Tama ON - 'I want to play' and 'I need a new look'

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, so, a small update. I got the 'I need a new look' message yesterday, so I went to the Tama Resort and bought Sunglasses. . . and. . . the message disappeared!Ā šŸ¤©Ā I thought maybe it was a fluke, so I wanted to test it again before posting. Today, around 3 hours ago, I got the 'I need a new look' message again, so I went to Food Town, and bought a Chef's Hat, and, lo and behold, the message disappeared again! :D Ā 

What I want to test out now is, is the message disappearing cause I bought a new accessory, therefore something which could give the Tama the 'new look' they are asking for, or just cause I bought something?Ā (you know, same as you can remove the message by going to the yard or pressing C, maybe just doing a purchase removes it also, so I want to confirm that). When this message comes up again I'll go buy food for the fridge and see if it leaves :) Ā If it doesn't, then the way to solve the 'I need a new look' messages is by buying a new accessory xD Which means they're not a programming error and could actually be fulfilled :) Ā Which leaves us with the 'I want to play' message. . .

Maybe the same thing applies to 'I want to play' =Ā purchasing a new toy?Ā  :eek: I don't think so myself, but anything goes at this point, haha!
Yep, that's an excellent idea! I also want to try just buying food, or an accessory instead of a toy when the 'I want to play' message comes up. If that removes the message, then it's clear that the 'end goal' isn't getting fulfilled, and that buying something is doing the same thing that taking them to the yard or pressing C does (i.e. removing the message but not really fulfilling the goal).

Well, I got the 'I need a new look' message today at about 4pm, so I went to Food Town and bought a Pizza for the fridge, and. . . the message disappearedĀ  :huh: Ā Guess buying the accessory last time wasn't the solution and just buying something random will make it go away same as going to the yard or pressing C. I guess these messages really do haveĀ programming errors with no real end goal.

I suspect that it's that. Though, maybe we're overthinking it a bit, and it's just there to encourage further interaction with the virtual pet? I still think that it's an oversight, though.
It most probably is, soĀ I guess we'll just have to look at it in the way as you suggested, 'that it's there to encourage more interaction with your pet'. Although there's no real end goal to it programmed in, the Tama is still asking for something (i.e. to play or look different), so we could still do this for them before dismissing the message with the yard or C button :) Ā 

Although there's no real end goal to it programmed in, the Tama is still asking for something (i.e. to play or look different), so we could still do this for them before dismissing the message with the yard or C button :) Ā 
Playing with them is always good,Ā but if they already have a nice room and accessory itā€™s a bit dumb to change it all the time just for this šŸ˜•

Playing with them is always good,Ā but if they already have a nice room and accessory itā€™s a bit dumb to change it all the time just for this šŸ˜•
Definitely - but I wonder if it seems that way to the main target audience, or if it just seems like playing with a dolls' house? :huh: I'm thinking of this because of how the US ad for the Tamagotchi On (with its maddening mispronunciation of "Tamagotchi") presents the device as "Their lives are in your hands!" or something of that nature.

Changing the room would be silly yeah, but the accessory I wouldn't find it as a problem in my opinion. It only takes a couple of seconds, and it's free unlike the room.

Huh, so here's an interesting development. I got the 'I want to play' message yesterday, and I took my Tama to the Sushi Bar in Food Town, and. . the message leftĀ  :huh: Ā I got the message again today, took my Tama to Toy Park and played a game in the Gym, and. . the message left again! :huh: Ā This is exactly what I did before when I was trying to solve this, but it wasn't working before, but now it is? What's going on? Did it glitch before? (or maybe it glitched now instead?)

Maybe your Tamagotchi got so tired of your solutions it just decided to give up halfway-through. XD On a more serious note, I have no idea! I'm sure we're definitely overthinking this but if it didn't happen before then--????Ā  :tarakotchi: Ā It'd be a weird glitch if so!

I thought for a sec that maybe the Meets had more varying messages and the ON had just translated two defaults over all of them, but it was stated earlier that most of the translations were accurate?? I did not expect this issue to be so deep-seated! Nobody ever really questioned the messages asked on previous devices like the iD L and P's (etc etc) so for this to start happening waaaay down the line is just confusing to me. :(

Maybe your Tamagotchi got so tired of your solutions it just decided to give up halfway-through. XD
Haha good one lolĀ  :p

On a more serious note, I have no idea! I'm sure we're definitely overthinking this but if it didn't happen before then--????Ā  :tarakotchi: Ā It'd be a weird glitch if so!

I thought for a sec that maybe the Meets had more varying messages and the ON had just translated two defaults over all of them, but it was stated earlier that most of the translations were accurate?? I did not expect this issue to be so deep-seated! Nobody ever really questioned the messages asked on previous devices like the iD L and P's (etc etc) so for this to start happening waaaay down the line is just confusing to me. :(
It really is weird. The only difference that happened is that I'm on Gen 13 now instead of Gen 12, so maybe it really did glitch in Gen 12 when I was trying to figure this out, or maybe the new Tama I have (Gen 13) is getting satisfied when the previous one was more picky? Kinda like when they have certain toys that they dislike and they simply refuse to play with? (my previous Tama HATED the Flying Disc, and would not only refuse to play with it, but also get angry when presented with it!)

I did notice that Tamas do have personalities to them, like some get hungry more frequently than others (I had this particular ghost-pumpkin that was ALWAYS hungry), and others get happier quicker than others (I had this particular set of twins that required playing withĀ 4 or 5 toys to get the happy meter up by one bar, when others usually are satisfied with 3 toys). So maybe something like this really is at work here?

On another note, I also got the 'I need a new look' message yesterday, just gave the Tama an accessory and BAM, message left. When the previous one I also had tried giving 2 accessory changes in a row (even a favourite accessory where they jump up with stars around them) and the message persistedĀ šŸ˜•

Quite interesting, yet also confusing.

Latest posts

Back