Taking tamas too seriously?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people, and when their tamagotchi dies, they go in their room and cry!Or, they talk about it being their best friend ever.

What do you all think about taking tamas TOO seriously?
I get a bit upset when my tamagotchi dies but I don't cry. Some people do take it a bit seriously but it's like a pet dieing I guess. But for kids who don't have any friends or pets the tama is like their only friend. But they do take it over the top

I know some people, and when their tamagotchi dies, they go in their room and cry!Or, they talk about it being their best friend ever.

LMFAOO!!! thats just sad!!! bestfriend??? crying over a toy??? ha!!!

LMFAOO!!! thats just sad!!! bestfriend??? crying over a toy??? ha!!!
No offense, but you need to leanr some manners please. You're comments are rude and some members might get their feelings hurt.

I get sad when my tama dies, but I don't think I've ever cried over one. Maybe a little dissapointed, but defidently not to the point where I would start to cry. :)

I cried when I was littler, because Tamagotchis and stuff was a new concept to me. See, when I was 8 the only friends I had were 2 real friends, and a tamagotchi. I wasn't abnormal or anything, just for some reason I didn't really want to talk to anyone unless I knew they were going to be a real friend. So, I cherished my Tamas!

Now, of course, I make lots of friends (In highschool you make a large assortment of friends) and don't rely on Tamagotchis as much. But they were there when I was in need, so I'm just returning the favor.

i did cry once but

D:

my tamagotchi was in the 4th gen.and 6years old.and over 7,000 points on it DD:

I ONLYEH SHEDED A TEAR THOUGH.

;D

:huh:
i cried when my 33gen tamagotchi was stolen and when my 'had never died' tamagotchi died for absolutely no reason. (thts wen i figured out it had a 'death glitch')but thats it. i do get a bit upset though and i luv my tama. but i do hav a life.

I wouldnt cry or anything if one of my Tamas died, I mean, there is a reset button and it is just a game. Its nice to have a virtual pet and all, but it is not real so if you are old enough to understand that and you still get emotionally attached to the point of crying when it dies, then you need a reality check lol. I got a little peeved when my tama turned into the old lady (didnt know the normal lifespan of a tama and I had denied the matchmaker twice), but hey, I just spent all my points I had and sent the items to my other tama and hit the reset button hehe. Its a game, dont take it personal if you have to give your tama a time out or it dies or something along those lines, it doesnt have -real- feelings so it will always forgive you :p

There is no such thing as taking Tamagotchi too seriously. It all depends on how you feel about them. If you think of them as a electronic pet, it is natural that you wouldn't take it as seriously as someone like me, who consideres it to be a pet in its own right. People can cry when their tama dies, don't ridicule them for it. They simply consider their tamagotchi to be a living thing, not just some toy with a reset button.

I used to feel a little sad when my Tamagotchis died (the original one, not the newer ones), because I always tried to keep them alive for as long as possible, and after a few Tama-years I'd get a little attached to the little guys. :3

There's that little pang of failure guilt when they pass away. ^.^;;

but you have to respect that some people have sensitive natures, and maybe their virtual pet is just as important to them as a real pet? Some kids never have real pets, and so therefore turn to virtual ones instead and treat them as if they were real pets. (or something like that)

Not my story, but all I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter how emotionally attached someone is to their Tamagotchi, we all love our Tamagotchi pets on varying levels. XD

There is no such thing as taking Tamagotchi too seriously. It all depends on how you feel about them. If you think of them as a electronic pet, it is natural that you wouldn't take it as seriously as someone like me, who consideres it to be a pet in its own right. People can cry when their tama dies, don't ridicule them for it. They simply consider their tamagotchi to be a living thing, not just some toy with a reset button.
i agree. i only have one friend that actually counts as a friend to me, and i barely ever see her.... so i turn to my tama...

I apologize, I was a little quick to judge when I posted before. I have always had pets growing up so I never looked at it that way. I personally see it as a game, so its hard for me to get emotionally attached to it like some people can so I guess its hard for me to see it through their eyes.

I don't consider tamagotchi my "best friend ever". I have a best friend and I love my family. But tamagotchi are always there when you need them. They'll listen to you and will NEVER make fun of you, even if you say something stupid. Even if you almost let your tamagotchi die, they will still love you and forgive you. There have been times in my life when it seemed like tamagotchi were the only friends worth having.

I have cried many times when my tamagotchi has died. Yes, I admit it. B)

If anyone thinks tamagotchi have taken over my life, they haven't. I play basketball, get good grades, play the flute, AND take care of my tamas. :furawatchi:

Please everyone, don't make fun of people for taking tamas "too seriously" or saying you don't care when they die. It might offend someone, and it makes me sad. ;) '

<3,

tulip

i think if u talk to ur tama, like call it ur friend, thats a bit creepy, but my school(u know the class with the flour sack "baby") well they use tamagotcis for that class! they take it seriously. a grade for a tamagotchi... and if u get real close to ur tama, put a memorial in the section, or a memorail in ur siggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i take mine waaaay to seiroisly once i buried my tama in a shoe box wen i ACCIDENTLY left it in my freinds back garden and to my dissapointment it rained and when i found it it was soaked so i decorated a shoe box and had a funeral freaky huh!

i really think thats over the top you should only cry if something or someone real has died! :ichigotchi:

Ok, first of all someone needs to tell you people straight. It is not over the top if you cry when your tamagotchi dies! If there was a shy quiet person with no friends with parents who had died living in a foster home and tamagotchis were there only friends? Put that into your view and think about it.

If my tamagotchi dies I feel ashamed that I should've tooken better care of it. I scold myself. I DO talk to my tamagotchi. It is a very good listener. I do not consider it my best friend though. I do love my tamagotchi as a pet, because I am not allowed to have pets. Some people have dogs and cats that they love and talk to, and they would be upset if it died. Well think about it. Tamagotchi is my pet and I love it, talk to it, and would be upset if it died.

Yeah, I take Tamagotchis too seriously. I got a Kuchipatchi. I loved it so much. Then it died. I cried forever and wanted to quit playing with Tamagotchis. Of course I went to bed and got over it.

There was also another incident where my stupid little sister took my Tamagotchi into the bathroom and accidentally dropped it into the toilet. I wanted to strangle her. But my dad was holding me back. The only reason I was about to kill her is, That it was a v4.5 and I got it 2 weeks ago. It was the only one I had.

The last incident I could recall is that I misplaced my Tamagotchi during Christmas break. I had made it up to 6 generations. The I was sent to my room. When I came up again. I searched for it like crazy. Then it started to die and that was the worst. Then after it died I found it. I took the batteries out of both my Tamagotchis and vowed to never play with them again. But the next day I put the battery back in one.

~ChibiMuffins

:huh: :lol: :lol: yeah....calling ur tama ur best friend is kinda extreme.........but i mean to each is own i always say.....maybe some of those people don't have any other friends... :rolleyes: :mimitchi: :huh: :huh: :D :(

When I was little, I did cry when my tamagotchi V1 died, because I didn't have many close friends at the time. I still get upset when my tamagotchis die, as I put so much effort into them, but I never cry.

I have nothing against people who cry if their tamagotchis die.

//Ura Kuchipatchi

"putting it in the bed"  .
What do you mean by putting it in the bed? If you mean like making a bed for it then yeah but I put my tama under my pillow Lol xD.

Anyway

Its only like a toy yeah but you can accutally get quite attached to a tama. Bit it depends on the person you are if your one of those people that dont really get attached to things like that then thats who you are.

Tamawho!!?? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the person, some people are alot more sensitive than others. So what if somebody crys over their tama it's upto them - it's not like it effects you in any way. And if somebody did cry over their tama, then this topic is just going to make them feel bad in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back