STUDENT COUNCIL IDEAS!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickigi

Reaction score
Well my freind is running for student council and she copied almost all of my ideas cause I told her! I didn't know she would copy! She asked to "borrow some of my ideas" Any ideas that will really help me win??

Um.. Whats Student Council? I know its something in school, I have it at my school, but what do you do?

Were they general cliche's like making posters and stuff or was it more specific kinds of things?

Were they general cliche's like making posters and stuff or was it more specific kinds of things?
I thought i was about making the school better. xDDD *Gets bricked*

*Gets bricked*
And that's what friendship is all about 8D

Brickship 8D

I think...

I think she's running for class president.

Or something xD

Isn't the Student Council when people run for "Class President" and then there is a Secretary, etc.? I'm confused... :huh:

In my school, Stuco is the school president, vice, treasurer, eight representatives from each grade, and the staff putting out ideas for all of our school functions like dances, spirit week, and funraisers.

My advice is don't talk too much about yourself in your speech - Talk about what you would do for the school if you were elected. Don't promise anything you're not sure you can pull off. Talk more to them as people and less like an audience, and tell them that if they come to you with ideas to improve the school, you'll bring them to attention at future Stuco meetings.

When our elections were held a few weeks ago, this was mainly what I was looking for. I wasn't looking for somebody who was up-tight, but actually talked to us instead of giving a speech. ;]

About your friend, talk to her about it. Don't let her change the subject next time. If it does lead to a fight, she should get over it after the entire election is over. Either of you could run next year in another school.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my school, Stuco is the school president, vice, treasurer, eight representatives from each grade, and the staff putting out ideas for all of our school functions like dances, spirit week, and funraisers.My advice is don't talk too much about yourself in your speech - Talk about what you would do for the school if you were elected. Don't promise anything you're not sure you can pull off. Talk more to them as people and less like an audience, and tell them that if they come to you with ideas to improve the school, you'll bring them to attention at future Stuco meetings.

When our elections were held a few weeks ago, this was mainly what I was looking for. I wasn't looking for somebody who was up-tight, but actually talked to us instead of giving a speech. ;]

About your friend, talk to her about it. Don't let her change the subject next time. If it does lead to a fight, she should get over it after the entire election is over. Either of you could run next year in another school.
People who run for School President sometimes lie about what they are going to do to improve the school, and come up with some lame excuse about it. Some others talk about themselves the whole speech and say how great they are 5 times. You really have to make this decision carefully, you shouldn't just pick your friends.

Stand up for what's right.

Hmm, we have a good president, vice, and treasurer this year.

A boy running for president wore a kilt and a tux t-shirt on the day of the speeches.

I'm running for student council as well. Well, just grade rep. I sort of did this when I was running for valedictorian, so these tips helped me.

Like said, try not to talk about yourself too much in your speech. Talk more about the issues, and how electing you will help bring the school to it's highest potential.

Don't let the speech be so formal. Try to memorize it and make it seem like you're making the whole thing up on the spot. Being a leader involves confidence, and showing that you have that will help you to be one step further.

Also, try to be humourous. Don't make corny sounding "jokes", but usually having a sense of humour is a good thing.

Good luck, and pm me for any more tips.

Hmm. Maske new ideas and next time don't tell her 'em.

Or talk to your friend about this...

I'm not sure what else to say... good luck though. <33

And that's what friendship is all about 8DBrickship 8D

I think...

I think she's running for class president.

Or something xD
Brickship.. Yay. ^___^

I think its class president, because for student council I don't think you need ideas. But then again, I'm not in SC.

Anyway, look good, if you look like you just came out of bed and a t-shirt and jeans... I don't think anything will happen... Wear something....Formal. But not OTT(Ex: Your mom's pearl earrings with a white dress.) something like a white/cream blouse w/ a vest and black or white pants and shiny shoes. :3 If I were running for SC, I would wear something like I wore to my band concert last year... *Gets shot* Away from clothes, think of a speech... Will this speech get air conditioning in the gym? A new track? New air conditioners? New computers? What?

Just be yourself...say what you want to say. Be funny. Be clever. Be responsible.

My student council elections are today and I don't even have a speech prepared.... xD So I'm just gonna go with the flow and say whatever sounds good.

Well try using ideas like it but add some of your own things that way it's somewhat original and hard to guess. ^^

Student council is like politicians for the school. They represent the school basically. In my school, there are 4 student representatives for 6th grade and 4 for 7th. In 8th, there is the president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary.

Just say that you'll listen to what people have to say and stuff like that. I probably could have gotten in if the teacher hadn't lost my speech. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back