Tama Art

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are awesome drawers! I'm an ok drawer, but I can't draw tamagotchi characters well.

ラブリン

HNI-0012.jpg

Fail; Page:

8463833.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love everyone's Tama art! :) I drew Lovelitchi and Meloditchi a few minutes ago: (Sorry about the random sunlight at the top, I took these pictures on my desk, my desk is by a window.)

a7f811a9.jpg

I should have gone over Meloditchi's head and hat in pencil again...

58fee457.jpg

(Edit: I drew both looking at their pictures on Tamagotchi Wikia, I finally drew Lovelitchi as short as she's supposed to be! :p )

I love everyone's Tama art!
smile.gif
I drew Lovelitchi and Meloditchi a few minutes ago: (Sorry about the random sunlight at the top, I took these pictures on my desk, my desk is by a window.)

a7f811a9.jpg

I should have gone over Meloditchi's head and hat in pencil again...

58fee457.jpg

(Edit: I drew both looking at their pictures on Tamagotchi Wikia, I finally drew Lovelitchi as short as she's supposed to be!
tongue.gif
)
Wow, those look really professional, especially the colouring on Lovelytchi!! I'm stuck in the UK with only 12 bad-quality colouring pencils... :(

ラブリン

HNI-0012.jpg

Fail; Page:

8463833.jpg
You're the only one here who hasn't got any comments yet...so I'll give you some!

Your drawings aren't too failed - they're definitely a lot better than my brother's, and he's eight. I'd say, truthfully, that you're quite good for your age at drawing but not EXTREMELY good. Out of 10, considering your age, I'd give them 7. They're better than mine when I was your age but not as good as I think they could be. Things you could improve:

• better proportions. Proportions (sizes of different parts of the drawing) are very difficult when it comes to Tamas; try copying either an official BanDai Tamagotchi picture (copying off Tamas' packaging works) or a picture drawn by someone on TT who is very good at art.
  • arms higher up. The arms should start at the join between the head and the body (check out kurofan's Melodytchi).
  • better shapes/symmetry. For example, Violetchi's head is not supposed to be square-ish and Ringotchi is slighty mis-shapen. The only way to improve on this is practice.
  • body, arms and legs joined on most characters. Again, check out other people's drawings - their Tama characters' bodies look like jigsaw pieces in a way, with the bodies all drawn in one pencil stroke, instead of a body with the arms and legs attached.
  • generally more accurate. For example, Memetchi's arms and legs are supposed to be sticks, and her curl is supposed to be larger. Kuchipatchi is fatter than you've drawn him.
  • more detail in the eyes. You can invent your own eyes for some characters and it looks fine (for example, I sometimes draw Lovelytchi with Melodytchi eyes and vice versa) but for some, like Mametchi or Kuchipatchi, copying the eyes from an official BanDai picture is the best method. Make sure you get the right size.

I hope I helped and didn't make it seem like your art is bad; it's not! You should see how I drew when I was your age - you're literally ten times better than I was. :)

Wow, those look really professional, especially the colouring on Lovelytchi!! I'm stuck in the UK with only 12 bad-quality colouring pencils... :(
Thanks! :) I actually just use regular Crayola colored pencils for the color, and color shading. :) The black outline is from these art pens I have, they come in different tip sizes and colors. And the gray shading is from a blending stump, and a pencil.

I have more drawings! I drew both Lovelin, and Moriritchi yesterday, it took two hours to draw, ink, and color each but it was worth it! :)

52ecebb9.jpg

04eb8f5c.jpg

Moriritchi isn't that yellow in person, my camera's just being weird. :p

I drew a Mametchi randomly a few days ago. :p

scan0001.jpg

That's the only tama drawing I've done so far. I might do more and show them though.

I made this just now.

Random sprie. :3

This is actually my first sprite! :D

anim_fbb704d4-bb02-8e34-ad74-26095be1aa5c.gif

Sorry if it's a little fuzzy.

I think I zoomed in a bit too much on paint.

P.S Eveyone's drawings are outstanding!!! I'm serious!!!

Wow, that's so good! How do you do such amazing art on Paint? The shading is better than I could ever do...and how do you do Himespetchi's head shape using the curved line tool? How do you do anything but fails using the curved line tool?! :huh:
It's tricky... The curved line tool is fiddly, but you just have to understand how it works. :) Are you gonna post more of your art soon? ;)

At long last...my (much-improved) art!

180px-Dazzilitchi.png
180px-Lovelindazzmina.png
180px-Chamametchidazz.png
180px-Himespetchidazz.png

Dazzilitchi: 8/10

Lovelytchi: 8/10

Chamametchi: 7/10

Himespetchi: 4/10

Is it just me, or has my drawing improved dramatically? What do you think of these?

I also have one I made specially for my dad. It's of Crosseyeditchi and Alienogotchi, two characters he invented. Here it is:

180px-Crosseyeditchi_alienogotchi.png

Wow! Those look super good! I think the best one is the Lovelitchi! Well, a couple days ago I was thinking about this topic and decided to draw a bunch of Tamas!

scan0010.jpg

I started out outlining it with marker but then my markers were dying so I decided to stop. In my opinion, the Necktietchi is the best one. Chamametchi sucks though. :( What do you guys think?

CNT, Dazzmina, EMF, MusicalAngelgotchiOfLove, your Tama art is adorable! :3 Dazzmina, it's not just you, your art has improved dramatically! :)

I drew Lovelitchi and Meloditchi by hand about an hour ago:

3b65dd6f.jpg

First I sketched Lovelitchi in pencil, then went over her in art pen. After, I colored her with colored pencil and added the color shading, then did the gray shading with a blending stump. :)

f909e956.jpg

For Meloditchi, I just drew her in pencil and shaded her in with a blending stump. Meloditchi took about an hour, Lovelitchi two. :)

Wow! Those look super good! I think the best one is the Lovelitchi! Well, a couple days ago I was thinking about this topic and decided to draw a bunch of Tamas!

scan0010.jpg

I started out outlining it with marker but then my markers were dying so I decided to stop. In my opinion, the Necktietchi is the best one. Chamametchi sucks though. :( What do you guys think?
They're good for a beginner! Not as good as EMF's or kurofan's, but still quite good. Suggestions:

• Smaller bodies. If you're used to drawing people that can be difficult, same as when you're used to drawing Tamas and always make people's heads too big (like me).
  • Bodies more centred. It's actually quite hard to avoid making the bodies lean to one side, but it's a skill that needs practice and is important.
  • More thorough colouring.
  • Generally more accurate. Some are too thin, others are too fat. I suggest copying official BanDai Tama pics to improve this.

Woah, Dazz... Now you really CAN draw better than me! **Goes into the corner to sulk**

Hmmm... To be honest, I draw fairly quickly. I challenged my Mama to a drawing contest of Ikemen Mametchi. My drawing of Ikemen Mametchi was the best, but I also took a lot shorter than Mama to draw him. And boy, was my Mama's Ikemen Mametchi drawing inaccurate! She just made his eyes big black circles and than drew five eyelashes randomly on each eye, and forgot his eyebrows. XD I would like to take a photo of our "contest", but I ruined my Mama's drawing by attempting to make it more accurate. XD

Hey Dazz, are you going to post more drawings you did by hand? ;)

Latest posts

Back