SWELTERING HEAT!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, definitely keep your cats inside. It's not safe for them to be out in extreme heat.

The weather here is fine. We had a big heat wave about a month ago (It was the hottest weather that ever happened here in April) and it got up to 100 degrees. Now, though, it's been rather cool. The fog is starting to come, which cools off my town. I'd say it is about 62 degrees out right now. Next week it might start to warm up and get into the 70s, though.

Oh wow.. Its so hard to have summer temperatures in summer. in British columbia its like 11 celsius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boiling weather. Yetserday, the temperautre was like, 40 celcious(sp) and today it was like, 36!! I'm dying of heat.

:D

So is it? Most of the East Coast of the U.S. is said to have heat advisories out.
In my town (near Springfield MA and Hartford CT), I just checked the weather channel and it said for finals week (next week). Days with asterisks (*) on them are days on which forecast temperatures are above the record! 2 if it breaks a month record.

Tomorrow - partly cloudy, high 94*

Sunday - partly cloudy, high 95

Monday - sunny, high 101**

Tuesday - partly cloudy, high 94*

But what I'm most worried about is my 2 cats, Dylan and Lacey. On most days they're hunting cats and go outside to hunt for rodents and sometimes even birds and snakes while my parents are at work and my sisters and I are at school. I fear the unusual heat might affect them in a somewhat deadly way. Should I keep them in the house those days?
Cats would live just fine in Nature that way, right? So it wouldn't be bad for them. They'd probably go hunting in shady places. They're smart animals. My dog has been out hunting small birds, and he's fine. It's been VERY hot. (30 degrees celcius with a humidity of 40 degrees.)

as long as they have water they should be fine (the cats) dont handle unless you have to let them go out and in as they please

if its to hot they will stay in the house or find shade there will be fine when it gets hot here (Austalia) i make sure guinea pigs have water and shade and just leave them if you very woried givethem a cold bath and let them out side to dry of

Cats would live just fine in Nature that way, right? So it wouldn't be bad for them. They'd probably go hunting in shady places. They're smart animals. My dog has been out hunting small birds, and he's fine. It's been VERY hot. (30 degrees celcius with a humidity of 40 degrees.)
Agreed they should be fine.

Apparently (just learned this recently so FUN FACT!) cats have a higher tolerance for heat than we do. I think it's 10-15 degrees celcius difference of tolerance than most of us generally have before they start to feel REALLY uncomfortable. Ever notice they would curl up semi close to the fireplace more at times than you would? That's pretty much why.

Tommorow it's suppoced to be 103* where I live.@__@

Why'd you make it so we had to highlight it to read it?

o__O"
In New Jersey, that's probably the temperature...103*. My sister almost fainted yesterday, it was so hot! o_O

-Temari Nara

Ugh. I hate this whole global warming theory.

I live in Minnesota/Wisconsin, there's not too much heat here, to be frank. I think the warmest temperature EVER, here, was like, 102. But that's extremely rare. Usually in the summer it doesn't get much higher than 93.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back