Summer school

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

super mametchi

Reaction score
I heard many people mention summer school what is it?

Is it when you go school in the summer hols or something?

Please i dont know its just if it is tell me okay!

Summer school is when kids go to school during summer.

Sometimes people go there because they did bad in school;

and sometimes people go there to understand the material

for next year. :)

It's either if you failed a course and need to get to where you need to be or if you want to get ahead in school.

You go to classes [usualy a couple weeks long] during the summer hence the name 'summer school'. ;]

Lol like the people head of me posted.

Its when you go to school in the summer if you failed a course or not.

OF course, you don't have to do summer school if you don't want to. But if you don't, you'll have to repeat the course/grade over again the following school year.

course....grade..... we have year bands im in year 6 like and its not mentally based its age based even the people with learning problems that get triple threes dont go summer school maybe its a (not in my country) thing!

Im from england!

course....grade..... we have year bands im in year 6 like and its not mentally based its age based even the people with learning problems that get triple threes dont go summer school maybe its a (not in my country) thing!
Im from england!
WELLLLLL If your in England, then it would be much different then it is in North America. Lol

If you are doing poorly in school or have failed one or more of your classes summer school is efficient to help you get caught up and understand the material more so that you will do better in school in the fall. Many kids go to school during summer for a few weeks because they are having trouble. So if you are failing you need to summer school so you won't have to repeat that course or even the whole grade again in the fall.

[SIZE=9pt]Well I'm lucky because in my school theres no such thing as summer school and nearly anyone fails. I live in Canada. Maybe they don't have summer school in Elementary..[/SIZE]

Im from england!
It's the same here, except highschool is different. (In general highschool is for people 14 and up) Summer school is mostly for highschools. (For us highschool is grades 9-12, for you I think it's Year 10 and up) In highschool, you take different classes based on your ability. The class you take in highschool has nothing to do with what grade you are in (except for some classes like English.). If you didn't pass one of the classes you took, you can redo it over the summer. If you decide not to retake the class, you have to redo the class next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, here we have 'Summer schools' (Escuelas de Verano), but they are something completely different.

Here they are basically special activities mainly aimed at kids and teens so they have something to do over the holidays (some parents may work over Summer and can't look after their children in the morning so they send them to a Summer School.

There are different types too. I have been to a few:

The 'normal' type ones are basically a group of activities like playing games, visiting places etcetera.

Language Schools are also quite popular. A lot of people sign up to English or German language schools here (and to be honest, I'm drooling over this Intensive japanese Course @.@)

Sports are also popular too. Last year I went to one - we didn't do that much sport, but it was OK. I tried signing up again this year, but all the places were taken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back