Stem cell reasearch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyonchit

Reaction score
Okay, I understand this is a controversial topic. We've got that out of the way.

(I also know that there was a topic like this a while ago. It died.)

I want to talk about stem cell research because it effects us. Here and now. I don't want to talk about a war in a far-off land raising our taxes. I don't want to talk about how global warming is going to kill us all. I want to talk about the most thought provoking topic, and thats stem cell research.

Here are some points about stem cell research. Please don't use them as a list, only talk about the ones that you think you can elaborate and have a conversation with.

>> Do you know someone suffering from a disease that scientists believe stem cell research can cure?

>>Do you think embryos at the 5 day stage (which is when scientists take the embryos) are actually people yet?

>>What is your oppinion about president Bush's laws prohibiting the USA to federal funding? What are the stem cell laws in your country?

>>Do you believe it is right to take embryos for the sake of saving millions of lives?

>>Do you have any more points you would like to talk about in stem cell research? (please do say so <_< )

Furthermore, if you don't understand what a stem cell line is, or what stem cells do, or what cord blood is, I or another tamatalker will be happy to explain it to you.

ABSOLUTLY no flaming. You can have a mature conversation, right?

edit: typos. >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not an expert on this subject, but I will say I do not agree with the idea of killing babies on whatever 'stage' they are in.

Abortion, stem cell, whatever, is murder.

I do believe they are people and not spare parts.

Saving lives is great, but not not by killing others.

EDIT: Typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh... I would like an explantaion. I have no idea what you're talking about. xD

Heh... I would like an explantaion. I have no idea what you're talking about. xD
They use fetuses as spare parts basicly.

They grow them into body parts [like skin] and then graph them into the person.

?? So the woman's ovaries become apart of their body? gross
No, the baby [fetus- some people say it's not acutaly a person] is used to create body parts for other people.

Hmm, that's a tough one.

I definitely think the embryos at the 5 day stage are alive and developing.

And saving lives is absolutely wonderful, but not if it's killing other people.

What they do is they take the stem cells which grow inside and embryo. Stem cells can become any one of the bodys 200 types of cells. They take the cells and grow them. The cells keep growing and dividing, and this mass of millions of cells becomes a stem cell line. Stem cell lines keep growing, and the stem cells in them can be used to replace cells that have been damaged.

** I would like to note that stem cells are also found in adults, in a few places, however they cannot become the full variety of cells that embryonic stem cells can.

I think that taking the fetus is (like you said, tamaw/pants)is murder. My dad told me about how mice are pretty closely related to us so people are growing human parts on them. Imagine a mouse with a human ear on its back. That is what it would be like. Killing the fetus is cruel, no matter for what cause.

yes i think killing is killing no matter what...and i think Mr.Bush is beaing very inreasonable in this matter (but what do I know i'm Canadain) please crooect me if i'm wrong....

♫music in my life♪♪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back