stuff you regret doing to/doing with your tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgetting and leaving them in my pocket.

Death to the washing machine was the eventual fate of ALL my original virtual pets. Even the ones I really loved. :(

Now that I'm older and more responsible, that hopefully won't happen.

I have a vague memory as a kid having one of those "100 in 1" virtual pets. I didn't care for it much and eventually threw it away, which I really regret now. :( It had a wide selection of characters you could get, I remember trying to get a dinosaur but instead I got a human. :lol:

My first Tamagotchi was a Dinopet. I was in art class and the teacher called me up to talk to her. I was sitting with a group of friends. I decided to leave my Dinopet there at the table because I can trust my friends right? When I came back it was gone. I was devastated. I lost my Tamagotchi and my trust in friends. I also regret stealing a tamagotchi from my cousin and my best friend. I told them that I would take care of it but I had not intention of giving it back to them. I also regret taking screws out in a careless manner. I have lost many screws that way.

When I got my very first Tamagotchi (I was eight), I didn't fully understand how it worked. It was a V2, and when I first started it up, I was so impatient that I just set the clock to a random time and started playing. Of course, once it evolved into the child stage, it immediately went to sleep because I had set the clock to like 2AM military time. Wanting to play with my Tamagotchi and getting frustrated with it not waking up (and being too dumb of a kid to even think of changing the clock), I'd reset it over and over again. The poor thing had to have been reset over ten times within the span of my first day caring for it. I think I also reset it a couple times after that just because I was bored, or got a character I didn't like. Somehow, it eventually lived long enough to evolve into a Masktchi named Zelda, who had a son named Mat (no, not Matt - just Mat). I still consider her to be my very "first" Tamagotchi pet, because she was the one who actually survived all my childish ignorance.

Another one... this isn't necessarily something I have personal guilt over, but when I was younger, I bought my sister a Tamagotchi V4 with some money my aunt had given me. I also got one for myself, and we had a blast helping each other take care of them, connecting them, and even frantically searching for them between couch cushions. At some point during the winter, my sister's Tamagotchi went missing and no one could figure out where it had gone. Eventually, we forgot about it... until spring came. Out in the backyard, under a swing we had hanging from a large tree, was her Tamagotchi. It was in near-perfect condition - aside from a few dirt smudges, the snow had made the perfect, frozen shield. Once it all had melted, we found it out in the grass, almost like an Easter egg. We brought it in, wiped it off, and replaced the battery, but nothing happened. Between the cold and the wetness of the snow, it was done for. I guess I mostly feel bad about this one because I'd love to have that working Tama in my collection today. Even though it wasn't my fault, it was such a pretty-looking shell, plus it held a lot of memories for me and my sister, so it would've been cool to still have it. RIP, adorable pink-and-green Tamagotchi V4...

When I was younger, I accidentally dipped my Tamagotchi Music star in a pool. Oops! :p

It still works, but it's missing a few lines of pixels.

i was in 1.st grade and it was a big trash bag and i founded a v5 i asked "what is this?" the teacher is say "it is a dog!"(because in my region only was "dogy kytty tamas and dino tamas) i dont kown what she mean.an i was in the school's playground and my best friend gived me the bag and i founded the tama again i was trowed them to the trash :angry: :( Since i vowed if i found a thing that i dont know hat i keep them

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking I could debug my V4. I couldn't get all the screws out so I gave up. Unfortunately, I dropped it before I had screwed everything back and this broke it. The screen cracked on the inside and black stuff came out. It still worked except I couldn't see anything. I still have it but I'm too afraid to put a battery in it now. (It even has its own Ichigotchi pet pouch so I don't have to look at it, lol)

Thinking I could debug my V4. I couldn't get all the screws out so I gave up. Unfortunately, I dropped it before I had screwed everything back and this broke it. The screen cracked on the inside and black stuff came out. It still worked except I couldn't see anything. I still have it but I'm too afraid to put a battery in it now. (It even has its own Ichigotchi pet pouch so I don't have to look at it, lol)
Gimme that pet pouch XD i really want the ichigotchi one

I regret selling all of my Tamagotchis... Now looking to buy around $200 worth of them!

Turning off the sound to play stealthy, then forgetting to turn it back on.

Thankfully, I haven"t lost any this way! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back