Tamagotchi 20th.com?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the physical devices as well. There's something so much more organic about holding the device in your hand. To me, it seems more real. But the majority of the consumer market doesn't feel the same way.

I don't see there being another western release anytime soon- not after how badly Dream Town flopped :(

I like the physical devices as well. There's something so much more organic about holding the device in your hand. To me, it seems more real. But the majority of the consumer market doesn't feel the same way.

I don't see there being another western release anytime soon- not after how badly Dream Town flopped
Hey, they brought back the furby why can't the tamagotchi be brought back? Just make them less needy with color screens?

Hey, they brought back the furby why can't the tamagotchi be brought back? Just make them less needy with color screens?
You have to remember the differences between consumer markets in the West and East. Tamagotchi was a completely viable long-term investment for companies in Japan and it's honestly a miracle that it became so popular here in the US and UK! But the market has changed since the 90's and I don't know much about the statistics back then.

Furby 2012 was a fairly risky business venture in that it was a Christmas release, similar to the Hatchimal... it went well and continued, but I attribute a few things to this, one of the biggest being phone connectivity (but that's another story for another day)

It's obvious that the retailers don't think there's a market for Tamagotchi right now. I don't think neediness and color is the problem. It's just the economy.

No harm in being optimistic, though. :)

I actually would love to know of any decent smartphone app virtual pet, I only have Cthulhu Virtual Pet and I think that's the best I've seen on my iphone.

I believe most people outside Japan don't even know tamagotchis still exist (no one I talk to knows), so there's no way to know if they'd be interested.
I'm a pretty big fan of Pakka Pets (https://www.pakkapets.com/). It's a slightly more complex version of Tamagotchi with bright, colorful pixel art and a town building mechanic. You can do quests as well.

Egg! (https://www.eggthegame.com/) is pretty fun, too. More complex than Pakka Pets and the in-app purchases are a little more intrusive, but it's really cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back