Strippes Screws

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GenjoSanzo

Reaction score
Recently I purchased the tamagotchi angel and mothra off ebay. Since they were still in their original packaging, I assumed that their batteries wouldn't be good anymore since it'd over 10 years old. I tried to unscrew the back with my tiny screw drivers, but they were way too stuck in there. Unfortunately I have stripped the screws and I can't get them off for sure.

This has been a problem that I have had with just about all my tamas that I had purchased from the 90s. I've had no problems with the Connection version since the screws are so much bigger.

If anyone can provide any help on how to fix this problem, I would very much appreciate it. I apologize if this was posted in the wrong forum.

I'm not sure about how to fix the screws if they're stripped, but I assume that you'll need a smaller size screwdriver for the oldie Tamas.

Sorry to hear about problems with those screws.

Next time be sure to use a nice SHARP screwdriver and be sure to be pressing on the screw when you are turning it. That can really help.

When my Devil screws stripped (they all pretty much do) I had to drill them out. First I had to find a drill bit small enough to do the job. That was the hardest part! You need the size just below the smallest standard sized mini bit.

That means you'll also have to tape it shut from now on. :D

2 Of my Devils are that way. If you get the tape good and tight, you should not have a problem.

Stripped screws are not a typical problem at all for Mothra or Angels, just Devils. It was a bit of a surprise to hear you had problems. :(

So remember, next time, press down and use a nice new sharp screwdriver with a bigger handle perhaps? I should take a picture of mine. the handle is a good size because it stores the other bits inside. It's way easier to use than those little metal screwdrivers and makes a very noticeable difference.

Best of luck

-M

sorry for late reply

But yes, thanks for your message. I'll try to keep that in mind. I've had this problem with all my tamas from the late 90's, so I was very relieved that the new Connection ones had much bigger screws XD

um... get a smaller screwdriver! this link will help

*personal ad link removed*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back