Swine Flu Vaccination

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As one of 46 million uninsured Americans, I got the H1N1 vaccine when it was offered free of charge on my college campus. The decision, for me, was easy. I live alone. I have no insurance. If I get sick, I will be missing a lot of work-- I can't afford to get sick. Period.

I go to Miami University, where 30% of our student body is expected to get H1N1 at some point this year. I simply can't take a chance with that sort of statistic.

^Actually, young adults and children are most prone to it. And you can still get it, I believe. I'm 13 and I got it. I am 100% for it. I don't understand why people are against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I already had the swine flu.. I was sick a few weeks ago, and when we went to the doctor, he said that it was highly likely that I had the swine flu..

I had like all the symptoms... o.o

So.. I guess I don't have to get the shot.. :\

P.S. I'm thirteen by the way, and what x.Roller-//-Coasters.x said is right... the swine flu is most prone to young adults (teenagers) and children.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Swine Flu has been made a lot bigger deal than it should have been. I'm against getting the shot. I think it's a waste of time.
This is an extremely ignorant statement.

You're right, H1N1 is over-publicized and has been dramatized as well, but that doesn't mean you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. That doesn't mean getting vaccinated is a waste of your time. Being "against" the vaccine just because you don't believe in the virus is... ugh. Ignorant in an extreme sense.

This is an extremely ignorant statement.
You're right, H1N1 is over-publicized and has been dramatized as well, but that doesn't mean you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. That doesn't mean getting vaccinated is a waste of your time. Being "against" the vaccine just because you don't believe in the virus is... ugh. Ignorant in an extreme sense.
I didn't say to pretend it didn't exist.

I just don't think it's a huge deal. I wouldn't get the shot, but it's not up to me what others do.

I wasn't being ignorant. I never said I didn't "believe in the virus"

If I didn't, I'd be stupid, because it obviously exists.

I don't think, for me, it's necessary to get it. I'm not especially prone to the flu, and many people who have had it say it's very similar to the regular flu.

I think Swine Flu has been made a lot bigger deal than it should have been. I'm against getting the shot. I think it's a waste of time.
Why be aganist? There's nothing to lose from it. It's a win-neutral situation..

Ohhh. I got the shot. xDD I got a small little bump that slightly tingled for a few moments.

I got the nasal one. Totally painless. And much better than regular flu shots.

I didn't exactly want to get it, but my mom made me.

You don't have to have the shot to get vaccinated. They do also have the nasal mist available. The only difference is that the shot contains the dead virus and the nasal mist contains the weakened live virus.
But we don't have the mist around where i am. All we have is the shots

;-;

^It'll be hard, since I was still bawling about the regular flu shot I had just got.

It's kina like a mist/spray from what it felt like. You just tilt your head back and the nurse puts the liquidy-spray-mist-thing up your nose. You have to "sniff" it. I don't know what the word its, but I'm hoping you get the main idea.

It jsut feels like a cold thing in your nose, but it's a lot better than a shot. O:

I'm not getting any flu shots, thank you.

My mom had a serious allergic reaction to a seasonal flu shot

So , I know a lot of you guys think 'there is nothing to lose', but you have to be cautious.. >.<

^ Tell me, what is that like? Do they give you a shot in your nose or something? Or is it a spray of some sort?
Well the one I got: they take a NEW needle and slightly jab you with it. It doesn't hurt, it just tingles. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back