Speak

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Self:.:Pity

Reaction score
I borrowed a book from my LA teacher (only one im not afraid to talk to) and it was called Speak. It was about a girl in High School, 9th grade, who is rejected and shunned by somthing she did over the summer. She goes through a lot of trouble trying to make friends and find some meaning to her life, and when she finally gets the guts to speak her life starts to get better and better. A great book. has anyone read it?

I have! :-D

I also saw the movie. The book was really helpful when I was feeling down because I felt I understood what she was going through.

I know how you feel. thats why she gave it to me. I've been a bit out of it lately, so when I read it I knew exactly what she was going through and exactly how she felt. "....we will be the Anti-cheerleaders..."

Yes it's a very great book. Not recommended for younger readers though. Really, I think that it's better if you wait until you're about her age, it helps you relate to her a lot better so the story is more significant.

while I think the plot sounds great, I haven't read it. From everyone's great feedback, I think I just might.

Latest posts

Back