so big. o.o

I hope they stop them. :rolleyes:

My teacher was talking about it to us at school. She said that at situations like that the people must get their keys to their cars and immediately drive off the opposite direction.

But I wish the best of luck you guys who live in California.

What part of Southern California exactly? Because my cousin is in San Diego because she goest to USD [university of San Diego] and I want to know If that is in the fire region. I havn't heard from her in a while.

Actually, today some guy was shot dead by police while caught starting fires.

They're burning down San Diego, tamacrazy_101

LA, Oakland and some other places have all been evacuated.

Over one million people have been evacuated and something like 1 500 houses have been burnt down.

I hope everyone's okay. I hope you'll always be okay!!!

Over one million people have been evacuated and something like 1 500 houses have been burnt down.

Sorry. Im in England :(

It's good that he's gone and dead. He ruined a lot of people's lives.

Oakland has not been evacuated, I live very close to Oakland and I live a seven hour drive from the fires.

I am in Canada, thank goodness.

But my heart goes out to all those who have evacuated and are evacuating. I know I could not deal with any of that, so you guys are brave.

So it really was arson? My goodness! x.x

Something must have definantly been messed up in his head. Loose screw, maybe? Two, three, a million! >.<

Okay, I'll say this. I live in San Diego. But, I'm going to move very soon. Like in 5 days.

The wildfires started in Malibu and moved all the way up to San Diego. The hardest hit area was Rancho Bernardo. They closed the Qualcomm(Sp?) Stadium, where football plays, was closed this afternoon. And the evacuees have to move to the Del Mar Fairgrounds. The fires are going to be next week. I was wondering if someone would post about this. I am glad that someone posted about the fires, so that I could let my feelings out.

They're burning down San Diego, tamacrazy_101LA, Oakland and some other places have all been evacuated.

oh-my-god. (._.). *screams in panic!*

I wish I could hear from my cousin and know that shes okay. They better have left USD, but then again where are they gonna stick thousands more college students.

Oh god. Stupid fires!!!! [DIE FIRES DIE!]

I agree, Don't think I'm horrible, but I am glad he's dead... I guess it's better for us all now, not to mention safer.

I hope everyone's fine, still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back