Tama case

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol this is the same day I asked this on my post :) ^^. I just got an old fabric bag, cut out the corner piece, sewed it together with another piece, and used that for the case. I can put a picture up, if you want.

it depends on what kind of case you want: just a pouch-like thing, or one from which you don't have to remove the tama to see it or play with it.

for the latter I would recommend you those plastic things you use e.g. to cover your exercise books with, the thickest one possible. those are flexible, translucent, but can be sewn and will not rip when sewing, nor when in use. let this be one side of the case and some textil material the other. oh, and also use some stronger/thicker cotton yarn or string, that may lengthen the life of the case.

if you would take the tama out to play with it anyway, I would recommend you those small, soft, sock-like mobile phone cases that would be too small for the average handy anyway. I keep two of my tamas out of the three I raise right now in such cases. just a small baby sock is another crazy, but lovely idea as well (I have baby socks to keep my tamas in too, but I am crazy anyway :mimitchi: ), the only thing you have to make sure is that the tama cannot fall out of it when it is upside down, when it travels inside your bag, for example, so choose one that fits as much as possible, or one that has the strongest/smallest rubberized opening, so that you have to stretch the rubber when you take the tama out - it won't be able to fall out than, as the power of your hands is needed to "let it out".

I would not recommend you a hard plastic case, my experience is that unless its size is not perfectly (I _mean_ perfectly) the same as the tama, or it is not wadded with something soft such as textil, than after awhile it will make the shell of the tama become less shiny and a bit scratched, for they both are plastic and their surfaces abrade that of one another.

sorry for the long post, and also if I got your question wrong, but if not, I hope I could help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back